It's crazy what cutting fast food and soda out of your diet will do. Honest to God, after cutting them out for just under a month, it's amazing the difference. I look better, I feel better. I don't know if I'll ever drink a soft drink again.

Gonna need a link for that one............^_^

Edited by rightsaidfred
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's crazy what cutting fast food and soda out of your diet will do. Honest to God, after cutting them out for just under a month, it's amazing the difference. I look better, I feel better. I don't know if I'll ever drink a soft drink again.

Agreed. I was amazed at the difference, and actually how fast I lost the weight. Like I said before, I really don't do cardio that often. My mood has changed as well. I just feel better when I wake up in the morning.

The only sodas I drink are Ginger Ale or 7Up from the small cans you can get at the store. I'm a sucker for carbonated beverages but am dilegent with how much I consume. I have completely cut out all other sodas ie: Coke, Pepper, Mtn Dew...etc.

Not sure how healthy it is but it's what I do. I've never had weight issues but have certainly learned that the older you get the less sugar one should have.

:lol:

seriously thought that chipotle southwest is pure coke. if i could find a recipe id put it on everything.

also sunway Club>>>>>> at 7 its pretty pricey for subway footlong, but man is it good. it has turkey, roast beef, and blackforest ham.

Gotta love google

Subway's Chipotle Southwest Sauce

1 cup mayonnaise

1/2 ounce Dijon mustard

1/2 ounce freshly squeezed lime juice

1 ounce chipotle chile in adobo, pureed

1/4 ounce fresh garlic, minced

salt, to taste

Combine mayonnaise, mustard, lime juice, chipotle and garlic. Add salt to taste. Cover and chill before sandwich preparation, or before using as a salad dressing.

Now, go eat it on EVERYTHING. 9537fcc884f26c8b9e7f77fed8321fc2.gif

Wow. Exactly just how much fast food and soda did you guys consume on a weekly basis?

lol, I would eat fast food maybe 2-3 times a week. Sometimes less, sometimes more. It all depended on what I was doing. If I worked a 12 hour shift, I might hit up fast foot twice in a day. As far as soft drinks, I would have multiple drinks a day. I was at about 6', 205 lbs. I'm at 192 pounds now.

Gonna need a link for that one............^_^

ASL?

Gotta love google

Subway's Chipotle Southwest Sauce

1 cup mayonnaise

1/2 ounce Dijon mustard

1/2 ounce freshly squeezed lime juice

1 ounce chipotle chile in adobo, pureed

1/4 ounce fresh garlic, minced

salt, to taste

Combine mayonnaise, mustard, lime juice, chipotle and garlic. Add salt to taste. Cover and chill before sandwich preparation, or before using as a salad dressing.

Now, go eat it on EVERYTHING. 9537fcc884f26c8b9e7f77fed8321fc2.gif

wow thanks man. ill def remember this when i go shopping.

lol, I would eat fast food maybe 2-3 times a week. Sometimes less, sometimes more. It all depended on what I was doing. If I worked a 12 hour shift, I might hit up fast foot twice in a day. As far as soft drinks, I would have multiple drinks a day. I was at about 6', 205 lbs. I'm at 192 pounds now.

ASL?

im the opposite. i eat fast food 4+ sometimes, but rarely drink coke. Powerade is my poison of choice.

wow thanks man. ill def remember this when i go shopping.

im the opposite. i eat fast food 4+ sometimes, but rarely drink coke. Powerade is my poison of choice.

I drink Vitamin Water now like it's going out of style. I don't know how good it really is for you, but between it, water, and coffee. That's pretty much all I drink.

I drink Vitamin Water now like it's going out of style. I don't know how good it really is for you, but between it, water, and coffee. That's pretty much all I drink.

i might try it.

also i want to clarify. i meant fast casual spots like chipotle or five guys as the place i usually go 4+ times a week. i stopped eating Mcdonalds after watching supersize me and a few videos on how the food doesnt decompose like natural food. i do roll by wendys and dairyQueen once in a while for a frosty and a burger.

Like some of y'all I used to drink a LOT of soda, mostly diet coke. I can easily say it was about 2 -3 twelve oz cans a day. Felt terrible everyday, didn't attribute it to the cokes though. Decided to quit drinking them, and started drinking vitamin water a LOT (quit drinking it awhile back). So, seeing this post, I googled "is vitamin water good for you?" Just about EVERY link said that it aint. Mostly because it contains 32 - 33 grams of sugar.

That's a lot of sugar, glad I quit drinking it a long time ago. I drink water 99% of the time now. I can definitely tell the difference in mood, and my kidneys are much effin happier!^_^

Just wish I could convince the wife, man she freaking LOVES sodas and ish, hardly ever drinks water!

We used to have a Blimpie that some Pakistanis ran. It was by far the best and cleanest Blimpie I have ever been to. Overall, it seems like the majority of Blimpies are run by people who could give two sh*ts about anything and it shows in the food.

