Top 5 NFC

Saintdogg

I posted this yesterday, but alas, Falcons board servers and Gamedays don't mix. :huh:

1. Atlanta - Not dominant, just doing what's necessary to win (sprinkled with opportune luck). What does that mean? If the Falcons are the #1 seed, then the NFC is WIDE open, a la 2008. A win vs. the Bucs might wrap up division, or a loss WILL bust it wide open. Tie breaker over Saints dies.

2. New Orleans - Hitting their stride at the right time, but still needs to bury the turnover bug. Saints on the + side of turnover battle = blowout lately. Just like 2009. Defense needs to tighten up playing with a lead.

3. Chicago - Good win at home. Carbon copy of the Falcons when they've won this year.

T-4. Green Bay - Need to find another RB. Need to know when to throw the red flag. Need to know when to go for 7. McCarthey can't cost his team tight games.

T-4. Philadelphia - Defense has always bent, but broke against the Bears, especially on the ground.

5. Tampa Bay - Needs to open up the offense more. Went no huddle too late against an overrated team. Got a chance at regaining their mojo at home this week.

There you go Falcon fans. No reason to come and whine up the thread by clicking on it, then claiming how much you don't care. :blink: :lol::lol:

Edited by Saintdogg

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Atlanta-They are winning it doesn't matter if it's pretty, in the past month they have defeated TB, Balt and GB all teams with 7 wins. Concerns-The secondary are giving up too many big pass plays.

2. Chicago-After the win against Philly and GB losing, they have a shot at winning the NFCN and a first round bye week. Concerns- Jay Cutler is an up and down QB, that is dangerous in the post-season.

3. New Orleans-They are peaking and getting healthy at the right time, when Brees is "on" they're almost unbeatable. The defense plays very aggressive, especially when the have a lead.

Concerns- Lack of a running game may hurt in the playoffs.

4. Green Bay-An well coached, fundamentally sound football team with an Pro bowl QB and top 5 defense. Concerns-Too many injuries to sustain a playoff run, lack a true power running game.

5. Philadelphia-Andy Ried is one of the longest tenured coaches in the NFL, he knows how to draw up a game plan and follow it to the 'T'. The Eagles have copious amounts of speed on the offense and can lay the wood on defense. Concerns-Michael Vick doesn't play well in the cold, the defense seems to disappear at times.

I NEVER PUT TOO MUCH BELIEF IN A "RATING."

WHEN ONE RATES TEAMS, THEY'RE GIVING YOU WHAT

THEY THINK. AND OFTEN IT IS SPRINKLED WITH

PERSONAL ISSUES. I DO PUT STOCK IN "STANDINGS."

STANDINGS ARE ACTUALITY, YOU SEE THE REAL DEAL.

NOW LOOK AT THE ACTUAL STANDINGS .....

SEE THE DIFFERENCE B)

I NEVER PUT TOO MUCH BELIEF IN A "RATING."

WHEN ONE RATES TEAMS, THEY'RE GIVING YOU WHAT

THEY THINK. AND OFTEN IT IS SPRINKLED WITH

PERSONAL ISSUES. I DO PUT STOCK IN "STANDINGS."

STANDINGS ARE ACTUALITY, YOU SEE THE REAL DEAL.

NOW LOOK AT THE ACTUAL STANDINGS .....

SEE THE DIFFERENCE B)

The problem with that Rev., is it's simplistic and short-sighted. Back in week 8, you look at the standings, and the Giants were everybody's #1, unstoppable team.

With your thinking, I'm thinking you don't invest much eh? ^_^

We've always had a bend but not break defense. Teams throw on us because they cannot run consistently on us. Great run stopping team on short shortage, especially in the redzone and goalline defense. With all the hoopla about the teams passing on us Rodgers still only had 1 TD pass and GB only scored 17 points!

That has less to do with your porous defense, and more to do with your clock eating offense WFW. Don't forget the Packers probably left 11 points at the 1 yard line. Stats just ain't for everybody.

The problem with that Rev., is it's simplistic and short-sighted. Back in week 8, you look at the standings, and the Giants were everybody's #1, unstoppable team.

With your thinking, I'm thinking you don't invest much eh? ^_^

THE PROBLEM IS SHORT SIGHTEDNESS. IF YOU THINK THAT ANY WEEK OTHER THAN WEEK 17 IS FINAL, YOU'RE SHORT SIGHTED. THE STANDINGS CHANGE WEEK TO WEEK. EACH WEEK-END THERE ARE A ROUND OF GAMES, STANDINGS CHANGE FROM WEEK TO WEEK ... SO DOES RATINGS. BUT PERSONAL RATINGS WILL PRETTY MUCH SAY THE SAME THINGS, WITH THE SAME PERSONAL ISSUES. STANDINGS LAST ONE WHOLE WEEK. RATINGS DO NOT. STANDINGS TELL YOU WERE A TEAM REALLY STANDS, RATINGS DO NOT.

I COULD SIT DOWN AND MAKE A LIST OF

RATINGS .. TOP 10. THAT WOULD BE THE

LIST I WROTE. BUT IF I LOOKED AT THE ACTUAL STANDINGS, DIVISION LEADERS

FIRST, THEN SO ON .... THAT WOULD

BE A LIST THAT THE TEAMS THEMSELVES

HAVE WRITTEN ... CAUSE THATS WHAT

THEY HAVE DONE SO FAR.

