Playoff Ticket Info

Sun Tzu 7

Excellent find. That's not bad at all considering in the past the Falcons asked for $50 more per ticket years ago for playoff tickets to both games and it was impossible for the Falcons to have both games at home. If they make the #1 seed, I would love to see them make it to the Superbowl but this time in person. B)

The invoice is not there yet though - I just logged in to my account - and I don't see the option to pay yet.

I guarantee you - I will be there!

Does anybody know how many tickets are available in the STH lottery for the Superbowl?

It goes up and down it seems every year. Compared to the 70,000 or 100,000 (like Dallas) seated stadiums it's not alot. For the Saints last year it was 4,000.

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2010/01/lottery_for_super_bowl_tickets.html

It's been said that the portion is supposed to be 35% (17.5% for each team):

http://www.tcpalm.com/news/2010/feb/02/the-price-you-pay/

Here is the breakdown I read about SB42:

STADIUM CAPACITY: 65,000 SUPER BOWL

TICKET BREAKDOWN: League Office 25.2% AFC Team 17.5% NFC Team 17.5% Other 29 Clubs 34.8% (1.2% each) Host Team 5%

The Patriots and Giants each get 11,375 seats to divided up any way the club wants.

But I believe some of the 17.5% goes to the players, coaches, etc. Then by the time they get around to the fans it's a little of nothing.

Hope that helps though...

I think in the SB it usually comes down to about 5000 seats for each team's fans. Supposedly the lottery is weighted based on STH seniority. I hope it's HEAVILY weighted is all I have to say.

If I were AB I'd find everyone who was a 25yr+ STH and automatically offer them at least two. As long as this franchise has been suffering that would be a nice gesture imo.

I think in the SB it usually comes down to about 5000 seats for each team's fans. Supposedly the lottery is weighted based on STH seniority. I hope it's HEAVILY weighted is all I have to say.

If I were AB I'd find everyone who was a 25yr+ STH and automatically offer them at least two. As long as this franchise has been suffering that would be a nice gesture imo.

Make it 15 and count me in. ;)

The SB lottery is why it's best to buy your season tickets individually. Say you have 4 seats. Buy each seat in a different persons name so you have a 4x better chance of being able to buy SB tickets. :rolleyes:

If it's like everything else they do it based on account. So we have 9 seats on my account but will only give 2 seats if I win the drawing. Just like they give one lousy program for 9 seats.

Well if it's 17.5% - then that's 17,500 tickets..

If you do that math for New Orleans - they allotted most of them internally it looks like and gave the fans about 1/3 of those.

If that's the case - it's about 5800 tickets.

Man - that's low :(

I imagine that is goes out to STH based on how long they have had season tickets. Considering the waiting list was completely wiped out after the 2007 season, there's probably not many that have very long tenures. You would probably have a shot if that's how they give them out.

My mother is a STH since 71. In the 98 season we were able to purchase our 4 seats + 4 additional seats @ face value. The price was a little higher than the season AND you were *required* to purchase both seats. And @ 14-2 there was only one team that could host the game over us. Too bad they didnt lose.

(Fortunately, the ability to purchase the 4 additional was there and I was able to sell those seats for enough to cover my own seats)

The down side in 98 was that the money was automatically rolled to the next season.

This year looks much better economically. I am going to be able to make use of the pay-as-we-play option (who wouldnt) and Ill buy my 3 seats immediately and *IF* we get to the NFC Champ game, make that when it comes. Thank you Falcons. This makes next years tickets (which I am sure will go up in price *AGAIN*) and Christmas much more bearable.

About SB tickets. In 98 we were selected in the lottery and were allowed to purchase 2 tix at face which was $475 I believe. The tickets were in the upper deck corner of the endzone 2 rows from the top. But still inside the stadium.

In 99 we also won the lottery and were again allowed to purchase 2 tickets at face. I believe they were $495 that year. Those seats were center endzone about 3 rows from the top.

Taking your point that a lot of people dropped tickets and such....I really, really hope we make it this year.