Random thoughts and observations

* We need another DE opposite Abe. Biermann is a good rotational player but not a starter. Just look at the stats last year: 49 tackles 5.0 sacks 1 FF. So far this year: 28 tackles 1.0 sack 1 Int. His production has not been good. He has started every game this year and still doesnt have as many sacks or tackles as last year. Good rotational player and quality ST and backup.

* Although Grimes and Dunta have been solid this year I would love to add another CB in the top 2 rounds of the draft. You can never have enough good CBs just look at the Jets traded for Cromartie and then still drafted Kyle Wilson. Would also create some competition.

* We need to add a explosive playmaker at the RB position. Turner and Snelling are very good but not the most explosive players. We need a good change of pace back. Norwood is good when he is healthy but thats not very often.

* I believe we could add another WR in the draft or free agency too. Roddy and Jenkins are fine and a good 1 2 combination. Harry has been up and down this season. If he consistently catches the ball he will be a good slot for us. Finn is still Mr. Reliable but is getting up there in age.

* I believe our OLine is fine but we could use an upgrade at some of the positions.

* We are set at QB for years to come.

* I wouldn't mind to see us add a top return man. Weems does an average job and hasn't fumbled much and is solid. But how great would it be to add a player with the same qualities as Devin Hester, Ted Ginn, Cribbs.

* Peria Jerry is getting better as well *** JA98 but I still would like to see more production out of them.

* Vance Walker has been a great 7th round draft pick.

* Spoon when on the field makes our D much better especially against the pass because of his ability to play man to man vs good TE's.

* Mike Pete has lost a step big time. I believe next year if we dont draft another LB our starting 3 will be Nicholas, Lofton, Spoon.

Hopefully it's his knee injury, but Weatherspoon couldn't cover anything against the Packers. He had guys getting behind him all day long. Peterson has been a bigger impact this season with ease. Although I don't expect it to stay that way for years to come.

Before we add another receiver, we need another TE to replace Tony when he leaves. Hopefully Gonzo would be around long enough to teach the new guy.

I can live with Weems. He consistently gets us to the 30.

We need to draft a good backup QB this coming year unless JPW seems like he can backup Ryan fulltime.

Are yall really serious? haha.. Ive been a fan for the last 10 years. I had another account with other 5,000 post for forgot the password and started this one not to long ago.

as long as you post logical and civil posts...dont worry about the newb comments...youll get respect no matter how many posts you have

You have some good points, but lost me at Norwood.

Yeah, I would like to see a big bruiser power halfback to spell The Burner and Snelling. An up and coming CB would be cool, too.

Dan Reeves said this afternoon on 680 The Fan that the Falcons are in a very enviable position that they don't have a real pressing need at any position on either side of the ball, but instead, can take the BPA next year comfortably.

He's right.

Weems is fine in my opinion. He won the Green Bay game for us. If it wasn't for his big return we wouldn't have had a shot.

Your right he is fine and we can live with him but I would just like to see us get an electric type player back there that teams are scared to kick too. A player that can take it to the house anytime he touches it. But your right though weems is fine and can consistently get us the ball at the 25.

John_winger- Im saying it would be great to add another RB with some legit speed. A playermaker with the same qualities as McCluster, Jahvid Best, Sporles, just a quick little SOB that can threaten defensives. I was also thinking about that the other day in terms of not having a pressing need. I do think DE is our biggest need but I feel like if someone drops in the draft to us and he is the best player available we can pull the trigger.

We DO Not need any more corners unless a guy is an upgrade over our starters. But really what we need to do is recognize our CBs are very young, they need opportunities and experience more than they need competition.

Our front office needs to address our pending free agents and age in a few key players. Abraham and Gonzalez -might- have replacements waiting, however it would not hurt to get a very talented young player behind each of them. Our O line is good and experienced, but as detailed in this report from Pro Football Weekly's website our O line just might undergo some turnover. If so we need help there. And Turner is close to 30, Snelling has been in the league awhile, and Norwood is in the last year of his contract...I do not think he will be brought back, too injury prone.

