Jon Gruden

youngbloodz

That's what my sources are telling me. And I have heard it from a few leaks from other people also. He will sign a 4 year contract worth somewhere around $15 million a year. His brother Jay Gruden will be the OC and Jim Leavitt will be the DC. Miami had to get around $30 million for the coaching staff. Dan Mullen is said to the second choice.

Edit: I mean $15 million over 4 years guys.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's what my sources are telling me. And I have heard it from a few leaks from other people also. He will sign a 4 year contract worth somewhere around $15 million a year. His brother Jay Gruden will be the OC and Jim Leavitt will be the DC. Miami had to get around $30 million for the coaching staff. Dan Mullen is said to the second choice.

your source is wrong man if you have been told 15 million a year.

I've heard they were talking $3.4M annual he might mean 4 years 15M total

that was what i thought, that 15 million a year was just a mistake. gruden is an nfl guy and has said in the past he wouldn't coach in college. he will be an nfl head coach this year if he wanted to. coaching in the nfl and college is very different. if he is their new head coach (canesports is saying it as well) it will be interesting to see how he does. i was told by miami guys that in 4 years they would be in the national title game with randy shannon and that didn't happen. i can see them saying the same thing with gruden.

Butch assembled the most talented CFB roster ever about a decade ago. Seriously go back and look at how many first round draft picks they had. I'd argue that they had the best CFB o-line of the modern era as well, even if some of those guys talents weren't NFL compatible. Ashame that Coker was so lazy recruiting and let the "State of Miami" crumble.

UM athletic director Kirby Hocutt went to Tampa to meet with Gruden, a meeting expected to take place on Wednesday.

Hocutt went there to gauge Gruden's interest, according to a high-level UM source.

Another UM official said Gruden has shown some interest in the job, but UM isn't sure about whether he would take the job if offered. Hocutt wants to determine that on Wednesday.

Two other UM Board of Trustee members said Gruden is UM's top choice and are hopeful Gruden is receptive. Both they expressed concerned he might decide to wait for an NFL job.

UM's athletic department was hopeful, to the point where employees were told to quickly piece together a plan so that 2011 tickets could be put on sale shortly if Gruden is hired. UM also has done an evaluation of how much it believes Gruden would boost attendance.

Canesport.com reported that final details are being hammered out with Gruden and that he will be named coach barring a last-minute glitch. But several trustees said the process has not reached that point.

UM also has put together a list of other candidates should the Gruden negotiations fall apart -- a list including Mississippi State's Dan Mullen, Arizona's Mike Stoops and Utah's Kyle Whittingham, among others, UM sources said.

I think Dan Mullen would be a better fit. I don't see Gruden as a college coach, his personality is better in the NFL.

Eventhough Gruden has most, if not all of his coaching experience in the pro's I actually think Gruden has THE PERFECT personality to be a great college coach, even a better fit than the pro's. Think about how enthusiastic he is and how that would play with recruits and players during practices.

He could easily transition to the college game in my opinion.