Buc's Game May Be Blacked Out

I hope to see that pirate ship full of Falcons fans. Clearly Florio has no clue about the attendance at Falcons games.

Link

Another Bucs blackout coming

Posted by Mike Florio on December 1, 2010, 3:24 PM EST

Though the powers-that-be in Tampa have made it known that all Buccaneers home games will be blacked out in 2010, even if the Bucs make it to the playoffs, its still hard to accept the reality that, for example, a high-quality game between the 9-2 Falcons and 7-4 Buccaneers would not manage to sell all non-premium seats.

But as designated NFC South ESPN.com blogger Pat Yasinskas (it drives former newspaper guys nuts to be called bloggers, which is why we do it) said on a Tampa radio station today, via JoeBucsFan.com, 50,000 may be the high end of Sundays turnout.

Thats an amazing proposition, and we cant help but wonder whether Falcons fans are encountering the same difficulties in buying tickets that we heard Steelers fans were encountering earlier this year, and if so precisely why that is occurring.

As much as I hate the Sucs they are a Tier 2 market with like 2M people. We have 5M+. Harder for them to sell out. Even with their recent resurgence.

I believe they'll sell out. Maybe not before the deadline though. Blackout?

I told yall them Bucs were comin back. Hate em. Maybe more than the Aints but I definitely recognize what they are doing.

Heck I can't insult them over this. As a long time Braves fan I hear the same thing from Phillies all the time. Its just irritating. I will admit that I was surprised to hear this though. I think it must just be the economy around X-Mas and a smaller market team.

Heck I can't insult them over this. As a long time Braves fan I hear the same thing from Phillies all the time. Its just irritating. I will admit that I was surprised to hear this though. I think it must just be the economy around X-Mas and a smaller market team.

Phillies fans can suck it. They have a 43,000 capacity and Turner Field is 55,000

I think he's referring to buying tickets to the Bucs game - since it's "sold out"

I am trying to buy a couple for my kid - and I'm having trouble getting good seats at a decent price down there. I've been watching Ebay for a shot at a good deal.

Are you talking about your son from tifton that I went to the 49ers game with? We had a blast that game by the way. Thanks again and how is he doing? Strange he lives in tifton, that is where I was born.