Why is it ok to call the Falcons lucky this year

Tom Servo

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that was last year,and they have forgotten that they had their share of breaks too,but what team that wins a sb doesnt get them thoughout the course of a season...plus some of them are bias ;) ...i wouldnt waste any time worring about it though...it is what it is,and we had some fans saying the same thing last year

that was last year,and they have forgotten that they had their share of breaks too,but what team that wins a sb doesnt get them thoughout the course of a season...plus some of them are bias ;) ...i wouldnt waste any time worring about it though...it is what it is,and we had some fans saying the same thing last year

i was one of them. and we have been lucky to an extent this year. i'm just wondering why half of the ones who got SO. INCREDIBLY. ANGRY. about us saying it last year are so talented with the word this year.

i was one of them. and we have been lucky to an extent this year. i'm just wondering why half of the ones who got SO. INCREDIBLY. ANGRY. about us saying it last year are so talented with the word this year.

homerism and bias...cant look at things logically(just some of them)ive seen alot give credit where credit is due,and some make excuses for our wins,because they cant stand that they are in 2nd,and we are the ones in 1st...nothing is settled yet,with 5 left,but to some,it doesnt matter

It's simple...

Calling the 2009 Saints lucky diminishes their SB victory.

Calling the 2010 Falcons lucky, legitimizes their claim as best team in the division.

I think it's plainly obvious, most Saint fans thought at the beginning of the season Atlanta was at best a WC team. More than likely, they probably thought we were nothing more than a .500 team. As the season has progressed and we took the lead in the South, they have basically predicted we would lose every single game since the Philly loss. Now that it's looking more and more that we will win the division, all they have left is to dissect each win.

Example:

Roddy strips the 49er LBs interception late in the 4th quarter to give us a chance to win=LUCK

Jenkins strips Bryant late in the 4th quarter to give them a chance to win=A Great Play

All but the blind-mega-homer Saint fans see the double standard. If we beat them in December, expect them to pull their Lombardi cards like theres no tomorrow.

Why was it ok to call us lucky (or the entire league rigged) last year but it's not ok to say that about the Falcons this year?

I know that sounds like a so-easy-it's-brilliant rhetorical riposte of Tom's OP question, but there really IS an answer:

Because last year at this point we were like WAY better than the Falcons are this year B)

LIKE I SAID, JUST CALL US WHAT YOU WANT.

ANYTHING THAT MAKES YOU HAPPY. THE ONLY

THING I ASK ... IS ... WHAT EVER YOU CALL

US, JUST MAKE SURE THERES A 9-2 IN THE

FRONT OF IT ... OR IN THE BACK OF IT. IF

IT PAINS YOU TOO MUCH TO DO THIS ....

I WILL UNDERSTAND. NEVER LET IT BE SAID

THAT REV. AIN'T GOT A HEART. :ph34r:

LIKE I SAID, JUST CALL US WHAT YOU WANT.

ANYTHING THAT MAKES YOU HAPPY. THE ONLY

THING I ASK ... IS ... WHAT EVER YOU CALL

US, JUST MAKE SURE THERES A 9-2 IN THE

FRONT OF IT ... OR IN THE BACK OF IT. IF

IT PAINS YOU TOO MUCH TO DO THIS ....

I WILL UNDERSTAND. NEVER LET IT BE SAID

THAT REV. AIN'T GOT A HEART. :ph34r:

Or you falcon fans think it pains us. We could care less. Yes we want to win the conference and have home field. But all we have to do is take care of our business and we are in. Not concerned about playing on the road considering we play our best football on the big stage.

Edited by Aquietguy