Pro Bowl Locks?

asocc12

Just curious which Falcons you think get into the Pro Bowl this year and which get snubbed yet again?

Here are mine:

Locks:

Roddy White

Tony G

Bryant(If its two kickers(cant remember) then Bryant is a must go. Fans choice will be Akers, but hands down Bryant has been the most clutch kicker since Vinatieri, no doubt.

Maybes:

Turner(Peterson is a lock and Frank Gore will still be voted in after the injury. I think Turner is 3rd in votes so still gets in)

Ryan(Only because Vick, Brees, and Rodgers are much more well known. Ryan will be fourth in Fan Votes.

Snubbed:

Abraham( I think Osi and Tuck will be 1 and 2, and wouldnt be suprised if the Viking Fans got Jared in somehow.

Babs( Dude is a beast but this spot will go to Suh

Lofton(Still not a household name but def the Qb of our defense.

I wouldn't be shocked if we only have one person going, but if I had it my way, we wouldn't have anyone go (super bowl teams dont play).

And btw, its

OFFENSE

Wide Receivers (4)

Tight Ends (2)

Tackles (3)

Guards (3)

Centers (2)

Quarterbacks (3)

Running Backs (3)

Fullback (1)

DEFENSE

Ends (3)

Interior Linemen (3)

Outside Linebackers (3)

Inside/Middle Linebackers (2)

Cornerbacks (3)

Safeties (3)

SPECIAL TEAMS

Punter (1)

Placekicker (1)

Kick Returner (1)

Special Teamer (1)

Need Player (1-Coach's Choice)

Roddy definitely and Turner has the 2nd most yards in the NFC if he keeps it going. Gonzo is having a down production year compared to some other TE's. Ryan may not make it since it is pretty crowded already. I also hope Ovie and Coy Wire make it in.

The best thing would for the Falcons players to get the nod but then snub the Pro Bowl itself because they are involved in a real game.

I don't want any of the Falcons to play in the Pro Bowl, but if they do...

Roddy is in for sure. I think Turner is probably in too.

If the Falcons secure the number 1 seed, Ryan will be voted in too.

Gonzo is probably a no.

If Abe keeps producing he is probably a yes, but he has to keep doing it for the last 5 weeks.

Babs may finally make it this year.

Clabo has an outside shot, a lot of people starting to talk about how good he is playing.

Lofton is 50/50 I think.

We're just talking about them getting invited...b/c I'm hoping like many that they'll be getting ready for a big game in Dallas and won't be playing.

Keep in mind the fan vote is only 1/3 so don't be so sure that guys aren't going b/c of where they're finishing right now in the fan vote.

-Roddy is a lock. I don't see how Turner isn't a lock as well in the NFC. Gonzalez is too as far as TEs are concerned.

-I think Abe gets in this year. He should and I don't think he gets overlooked this time around.

-Babs and Lofton should...but will probably get overlooked due to guys at those positions with name recognition.

-Ovie should...but once again I'm not sure he'll get the recognition.

-Nobody knows our O-linemen but 2 or 3 of them have a legit argument to be there.

Roody for sure, Babs has a chance along with Ryan, and Turner, and these players could make it as well, just depending on the rest of the season:

Gonzo

DeCoud

Mughelli

Clabo

McClure

Just keep in mind, neither will play in the Pro Bowl b/c we will be preparing for the SB.

Roddy definitely and Turner has the 2nd most yards in the NFC if he keeps it going. Gonzo is having a down production year compared to some other TE's. Ryan may not make it since it is pretty crowded already. I also hope Ovie and Coy Wire make it in.

The best thing would for the Falcons players to get the nod but then snub the Pro Bowl itself because they are involved in a real game.

Coy Wire? Really?

I think Coy is a valuable member of our special teams, as well as overall team, but if Snelling couldnt get in with 16 spec teams tackles in 2008, I doubt Wire gets in.

And I think Kroy or Shann lead our team in spec tackles at any rate.

Locks:

Roddy

Gonzalez (a little has to do with who he is)

Bryant

Most likely in:

Turner

Abraham

Outside looking in:

Ryan (needs Vick or Rodgers to fall off)

Babs (Dline just too deep)

Snubs:

Lofton (Name recognition)

Ovie: (Name recognition)

Edited by Atl/0

Allowing fans to participate in the pro-bowl voting is a joke, as many people eiher vote for the players from their favourite team or big name players who were great 3 or 4 years ago.

Given that we don't have a team of attention seeking primadonnas, the lack of airtime that our team gets and the negativity of much of the media when they do talk about us, I regret to say that I can see a bunch of our players being snubbed.

Roddy is the only player I'd call a lock. Matt Ryan is playing at a pro bowl level, but is at serious risk of losing out just because the level of competition at the QB position is very high with 3 or 4 others playing at a similar level. Rodgers and Brees are locks. Vick has also been playing at an unbelieveable level and will get a ton of votes because of the redemption story.

Just curious which Falcons you think get into the Pro Bowl this year and which get snubbed yet again?

Here are mine:

Locks:

Roddy White

Tony G

Bryant(If its two kickers(cant remember) then Bryant is a must go. Fans choice will be Akers, but hands down Bryant has been the most clutch kicker since Vinatieri, no doubt.

Maybes:

Turner(Peterson is a lock and Frank Gore will still be voted in after the injury. I think Turner is 3rd in votes so still gets in)

Ryan(Only because Vick, Brees, and Rodgers are much more well known. Ryan will be fourth in Fan Votes.

Snubbed:

Abraham( I think Osi and Tuck will be 1 and 2, and wouldnt be suprised if the Viking Fans got Jared in somehow.

Babs( Dude is a beast but this spot will go to Suh

Lofton(Still not a household name but def the Qb of our defense.

Turner is definitely a lock, Abraham is a maybe, and Lofton will probably not make it, and I actually am not sure he even deserves it to be honest. I love the guy and he is a very, very good player for us... but from a talent standpoint I don't think he is a pro bowler just yet, his pass coverage is still very suspect IMO. Babs definitely deserves it more than Lofton since I don't really think there is a DT in the NFC right now that is playing hands down better than him, though I'm fairly certain he has 0 chance of making the pro bowl since pretty much no one outside of Atlanta knows the guy even exists sadly. Matt Ryan's pro bowl chances are linked at the hip with the success of the team in the coming weeks. If we finish first in the NFC then I'm pretty certain Ryan is a complete lock, and probably will finish in the top 3 - 5 in MVP voting. Abraham is definitely a maybe though if he stays healthy for the rest of the year I'd definitely feel like he would be a lock. Jared Allen is definitely not sniffing the pro bowl this year (he has been a massive disappointment this year) , which helps his chances.