I used to like Quizno's but lately their has started to suffer as well. Not sure if they are trying to save money on ingredients or what.

I think it depends on the management with Quizno's. The one on Powers Ferry Road here in Marietta sucked for a good while because they barely gave you any meat on your sandwich and they would charge you extra for veggies other than lettuce. Recently they fired everyone in there and brought in a new owner and management. Now they give you alot of meat and dont charge extra for veggies anymore.

Jersey Mike's is another place, I am not really fond of either. They are way overpriced IMO.

Baldino's in Marietta is awesome

Jersey Mike's is several levels above Subway/Blimpie, but you're right- it's overpriced. Same with Jimmy John's.

My favorite is Larry's Giant Subs. There's a couple down in Saint Simons and Brunswick, and I think there's one in Jonesboro or somewhere on the south side of ATL. They make an italian sub called "hot stuff" with salami, pepperoni, spicy capicola, and proscuitto that is the best sandwich on the planet. And their bread is great too.

I've heard good things about Firehouse Subs, but I've never actually been to one.

Jersey Mike's is several levels above Subway/Blimpie, but you're right- it's overpriced. Same with Jimmy John's.

My favorite is Larry's Giant Subs. There's a couple down in Saint Simons and Brunswick, and I think there's one in Jonesboro or somewhere on the south side of ATL. They make an italian sub called "hot stuff" with salami, pepperoni, spicy capicola, and proscuitto that is the best sandwich on the planet. And their bread is great too.

I've heard good things about Firehouse Subs, but I've never actually been to one.

Yeah I keep hearing good stuff about Larry's. There is one in Kennesaw and Morrow/Jonesboro area that I am aware of.

So I've started eating healthier, which means cutting out a burger, fries, and a coke. When I'm at work, this puts Subway as my best option. I usually get a cold cut trio which is always amazing.

Today, I went to a different Subway that I normally go to.. and got the exact same sandwich I always get.. but it's definitely not as good.

How can this location screw this up so much? Same materials, same sandwich.

probably old stuff :(

Like some of y'all I used to drink a LOT of soda, mostly diet coke. I can easily say it was about 2 -3 twelve oz cans a day. Felt terrible everyday, didn't attribute it to the cokes though. Decided to quit drinking them, and started drinking vitamin water a LOT (quit drinking it awhile back). So, seeing this post, I googled "is vitamin water good for you?" Just about EVERY link said that it aint. Mostly because it contains 32 - 33 grams of sugar.

That's a lot of sugar, glad I quit drinking it a long time ago. I drink water 99% of the time now. I can definitely tell the difference in mood, and my kidneys are much effin happier!^_^

Just wish I could convince the wife, man she freaking LOVES sodas and ish, hardly ever drinks water!

I used to drink soda a lot when I was younger, but I stopped, and I mainly drink water now. On the very rare occasion I do drink soda, I find that I don't even like it anymore. As for your wife, my girlfriends the same way, she used to love soda, and hates water. When we moved in together I got her into drinking Crystal Light. She loves it, and never drinks soda anymore. Crystal Light is basically like drinking water, just with some flavor. You should have your wife give it a try.

Yeah, It would figure it was too good to be true lol. Still better than than multiple cokes a day, but I need to stick to water.

Agreeing with everyone else, it just depends on where your at. Here in Japan, almost every fast food resturant that you have in America, here, is WAAAAAAAY better. Subway here on base is all Japanese employess and they make amazing sandwiches and they're always really friendly. Off base they have Mcdonalds and the food looks exactly like it does in the pictures and the resturant itself is always clean and just nicer overall. These people take real pride in their jobs... I'm going to hate eating out in the states when I come back.

Watch out for Godzilla though, you could be eating a Subway sandwich and he shows up to ruin your afternoon. Don't understand why Godzilla hates Japanese people so much. Guess he's racist.

:D

i usually go with jersey mikes.... i dont get jimmy johns.. the food is not very good, and its pricy... but man its fast for a sub.

i try to bring my lunch to work, and the days I do I feel so much better. however fridays are tough... i am a fiveguysaholic. I dont understand how a burger can taste that good. i think they may put crack in the burgers.. taht would explain a lot.

and now i am hungry

i usually go with jersey mikes.... i dont get jimmy johns.. the food is not very good, and its pricy... but man its fast for a sub.

i try to bring my lunch to work, and the days I do I feel so much better. however fridays are tough... i am a fiveguysaholic. I dont understand how a burger can taste that good. i think they may put crack in the burgers.. taht would explain a lot.

and now i am hungry

yea. i am/trying to be was a fiveguysaholic. price was a little high, but i usually forgot about the soda, so i did save a little money. BUT MAN their burgers and fries are just to good. i usually go at night near closing time, since they usually hook me up with more fries.