If we make it all the way

Not to get ahead of myself because I know a lot can happen in a few months, but if we do make it would you do anything possible to go? Im only 17 myself and I have been talking to my parents about this since 08 when I knew the falcons were legit.

My dad said he would pay for the way there (since we live in buffalo it will be semi costly plane tickets). I would then prolly sell this brand new computer im using right now and a few other things to get enough for the tickets.

As a diehard falcon fan there would be nothing better then to see that live. So what would you guys do? Sell stuff to raise money? Go to a sports bar? Looking forward to seeing what you guys think ^_^

I am going even if I have to raid my 401k....seriously! There isn't a Superbowl year that goes by that I don't regret not going to Miami in '98. I chose to work and stay home (at my ex-wife's insistence)...12 years later, I divorced her and got laid off from that job years ago. Who knows? I coulda been the guy that bugged Eugene for an autograph so much, that he would've decided to turn in early instead of making a late-night stroll down hooker alley. If we go, I am definitely there!

Not to get ahead of myself because I know a lot can happen in a few months, but if we do make it would you do anything possible to go? Im only 17 myself and I have been talking to my parents about this since 08 when I knew the falcons were legit.

My dad said he would pay for the way there (since we live in buffalo it will be semi costly plane tickets). I would then prolly sell this brand new computer im using right now and a few other things to get enough for the tickets.

As a diehard falcon fan there would be nothing better then to see that live. So what would you guys do? Sell stuff to raise money? Go to a sports bar? Looking forward to seeing what you guys think ^_^

I will certainly go. If we are blessed to go, then I am going to try to budget about 5k for the entire experience, but that maybe wishful thinking on the money and our chances.

I've been looking at this for a couple of months which just started out as a curiosity. I said anyway possible I would be there because it may be once in a lifetime if they win. I even dropped a hint to the wife but man I'm at around 5k for a ticket for me and my son with hotel room.(he's 7 and would never forgive me if I didn't take him) and I haven't even gotten to airfare from Atlanta to Arlington. That's after Christmas and hopefully kicking out a bundle for a pair of 2 playoff games.

I just want to know who these people are that say they are just there for the event and the parties and don't even care about the teams.

I already bought the tickets. Don't get them yet - and they couldn't even tell me the exact seats yet - but I got a pretty good deal. I've checked into the airlines and decided we are driving - and I've put in for the week of.

The only thing I haven't done yet is book a hotel. I'm trying to find a reasonable hotel a little away from the stadium.

I figure - if by some chance they don't get there - I can always sell the tickets and get my money back so I'm okay with it - but no way in heck am I missing this game if they get there.

Within one hour of Morton Anderson's kick putting the Falcons in the Super Bowl in 1998 I had purchased two 50 yard line seats in Miami for $7,500.00--plus travel costs!

In legal terms this is called "temporary insanity" but this can happen to a Falcons' fan who had waited 33 years for such an opportunity.

I'd probably suffer the same illness again!

Edited by Quarterback

My wife and I would like to go but I'm not even sure how to do it. As a season ticket holder I know I have first option to buy my tickets for any home playoff games but does that work for the SB too? Is the Super Bowl a completely different deal for tickets? I was counting on getting something from the Falcons to explain what my options are. Can anyone help me understand how this works?

My wife and I would like to go but I'm not even sure how to do it. As a season ticket holder I know I have first option to buy my tickets for any home playoff games but does that work for the SB too? Is the Super Bowl a completely different deal for tickets? I was counting on getting something from the Falcons to explain what my options are. Can anyone help me understand how this works?

I believe that the particiapting teams have relatively small ticket allocations - and donlt have enought for all STH's, so they have a lottery for STH, with the first names out getting the first option on tickets (at face value).

Maybe someone else can can confirm this.

If you aren't lucky, the other option is to pay grossly inflated prices asked by the touts.

I already bought the tickets. Don't get them yet - and they couldn't even tell me the exact seats yet - but I got a pretty good deal. I've checked into the airlines and decided we are driving - and I've put in for the week of.

The only thing I haven't done yet is book a hotel. I'm trying to find a reasonable hotel a little away from the stadium.

I figure - if by some chance they don't get there - I can always sell the tickets and get my money back so I'm okay with it - but no way in heck am I missing this game if they get there.

Are they for sale already?

I would go, even if to just tailgate in the parking lot

Nope. If I had the money, I'd absolutely go, but I don't know about the rest of you, 2K per ticket minimum is a tad outside of my budget right now. I'd prefer to feed my family for the next 6 months instead of buying 1 ticket to the super bowl (not including air/hotel/rental car). I'll watch it on TV and enjoy it as much or more than being in a 100,000 seat stadium filled with 95,000 NFL corporate sponsors & 5,000 fans of the 2 teams playing.