Why all the fear of Philly.

lju713

I know they beat us earlier in the season and w/o Vick, but some peole have made references to the rushing yrds that ARod had on sunday. We will defend Vick in a totally different way than Rodgers. Secondly this coaching staff has shown they will make the neccessary adjustments the 2nd go round. After the game we had against G.B. defensively no team in the NFC scares me......atleast at home.

I know they beat us earlier in the season and w/o Vick, but some peole have made references to the rushing yrds that ARod had on sunday. We will defend Vick in a totally different way than Rodgers. Secondly this coaching staff has shown they will make the neccessary adjustments the 2nd go round. After the game we had against G.B. defensively no team in the NFC scares me......atleast at home.

I fear philly because they are so explosive with speed on the offensive side of the ball.

I feel we can win that game, but they have an extremely explosive offense and it will be hard for our secondary to contain that speed.

I feel both of yall's opinions and they have had our # as a organization(playoffs & draft) but i think we matchup nicely. Being physical is the way you offset speed, and we aren't the slowest D in the world either. I think after the game Forte had that Turner/Snelling could be effective. Vick has improved alot as a QB, but i think we have come along way as a team since that lost in Philly.

It's ridiculous that people dont want to see the Eagles. THis Defense has gotten better and better and yet its is still not where Coach Smith wants it to be. I would love to see us use the same gameplan against the Eagles that we used against the Packers. Keep everything in front of us but lets make the tackles this time.

And as we know speed kills and it definately kills at WR, but Abe will be the first to tell you if the D-line had played better and got in Kolbs face he wouldnt have been able to kill us deep.

We bring the same pressure that we did against the Ravens and force the Eagles to keep that ball short we will be fine. Bring them on in the playoffs, but I'm not so sure they will make it to the playoffs.

Exactly....keep everything in front of us and make the tackle. I don't Philly has the run game(minus Vick) to beat us in the playoffs. I think Vick will scratch their gameplan and try to beat us single-handledly, and that will mean turnovers.

Why fear Philly?

1.) Our pass rush is not where we want it to be. Teams are still able to air it out against us and it seems Brent Grimes is slowly starting to crumble under the pressure. He was the prime target for the Aaron Rodgers air raid and didn't do too much to stop it. We all know that Grimes is capable of stepping up, but could all of this recent attention be getting in his head? First and foremost, we need to find a way to get MORE pressure on the QB, and whatever we are doing right now just doesn't seem to be working.

2.) Our secondary doesn't match up well with the Eagles receivers. Desean Jackson will be covered by D-Rob, and while he is physical, if Dunta plays up close on Desean, all it takes is one successful swim move and Desean is off for a TD. Brent Grimes does not have the size to be physical. We can't run man because nobody on that defense is as fast as Desean or Maclin. We can't run zone because Desean and Maclin are smart enough to fit between the zones and Vick has the arm velocity to fit it in there.

3.) Speaking of Vick, this is not the Vick of Atlanta. This Vick has the mobility to move around the pocket, avoid the rush, and still remain level-headed enough to not take off and run. Instead, he let's his receivers run past the defensive coverage assignments and fires the ball to them with precision. If he needs to, Vick can take off and run with the ball. Watching our Defensive line against the Packers it doesn't bode well for us. I watched all game long (as i'm sure most of you did) our defensive line get pushed wide. This opened up the middle of the field for Rodgers to run, and run he did. Now put Vick in that same scenario, and it becomes more of an issue. Sure you could put a middle linebacker there to spy, but that takes away from covering A.) Mccoy out of the backfield, or B.) Brent Celek who is a very capable catch and run TE.

it's a long read, but I think they all are very valid points as to why I am scared of Philly.

Why fear Philly?

1.) Our pass rush is not where we want it to be. Teams are still able to air it out against us and it seems Brent Grimes is slowly starting to crumble under the pressure. He was the prime target for the Aaron Rodgers air raid and didn't do too much to stop it. We all know that Grimes is capable of stepping up, but could all of this recent attention be getting in his head? First and foremost, we need to find a way to get MORE pressure on the QB, and whatever we are doing right now just doesn't seem to be working.

