If we are picking past 25 this is the guy I think we might take.

WoTFan

TE, Kyle Rudolph.

Even if TG comes back I think it could be the pick. Hear me out here. One, at that point in the draft we will have limited options. Most of the top players will be gone. Two, we love to run two tight end sets. Three, I don't see any DE worthy of a first round pick that will be there when we are picking.

I would love to see a Gonzalez/Rudolph two tight end set next year.

Thats the thing. I think he could very well be the BPA. I think all the top WR and OT will be gone. All the DE's (only one I can see falling is Beal). Other options would be guard, OLB, and CB. Those are the other three positions with value at that position IMO.

WTF, I wouldn't be surprised either. Another post mentioned TD is considering this draft as the draft we can pick "luxury picks" & Rudolph may fall into this category. In past years we have shown some interest in big time TEs that where drafted in Rd1 or early in draft, we just didn't pull the trigger. TD has also shown in the past if he thinks the player is special enough he will pick him even if he has had some injuries. Rudolph appears to be a special TE. There is plenty of tape on him he if declares & his intangible/character should not be an issue. So if he declares, it will be interesting to see if Falcons show interest in him or work him out.

If a bonafide pass rushing DE, big physical cover Cb or stud OT is not available I believe we may go with the best player available. Rudolph may be that player.

Edited by gritzblitz

Agree. Draft prospects will shuffle significantly before April for many positions, but QB and TE won't!

Those two are Luck and Rudolph. KR will most likely fall in Falcons' drafting area so I consider him a very likely pick at this point.

Most teams in league are happy with their TE situation now and/or have far more pressing needs to address in Rd 1.