I ASKED LA CANFORA: Why the hate on Falcons, and the saints love

TdotFalcon

Justin Main, Toronto

12:05 PM ET

Hey Jason, I think the Falcons are better then the Saints. You have rated the saints higher in your rankings all year. Please briefly explain your reasoning.

Jason La Canfora, NFL Network

I beleive come January the Saints will be better. I beleive the Saints would beat them now and they will get that shot. My rankings. My opinion. That's all there is to it. Just how I see it

http://chat.nfl.com/front/index/1258

So there you have it, not only can La Canfora not spell 'believe,' he is just plain dumb.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So basically what he's saying is, I have no facts, not even a decent answer, the Falcons already beat them once, but I believe the Saints are better. Him and Dilfer out to take their act on the road, they're perfect for each other.

Facts are for weenies! Statistics are for losers! The way I feel, THAT'S what determines success!

Here I'll help LaCanfora out.

The Saints have struggled with injuries and poor performance early in the year, but they are peaking at the right time. Their offense is again ranked in the top 5, and their defense is in the top 7 in both scoring and total yards. They have 4 different WRs capable of big games where the Falcons have only one, they are first in the NFL in offensive 3rd down %, and they have already proven they can win the big one.

If not for a missed 29 yard FG, there wouldn't even be a reason to have this debate.

If I were LaCanfora, that is probably the argument I would make for his opinion.

I don't have a problem with him thinking the Saints are going to overtake us. There are plenty of logical reasons to think so. I think he's wrong...but it's not blasphemous.

I mean, lets say last year he figured we'd overtake the Saints after our MNF loss eventually b/c we had so many injuries and he could see us getting healthier? Who would have taken issue with it?

The reason I don't have any problem with LaCanfora's opinion is that the Saints won the Super Bowl last year, and their defense is playing better this year.

The Saints may well beat the Falcons in week 16.

But........

in order to overtake the Falcons, two other things have to happen.

The Falcons have to lose at least one other game.

and

The Saints have to win at Baltimore.

So.....I am really loving the way the Falcons are positioned.

I don't have a problem with him thinking the Saints are going to overtake us. There are plenty of logical reasons to think so. I think he's wrong...but it's not blasphemous.

I mean, lets say last year he figured we'd overtake the Saints after our MNF loss eventually b/c we had so many injuries and he could see us getting healthier? Who would have taken issue with it?

Personally I don't care that he thinks that. I just think it's ridiculous that some of these paid "experts" can't seem to give reasons. He specifically used nothing to support his argument and merely said he believes the Saints are better. That's no better than a common internet troll.

If you get paid for it at least show some form of football IQ.

Here I'll help LaCanfora out.

The Saints have struggled with injuries and poor performance early in the year, but they are peaking at the right time. Their offense is again ranked in the top 5, and their defense is in the top 7 in both scoring and total yards. They have 4 different WRs capable of big games where the Falcons have only one, they are first in the NFL in offensive 3rd down %, and they have already proven they can win the big one.

If not for a missed 29 yard FG, there wouldn't even be a reason to have this debate.

If I were LaCanfora, that is probably the argument I would make for his opinion.

if but woulda coulda didnt

you did not win in your house and you think you can come to our house and win.

and people wonder why kids get abused

Personally I don't care that he thinks that. I just think it's ridiculous that some of these paid "experts" can't seem to give reasons. He specifically used nothing to support his argument and merely said he believes the Saints are better. That's no better than a common internet troll.

If you get paid for it at least show some form of football IQ.

I guarantee you that Jason LaCanfora couldn't name more than 4 Falcons players without a roster in front of him. He picks the Saints because he's been programmed to like a good little automaton. Sure, Peyton gives legitimate reasons why someone might consider the Saints ahead of Atlanta (but they'd be wrong :lol:) but the reason LaCanfora doesn't is that he can't. He hasn't got a clue. And that's what makes him funny, especially when he gets bent out of shape like he seemed to today :D

I guarantee you that Jason LaCanfora couldn't name more than 4 Falcons players without a roster in front of him. He picks the Saints because he's been programmed to like a good little automaton. Sure, Peyton gives legitimate reasons why someone might consider the Saints ahead of Atlanta (but they'd be wrong :lol:) but the reason LaCanfora doesn't is that he can't. He hasn't got a clue. And that's what makes him funny, especially when he gets bent out of shape like he seemed to today :D

LOL I doubt that. I understand why you guys are dogging on dude. He is extremely geeky, and he has disrespected the Falcons. But....the dude works for the NFL, his job is to cover it all the time.

