Would you like to see HD return more KO's / Punts?

sharky

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I knew I wasn't crazy. I just looked up the stats.

As a punt returner Weems has 0 TD returns

0 returns for 20+ yards

0 returns for 40+ yards

And out of the entire NFL only 2 returners have called for a fair catch more than Weems.

He's also the only returner to have more fair catches (15) than returns (9)

We have absolutely no explosiveness in our punt returns.

The most anyone has fumbled is twice. The majority don't have any fumbles.

I'm just tired of seeing Weems call for a fair catch when they're returnable. I really don't care if its Weems or HD, CATCH THE BALL AND MOVE IT UPFIELD.

Edited by ltstorm2

Weems has 0 TD returns

0 returns for 20+ yards

0 returns for 40+ yards

And out of the entire NFL only 2 returners have called for a fair catch more than Weems.

I'm just tired of seeing Weems call for a fair catch when they're returnable. I really don't care if its Weems or HD, CATCH THE BALL AND MOVE IT UPFIELD.

I would have disagreement with bringing in HD on punt returns...but I completely disagree that Weems is calling too many FC's. The majority are warranted, and we DONT KNOW WHAT THE COACHES ARE INSTRUCTING HIM TO DO...to say otherwise is folly.

As is evident by our strategy over the last 5 weeks, part of our gameplan is to reduce turnovers...so maybe the coaches are instructing him to be safe. We simply dont know....and he hasnt been benched, so evidently the coaches arent unhappy with his performance, even in the light that HD is little used on offense and USED TO be the punt returner.

I would have disagreement with bringing in HD on punt returns...but I completely disagree that Weems is calling too many FC's. The majority are warranted, and we DONT KNOW WHAT THE COACHES ARE INSTRUCTING HIM TO DO...to say otherwise is folly.

As is evident by our strategy over the last 5 weeks, part of our gameplan is to reduce turnovers...so maybe the coaches are instructing him to be safe. We simply dont know....and he hasnt been benched, so evidently the coaches arent unhappy with his performance, even in the light that HD is little used on offense and USED TO be the punt returner.

I sit on the 2nd row on the lower level in the Dome. He has had PLENTY of opportunity to return balls. Now I agree it might be the coaches that are telling Weems to fair catch, but the numbers don't lie. 9 returns 15 FC's there isn't a player thats even close to having more FC's than returns other than Weems.

As a punt returner Weems has 0 TD returns

0 returns for 20+ yards

0 returns for 40+ yards

Only 5 players have a PR for a TD this season. 5.

Weems is averaging over 13 yards a return ... ranked 10th in the NFL.

I sit on the 2nd row on the lower level in the Dome. He has had PLENTY of opportunity to return balls. Now I agree it might be the coaches that are telling Weems to fair catch, but the numbers don't lie. 9 returns 15 FC's there isn't a player thats even close to having more FC's than returns other than Weems.

Antwan Randle El has 14 FCs and 12 returns. Lance Moore has 14 FCs and 11 returns. Jim Leonhard has 19 FCs and 21 returns.

Yeah. Well only 40 players have had atleast 1 20+ yard return.

And only 9 average more than Weems. I'm not sure what the big deal is about breaking off a 20+ yard return.

He's had returns of 14, 16, 17, 18,and 19 yards ... so almost half his returns are 15 +. It's not like he's not getting good returns.

Edited by Geneaut

Antwan Randle El has 14 FCs and 12 returns. Lance Moore has 14 FCs and 11 returns. Jim Leonhard has 19 FCs and 21 returns.

Lance Moore has a 72 yard return and another for over 20 yards.

Jim Leonard has 4 returns of 20+ yards.

Randel El. Well he's just plain garbage apparently.

Ok so 4 out of 70 FC more than they return.

If weems would return some of these punts. Well he might not have 0's across the stats.

I don't care who's back there returning punts, but they need to RETURN punts. Its a free play. Its a chance we can move the ball up the field before our offense gets on the field.

Its the same reason why Weems brought the ball from way back in the endzone against Greenbay, to give our offense an "easier" scoring chance.

As one poster says.. "RISE UP" and returns some punts.

And only 9 average more than Weems. I'm not sure what the big deal is about breaking off a 20+ yard return.

He's had returns of 14, 16, 17, 18,and 19 yards ... so almost half his returns are 15 +. It's not like he's not getting good returns.

Whats the big deal of a 20+ or 40+ return? You're kidding right? 14,16,17,18,19 Great. If he'd not fair catch more that are returnable he'd even have more 14,16,17,18,19 returns. But when there isn't a defender near him and he's calling a fair catch. that a big fat ZERO return.

When we went through that debacle with Jennings. I can understand how some are just happy Weems is just not fumbling. Great, well Weems seems to have the hands to not fumble. He needs to now move the ball up the field. Its the same thing as wanting Matt to throw the ball down the field. He wasn't doing it at the beginning of the year, now he is. We're not a good enough team to say we don't need the help of extra yards from punts.

Whats the big deal of a 20+ or 40+ return? You're kidding right? 14,16,17,18,19 Great. If he'd not fair catch more that are returnable he'd even have more 14,16,17,18,19 returns. But when there isn't a defender near him and he's calling a fair catch. that a big fat ZERO return.

he could let them bounce and instead of 0 yards it turns into -10 yards