Article in PFW concerning Falcons FA's:

ATLANTA FALCONS

Potential FAs: OG Justin Blalock (4), PK Matt Bryant (9), OT Tyson Clabo (6), OG Harvey Dahl (4), WR Brian Finneran (10), CB Brent Grimes (3), DT Thomas Johnson (3), P Michael Koenen (6), DT Trey Lewis (3), OLB Stephen Nicholas (4), RB Jerious ­Norwood (5), OLB Mike Peterson (12), RB Jason Snelling (4), OT Will Svitek (5), WR Eric Weems (3), CB Brian Williams (9), OLB Coy Wire (9).

Analysis: Owner Arthur Blank has proven he will pay for star free agents if GM Thomas Dimitroff makes the case that they're worthy of the price. They've poured big money into deals for RB Michael Turner and CB Dunta Robinson in two of the three offseasons Dimitroff has been at the helm. Atlanta isn't looking for vast roster turnover, though. The starters on the right side of the line — Dahl and Clabo — were both tendered at the first-round level in the offseason, and there's a good chance both will be back next season. They would be fairly cheap and they do their jobs well, despite not having great talent. Blalock is expected to be tendered, as is Svitek. Finneran is a valued veteran who could come back on another one-year deal if the team is convinced he still can contribute. Snelling was tendered at the second-round level in the offseason after he did a nice job filling in for Turner when Turner was injured, and the Falcons like his versatility. He should return. The injury-plagued Norwood may have to explore other options, however. He has great speed but is on injured reserve with a torn right ACL, and Atlanta may be ready to move on. Williams and Peterson are also likely in their final season with the club. The kicking tandem of Bryant and Koenen would be welcomed back for another season.

In other words we will have needs if we do not resign all our FA's and older players. I do not see that happening, so some new players will be brought in for sure. I just think it will be at DE, TE, O line and RB, not necessarily in that order.

yea, o-line has room for upgrade...i think we could use another outside backer, keep mike peterson as an outside backer and backup inside backer...go ahead and get a good tight end that gonzo can help groom as well as line up in a two TE formation...could be deadly with matt ryan and the plays he likes to run, especially on the 3rd and shorts...our whole d-line could use some more playmakers although the ones we have get the job done and are still quite young...so, you never know....thats why i'll leave it up to TD

Weems is fine in my opinion. He won the Green Bay game for us. If it wasn't for his big return we wouldn't have had a shot.

Yeah, I was sure after this week that the Weems hate would go away, but it seems like he still can't win everyone over... the kid is money on returns and I'm glad we have him.

After watching the game on NFL Replay, I saw that Biermann had a lot of pressure on Rodgers -- he just couldn't get any hits or sacks. I agree that he may be better served by having less playing time; I think he's just worn down by so many snaps. If we don't draft Abraham's heir apparent this offseason, then I hope we at least spell Kroy with Sidbury a little more next year (assuming Sids shows anything in training camp to warrant more playing time).

I also agree that you can never have too many good cornerbacks. Brian Williams may not be returning, and I think we could use another solid corner as our nickel or dime. The elite teams in the NFC besides us (Saints, Eagles, Packers, Giants) all have at least three solid wide receivers, and we need to be able to cover all of them. The Packers and Bengals have been able to hurt us in recent weeks with their slot receivers (Shipley, Nelson). Franks may eventually be that guy, but he hasn't been able to get much time on the field so far.

I was down on Sam Baker at the beginning of the year, but he's impressed me more and more as the season has gone on. I really hope we re-sign Dahl and Clabo, so we can return the entire offensive line intact for another season. And if McClure decides to finally hang it up, we may have already drafted his replacement this past year in Joe Hawley. :)

...I wouldn't mind to see us add a top return man. Weems does an average job and hasn't fumbled much and is solid. But how great would it be to add a player with the same qualities as Devin Hester, Ted Ginn, Cribbs...
I'm so sick of hearing this. Weems is ranked 8th in kick returns among players with 10 or more returns and 9th in punt returns. His average is higher than both Ginn Jr. and Cribbs and you would rather have one of them? Geez.

I'm so sick of hearing this. Weems is ranked 8th in kick returns among players with 10 or more returns and 9th in punt returns. His average is higher than both Ginn Jr. and Cribbs and you would rather have one of them? Geez.

If there is any knock at all against Weems, it's that he fair catches a lot of punts -- but when he DOES choose to return a punt he averages over 13 yards. I'll take a few more fair catches than normal if he's going to break a nice return every now and then. :)