I can probably name more than 4 players from every team in the NFL, and I work for the government and football is just entertainment to me.

It'll all come out in the wash. If Jason upsets some of you, check in with Rodney Harrison, he'll make you all feel better.

LOL I doubt that. I understand why you guys are dogging on dude. He is extremely geeky, and he has disrespected the Falcons. But....the dude works for the NFL, his job is to cover it all the time.

I can probably name more than 4 players from every team in the NFL, and I work for the government and football is just entertainment to me.

It'll all come out in the wash. If Jason upsets some of you, check in with Rodney Harrison, he'll make you all feel better.

:lol: :lol: :lol: I have no faith in any of these people!

Honestly, I'm sure some people are legitimately upset about what they perceive as media disrespect (which seems...unlikely at this point, beyond the usual suspects we're being given our due) but for me the board here lately has been a lot like going to a bar with your buddies and starting idiotic arguments because you've run out of good things to discuss. I mean, look at the front page...there's really nothing negative up there at all. The trolls are in hiding, it's great! We all understand our team so well at this point that there's really nothing to discuss about them anymore. So we pick on the LaCanforas, Dilfers and Wilbons of the world. Cuz they deserve it!

Asked him something, here's his reply.

QUESTION: Just curious about how you go about with your power rankings - I mean, I understand it being your opinion. And like you said, it gets settled on the field. That being said, the Saints are ranked first after losing to Atlanta at home, as well as Cleveland and the Cards, whereas Atlanta (as previously mentioned) already has beaten them and has only lost a heartwrencher in Pitt and a road game to the Eagles. If it's all settled on the field, how do you justify these rankings? Also, about the guy above, the facemask play was desperate...if anything, he could have gone farther. Either way, keep up the analytical work...just wondering how you justify most of the things you say, is all.

ANSWER: Because to play the game of this team beat this team in October ... is ridiculous The Browns beat the Saints and barely lost to the Ravens and Jets. Should they be in the top 3? It matter more when you played them and how healthy are you now and how is your QB playing and are you December/playoff tested, and how beat up are you, and what are the matchups like the next few weeks and how does the schedule set up and are you a decent road team and does the team get up got big games ... and then it's also hunch and feel and projections. I'm trying to do a list each week that won't look ridiculous come January. I bet 99 percent of the people who do these things had Denver as a top 3 team back in Week 6 of last year ... Draw your own conclusions from that

...thoughts? lol

He's right.

Brees has thrown 5 interceptions in his last 4 games and Ryan none, with Ryan facing tougher opponents, as well as only throwing two fewer touchdowns. Comparing the Browns to the Falcons when you look at RECORDS is absolutely ********. Ryan has showed his grit in playoff worthy games, and last year he did fine in December...that's the one bit he has ANY part of a point on. I mean, I saw your post and it's reasonable, but HOW can you side with what this idiot is saying? We're 3-2 on the road, with our two losses coming to good teams, whereas NO is 3-1 having lost to Arizona, beat Dallas and Carolina, with their most quality win coming against the Bucs, who haven't beat a single winning team. And we're coming up on Week 13, not Week 6. We've shown up for every big game we've had, minus the Eagles.

Your point is valid. HIS is NOT.

In my opinion, the Saints are indeed a top 5 team. But arguing that the Falcons aren't and the Saints are the best team in the NFL with nothing but homerism and false "facts" to prove it is just plain sad.

Edited by The Iron Lotus

http://chat.nfl.com/front/index/1258

So there you have it, not only can La Canfora not spell 'believe,' he is just plain dumb.

Man thats all good let the national media say what they may.MS and the Falcons will just go about business as usual.I don't really care about power rankings and credibility and all the rest all we have to do is keep doing what we are doing and the rest will come.

ok, but explain to me the Arizona loss.

I respect the Saints, and don't argue they are a top 5 team.

I can't explain the Cardinals loss. Sometimes wierd stuff happens in the league.

I remember a year that a horrible Falcon team and Chris Miller went to San Francisco and punked the Niners something terrible in week 3. It was the only game the Falcons won in their first 8 that year, while the Niners went on to win the Super Bowl.

Ironically enough, the Falcons beat the eventual Super Bowl champions the previous year too (Redskins), and they were even worse that year.

You just can't draw too much of a conclusion from one game.