The game shouldn't have been as close as it was...

Des-pool

Watching the NFL replay, we left 2 interceptions on the field during 2 of their scoring drives. We need to bring those in. Lofton dropped one and Grimes dropped one on the GB last drive.

DeCoud also had a chance at one on the last drive. You may be thinking of him, not Grimes... I didn't see Grimes almost have one on that drive (but I may have missed it). ;) We also were unfortunate Rodgers fell on his own fumble after Abe sacked him down near the goal line.

Speaking of Abraham, did you hear his little speech in the locker room after the game? It's great to see him showing some leadership as one of the veterans on this defense -- I remember hearing that he wasn't very vocal in his first couple of years here, but he appears to have embraced that leader role now at this point in his career. I think having guys like Abe, Gonzo and McClure really help out on a team like this that consists mostly of younger players.

Watching the NFL replay, we left 2 interceptions on the field during 2 of their scoring drives. We need to bring those in. Lofton dropped one and Grimes dropped one on the GB last drive.

I really think the one by Lofton was worth a red flag, but I am not worried about it. They won and they seem to correct every mistake that they make from one week to the next. As long as they do that, all I am going to do is cheer until I can't speak.

You know, the biggest play that stood out to me was our 3rd and 4 in the 4th quarter with about 7 minutes left. It was 17-10 and we were almost in field goal range (were around the Green Bay 40 I believe). If we had gotten the first down, we probably would have scored at least 3 and made it a 2 score game.

The play call was a quick little pass to Gartrell Johnson that gained 0 yards. I was really baffled by this play call... Ryan immediately went to Johnson and didn't even look for another receiver. I guess we thought they might not be covering Johnson, but he was hit immediately by a Packers defender.

Watching the play, I couldn't help but think Matt could easily have run for the first down. All of our receivers and tight ends ran up the field or to the right, and there was a wide open lane to the left side of the field. If we'd picked up that first, the Aaron Rodgers' last minute heroics wouldn't have even mattered! :P

I don't think our gameplan was as exotic as it's going to be if we see them again. I think we expect to meet them in the playoffs and we didn't want to show them too much of our offense.

You know, I was thinking the same thing. The passing game seemed very vanilla... we seemed content to pound them with Michael Turner and take the short throws they were willing to give us. We didn't take many shots at all down field nor did we particularly try hard to get the ball to Roddy.

I don't think our gameplan was as exotic as it's going to be if we see them again. I think we expect to meet them in the playoffs and we didn't want to show them too much of our offense.

I have to disagree. U take every game like u need to win it. If we lost who knows if we make the playoffs. Who knows if they don't make the playoffs now cuz they lost. I can see that if its a division opponent that your defenitly gonna play twice, but not in this situation.

You know, the biggest play that stood out to me was our 3rd and 4 in the 4th quarter with about 7 minutes left. It was 17-10 and we were almost in field goal range (were around the Green Bay 40 I believe). If we had gotten the first down, we probably would have scored at least 3 and made it a 2 score game.

The play call was a quick little pass to Gartrell Johnson that gained 0 yards. I was really baffled by this play call... Ryan immediately went to Johnson and didn't even look for another receiver. I guess we thought they might not be covering Johnson, but he was hit immediately by a Packers defender.

Watching the play, I couldn't help but think Matt could easily have run for the first down. All of our receivers and tight ends ran up the field or to the right, and there was a wide open lane to the left side of the field. If we'd picked up that first, the Aaron Rodgers' last minute heroics wouldn't have even mattered! :P

That wasn't the play call or first option... Gartrell Johnson was just the checkdown. At the top of the screen, you'll see Roddy White running a five-yard out into the flat and Harry Douglas running a route on top of him, but the pressure got to Matt before he had time to go through the progressions.

The pocket collapsed up the middle and Matthews was coming hard off the edge to force a quick throw. His only other option would have been to risk holding the ball another second for Roddy to complete his route, but he recognized the pressure very quickly and got the ball out. Running was definitely not an option.

The last time that play was used with Johnson it picked up between 15-20 yards. It wasn't a horrible play to call since they haven't used it in a while, I just wish Matt would have tried running for it.

You are correct - we miss alot of opportunities in our game.

Another thing that I feel like we're lacking is that killer mentality - like - we have our foot on our throats, we need to twist...not just hold it there.