THE PROBLEM IS SHORT SIGHTEDNESS. IF YOU THINK THAT ANY WEEK OTHER THAN WEEK 17 IS FINAL, YOU'RE SHORT SIGHTED. THE STANDINGS CHANGE WEEK TO WEEK. EACH WEEK-END THERE ARE A ROUND OF GAMES, STANDINGS CHANGE FROM WEEK TO WEEK ... SO DOES RATINGS. BUT PERSONAL RATINGS WILL PRETTY MUCH SAY THE SAME THINGS, WITH THE SAME PERSONAL ISSUES. STANDINGS LAST ONE WHOLE WEEK. RATINGS DO NOT. STANDINGS TELL YOU WERE A TEAM REALLY STANDS, RATINGS DO NOT.

Standings do not. Not anymore than someone's ratings. Standings don't tell you crap until week 17. At one point the Bucs led the NFC South. At one point the Giants led the NFC East. At one point the Texans led the AFC South.

On the flip side, people are allowed to look deeper and project what is truely going on behind the raw numbers. Thats intuitive, where as just blindly looking at present standings is highly short-sighted. You've got a brain Rev., you have to use it.

Don't cherry pick items currently in your favor Rev. That sounds...well...personal doesn't it?

Edited by Saintdogg

That has less to do with your porous defense, and more to do with your clock eating offense WFW. Don't forget the Packers probably left 11 points at the 1 yard line. Stats just ain't for everybody.

SPIN IT ANY WAY YOU LIKE. THE TRUTH DON'T CHANGE.

IF YOU LEAVE IT ON THE 1 YARD LINE, AND NOT THE

SCORE BOARD .... ITS LIKE A MISSED FIELD GOAL ..

IT DON'T COUNT FOR NOTHING. YOU KNOW .. LIKE

27-24 ... IT JUST DON'T COUNT FOR NOTHING.

CRY BABY CRY!! :D

Let me see, :lol: :lol: :lol:

"K" .. YOU'RE AN OK GUY. I KNOW YOU LOVE YOUR

TEAM. IF YOU DO ... TALK ABOUT THEM SOME TIME.

ITS BEEN A LONG TIME SINCE I'VE HEARD YOU SAY

ANYTHING ABOUT ... THE SAINT TEAM. YOUR TEAM

IS HAVING A GREAT YEAR. AND YOU'RE MISSING IT

ALL. IF YOU CONCENTRATE ON THE GOOD THINGS

THE SAINT TEAM IS DOING ... YOU'LL FORGET

ALL ABOUT US. B)

"K" .. YOU'RE AN OK GUY. I KNOW YOU LOVE YOUR

TEAM. IF YOU DO ... TALK ABOUT THEM SOME TIME.

ITS BEEN A LONG TIME SINCE I'VE HEARD YOU SAY

ANYTHING ABOUT ... THE SAINT TEAM. YOUR TEAM

IS HAVING A GREAT YEAR. AND YOU'RE MISSING IT

ALL. IF YOU CONCENTRATE ON THE GOOD THINGS

THE SAINT TEAM IS DOING ... YOU'LL FORGET

ALL ABOUT US. B)

Then u haven't been reading.

LET ME SEE. IS THIS THE SCENARIO? ATLANTA IS

9-2? LEADS THEIR DIVISION? JUST BEAT THE

MIGHTY PACKERS? AND THE GENTLEMEN FROM OUR

WEST ARE TELLING US HOW BAD WE ARE? ARE

THESE THE SAME GENTLEMEN WE DISPATCHED IN

WEEK 3? IF SO :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Who said something "bad" about the Failcons lil guy? I said the Falcons are not dominant. Do you not agree with that? Secondly, this thread is about the NFC as a whole.

Why are you crying Rev.? :lol:

Edited by Saintdogg

LET ME SEE. IS THIS THE SCENARIO? ATLANTA IS

9-2? LEADS THEIR DIVISION? JUST BEAT THE

MIGHTY PACKERS? AND THE GENTLEMEN FROM OUR

WEST ARE TELLING US HOW BAD WE ARE? ARE

THESE THE SAME GENTLEMEN WE DISPATCHED IN

WEEK 3? IF SO :lol::lol::lol::lol:

He did rank you #1. Sheesh, you guys and your inferiority complex :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

I posted this yesterday, but alas, Falcons board servers and Gamedays don't mix. :huh:

1. Atlanta - Not dominant, just doing what's necessary to win (sprinkled with opportune luck). What does that mean? If the Falcons are the #1 seed, then the NFC is WIDE open, a la 2008. A win vs. the Bucs might wrap up division, or a loss WILL bust it wide open. Tie breaker over Saints dies.

2. New Orleans - Hitting their stride at the right time, but still needs to bury the turnover bug. Saints on the + side of turnover battle = blowout lately. Just like 2009. Defense needs to tighten up playing with a lead.

3. Chicago - Good win at home. Carbon copy of the Falcons when they've won this year.

T-4. Green Bay - Need to find another RB. Need to know when to throw the red flag. Need to know when to go for 7. McCarthey can't cost his team tight games.

T-4. Philadelphia - Defense has always bent, but broke against the Bears, especially on the ground.

5. Tampa Bay - Needs to open up the offense more. Went no huddle too late against an overrated team. Got a chance at regaining their mojo at home this week.

There you go Falcon fans. No reason to come and whine up the thread by clicking on it, then claiming how much you don't care. :blink: :lol::lol:

Tampa has beaten no one worth making this list.I would still put the Giants ahead of them. At least the Giants have beaten Chicago. But nice list.