2.) Our secondary doesn't match up well with the Eagles receivers. Desean Jackson will be covered by D-Rob, and while he is physical, if Dunta plays up close on Desean, all it takes is one successful swim move and Desean is off for a TD. Brent Grimes does not have the size to be physical. We can't run man because nobody on that defense is as fast as Desean or Maclin. We can't run zone because Desean and Maclin are smart enough to fit between the zones and Vick has the arm velocity to fit it in there.

3.) Speaking of Vick, this is not the Vick of Atlanta. This Vick has the mobility to move around the pocket, avoid the rush, and still remain level-headed enough to not take off and run. Instead, he let's his receivers run past the defensive coverage assignments and fires the ball to them with precision. If he needs to, Vick can take off and run with the ball. Watching our Defensive line against the Packers it doesn't bode well for us. I watched all game long (as i'm sure most of you did) our defensive line get pushed wide. This opened up the middle of the field for Rodgers to run, and run he did. Now put Vick in that same scenario, and it becomes more of an issue. Sure you could put a middle linebacker there to spy, but that takes away from covering A.) Mccoy out of the backfield, or B.) Brent Celek who is a very capable catch and run TE.

it's a long read, but I think they all are very valid points as to why I am scared of Philly.

was about to state my reasons but you did it for me good post.

Because they always beat us it seems, and then what they did to the skins.

What happened to the skins is not something that happens often if ever. If it was Vick wouldn't have his jersey taking into the HoF for that performance.

Anyways you should take that game as an exception and pay more attention to the last two games.

What happened to the skins is not something that happens often if ever. If it was Vick wouldn't have his jersey taking into the HoF for that performance.

Anyways you should take that game as an exception and pay more attention to the last two games.

You're right, but that game just showed how explosive their offense can be. Even if it was skewed a bit by bad defensive play.

They may not have been quite so good their last 2 games but they are 1-1 in them. They shouldn't have even been in it at the end of the bears game, but they had a chance to come back and win. I'm just saying, they're a really good team. :D

Personally I think a QB like Kolb that is gonna step up in the pocket and throw the ball quick for 6 yards is more dangerous to the Falcons than Vick... That bouncing around and scrambling behind the line won't work with speedy D-line guys like the Beerman and Abraham

I like our line but they are built on being strong and having a motor. no one on our line is fast as peppers or tuck.

Time will tell but i see one thing hasant changed for sure people wasted no time jumping on that bandwagon. I wonder if the eagles will bet the farm like we did?

With that kind of talent who doesn't jump on that bandwagon.

Like you said Time will tell how it will turn out.

Why all the fear of Philly

How bout 1-8 against ATL with the one loss being a four point road loss with their best defender being disqualified?

Andy Reid has out coached Reeves, Mora and Smitty.

We have to fix this.

Reeves and Mora aren't here any more- Smith era falcons have faced them 3 times- one with Ryan as a rookie on the road for the 3rd time ever, against one of the best defensive minds ever, and falcons were extremely competitive in the loss; second was last year when the falcons were decimated by injuries; and this year, where they were playing their 4th road game in 6 games, hadn't gotten Jenkins back into the offense, and had a young defense missing it's fastest LB. Reid surprised Smith and the young team couldn't respond fast enough.

Unlike the redskins however, falcons never quit in the game, and did some good things, just not enough.

So, they're 0-3 under Smith, but it's not like the 49ers/ falcons games during the niner glory years where the falcons only hope was food poisoning or plane crashes.

Falcons can beat any team at the dome. Eagles have their own flaws that the Falcons couldn't take advantage of last time, doesn't mean they won't be able to next time.

And Vick while can certainly make the amazing play, he can also make the play where he takes the snap on 3rd and goal at the 3, drops back, fumbles twice and ends up with 4th and goal from the 18. [That's an actual play from his last game].