1st Round Pick

Smiler11

Ryan Kerrigan is far more polished pass rusher than Smith, and is better against the run, so maybe he is a better fit than Smith? Kerrigan has TD written all over him. The only knock on him is his 40 time (4.8 ish), although not many DE ever have to run 40 yards. Smith probably has a higher ceiling, which is why he is above Kerrigan, and not to mention you gotta love the Mizzou connection (Spoon, Moore and Smith would be awesome together).

Smiler,

Nice post, picks and explanation.

-I like them all but I would prefer Kerrigan at this point. Although his ceiling may be lower, I think his floor is higher at this point. I certainly do not think he will be the sack machine like Abe but I think he would come in ready to play and give us medium production quicker than Smith. I think we have enough project DEs on the team. I would like a steady guy that we could plug in now. Abe really needs someone to step-up on opposite side of the line. Now I certainly would not be upset if picked Smith.

I think the playoffs will tell us a lot. It may tell us that a big physical CB is needed to make the team complete. In that case, Harris would make all the sense to select. I would be happy here as well.

So I guess I would go Kerrigan-Smith-Harris with all three being very close....then probably Bailey.

I really do want that DE 1st rd but I just don't see it happening. I think the 2 best DE's that fit our system

are Kerrigan and Smith. The way it looks now I doubt Kerrigan will even be there. And Smith is still raw and I

believe would still be kind of a project/rotational DE, which we already have a couple of those type DE's. We

need a true pass rusher opposite Abe. I know we are super big on character, but if it was me I would seriously

wait and try to get Sheard in the 2nd rd. Besides that one incident he hasn't been in any trouble that we know

of. I think he would pass our so called "filter". And with that said I have 2 other guys I would take 1st rd.

CB Jimmy Smith

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Db4x3KRlZEc

CB Aaron Williams

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fk4QdMwWy6Q

Here is why:

Falcons review: What we learned from the win over the Packers

3. The secondary needs to improve. Green Bay's top three receivers each had five receptions. Greg Jennings went for 119 yards, Jordy Nelson had 61 yards and a touchdown and James Jones had 44 yards. The Packers averaged a whopping 9.5 yards per pass play, when 8 yards per play is considered excellent. Cornerback Dunta Robinson missed a tackle in the first quarter that Jennings turned into a 30-yard gain. When they signed him to a $57.5 million free agent contract, the Falcons were counting on him to hold down the right side of the field. Atlanta is giving up 252.9 passing yards per game, which is 26th in the league. The team finished 28th last season. The Falcons will have to improve dramatically down the stretch to win the NFC South and will certainly need to be better in order to make a deep playoff run.

http://www.ajc.com/sports/atlanta-falcons/falcons-review-what-we-758049.html?cxtype=rss_news

great point there hawk. I feel the same about the DE situation. Ya know I have heard Vinny Curry might actually come out this year. If he does what do you think of him? I think he could come in and be a starter but I really do question our CBs

You got me on Curry. I know nothing about him.

You got me on Curry. I know nothing about him.

here is him against West Virginia. He had some great games this year. Shows a good burst and has the perfect size. Could play LDE great in our scheme IMO

http://espn.go.com/espn3/player?id=35410&league=NCAAF&size=condensed

number 99, white sleeve. 6-5 242

He is looking good, needs more endurance. Mario Harvey is a beast though

Edited by A-TowN.-

after re-watching it, I think Curry could be a late 1st rounder near our pick. Need to see more of him but he is solid in both the run and pass, may need more pass rushing moves but he's an athlete and is quick off the line, very fast for his size.

Mario Harvey is a solid LB, could play on Sundays

But most impressive was Marshall's safety, Brown. Look for him next year or 2013, he's a sophomore.

Edited by A-TowN.-