b3nz. Mock Draft

benny

1. Greg Jones OLB, Michigan State: i know DE is our biggest need, but i dont think a guy worth a 1st will be at our pick who also fits our system, im assuming we pick between 25-32, and it would be stupid to reach just because we need a DE. I really like Greg Jones, he would be an excellent replacement for Mike Peterson and hes just the kind of guy TD like, a senior, team leader/co-captain, and has a great work ethic and motor. A high character guy who fits at WLB like a glove.

2. Benjamin Ijalana OG, Villanova: A guy we seem to be high on, and to get him we'd have to take him in the 2nd, he wont fall to our 3rd. Tough durable kid who plays through the whistle, and is versatile enough to play guard or tackle and based on last years draft, thats very important to our FO.

3. Steven Friday DE, Virginia Tech: i know most here dont like the concept of drafting a hokie, but i think Friday is a huge sleeper. while most here think we need a LDE, i think a speed guy is who we need to eventually replace Abe, and i havnt seen enough out of Sidbury to give him the job just yet. Competition at the spot will bring the best out of both of them.

4. Cecil Shorts III WR, Mount Union: I also dont think we need a day one starter to replace Jenkins. the offense has really started to look solid with him back and it seems these guys really gel on the field. Cecil is a small school prospect who i also think is a sleeper, just needs a little polishing.

5. Alex Wujciak ILB, Maryland: The only thing this guy is lacking to be a starter is speed. But i think he could be a special teams standout.

6. Shiloh Keo S, Idaho: Doesnt really have a shot at beating any of our current safties out of their starting jobs, but could be a good special teams player including return ability.

7. Jay Finley RB, Baylor: This guy is a change of pace guy who is putting up solid numbers against good competition. And if Norwood keeps getting injured, we need a guy who can come in and blow up some plays. Not saying Finley will be better than Norwood, but i wouldnt mind trying to strike oil with a 7th.

i know it doesnt involve a lot of big name guys, but tell what you think anyways.

Good picks man. I like Benjamin, he is a nimble guy with nice size, heck of a run blocker too. I agree with you on Friday, he was in my earlier mocks this year, dude is a straight up pass rusher. Shorts seems solid, need to see him block more. Keo is a good FS, and would be in my mock except he has had battery charges I think. Finley is good as well. Still two more 7th round picks though

You could have gotten Friday 3 rounds later. If you want a DE in the 3rd I like Acho from Texas. He is great against the run as well.

great mock other than that.

i see a lot of VATech games, and from what ive seen of this kid, im thinking he starts climbing his way up draft boards after this season. the pick might not look so good now but i feel once we get closer to the draft, more and more people will be high on this kid.

i see a lot of VATech games, and from what ive seen of this kid, im thinking he starts climbing his way up draft boards after this season. the pick might not look so good now but i feel once we get closer to the draft, more and more people will be high on this kid.

I have no doubt he will get drafted sooner than is currently projected but I don't feel it will be 3 rounds earlier than projected.

You could have gotten Friday 3 rounds later. If you want a DE in the 3rd I like Acho from Texas. He is great against the run as well.

great mock other than that.

Steven Friday is going to absolutely fly up draft boards... I see him as a 3rd or 4th round pick... I dont think he would make it to our 4th round pick...

Friday has beat some of the best OT's in college this year.

1. Although, I don't think we have that many glaring needs I just don't think a LB would be considered with our first pick. If we don't go with a DE or CB, I believe the pick almost has to be offensively. You also have to consider how deep this class of OLBs really is. We could find a solid player a bit later instead of spending our first on the same position twice in a row.

2. I watched a little tape on him and I wasn't very impressed. He didn't get beat, but he is EXTREMELY raw. I just don't know if TD would be willing to spend anything, but a 3rd on him. He some ability tho.

3. Friday is a very intriguing pick. His size may be a issue. I just believe some 3-4 team will pick him in the 2nd round......solid pick if it happened though.

4. I like Shorts in the 4th if he runs in the 4.3s. He could be the next Johnny Knox.

5. Wujiciak doesn't really fit our scheme at all. He may be good on STs like you said, but I don't think TD picks guys who just have no place in our scheme if they are called on because of injury.

I don't know much about your last two picks.

Overall, I don;t really like the first pick at all so I'll give you a B-. The rest of your draft is