Question for anyone who was lucky enough to be there yesterday

While i was watching at home screaming and jumping about my front room, Brian Billick mentioned that the crowd in the dome can be loud but where not as loud as they should have been for a huge game like this and also said that he felt that the crowd would need to get a lot louder come playoff time if we play at home.

He also pointed out that Tony G was whipping up the crowd trying to generate noise. (love it!!)

So my question is was it loud yesterday or should it have been louder?

Thanks.

Edited by UK FALCON UK

Billick was at the Ravens game. He knows how loud this crowd can get. It was not that loud yesterday. It wasn't bad, but it could have been better.

For example, yesterday on third downs, the noise was coming from the end of the stadium closest to the line of scrimmage. In games past, like the Ravens game, the noise came from everywhere.

There were also a lot of Packers fans in my section...too many. That "go Pack go" chant got annoying.

The crowd sounded good to me. I just think it's fashionable to just dump on Atlanta fans. It's like that whether it's a Hawks, Braves, or Falcon's game. It's been that way ever since David Justice made his infamous rant about Atlanta fans back when he played here in the early 90s... :rolleyes:

Edited by DBFever2

I didn't make the Ravens game so I cannot compare this game to that one. What I noticed yesterday was at times the crowd just didn't rise up and when it was most crucial they did what was needed. My girlfriend and I both left that game with sore throats. What I liked about the whole experience was the trip out of the stadium. It reminded me of the saints loss at home last year but it was the falcons fans doing all the cheering. They were as loud on the way out as they were during the game. I really got fired up when AB came down to the field as he usually does and was walking around throwing his hands in the air to get the crowd to rise up. Where is the AB #1 jerseys? I would get one for sure.

There was a kid sitting in front of us that would turn around and yell at the pack fans behind us when the falcons made a good play "take that cheeseheads" that was priceless.

I didn't make the Ravens game so I cannot compare this game to that one. What I noticed yesterday was at times the crowd just didn't rise up and when it was most crucial they did what was needed. My girlfriend and I both left that game with sore throats. What I liked about the whole experience was the trip out of the stadium. It reminded me of the saints loss at home last year but it was the falcons fans doing all the cheering. They were as loud on the way out as they were during the game. I really got fired up when AB came down to the field as he usually does and was walking around throwing his hands in the air to get the crowd to rise up. Where is the AB #1 jerseys? I would get one for sure.

There was a kid sitting in front of us that would turn around and yell at the pack fans behind us when the falcons made a good play "take that cheeseheads" that was priceless.

I saw that too, i loved it. I was hoping that would make Sportscenter, a video clip of Arthur firing up the crowd for the pack's 4th and 11

While i was watching at home screaming and jumping about my front room, Brian Billick mentioned that the crowd in the dome can be loud but where not as loud as they should have been for a huge game like this and also said that he felt that the crowd would need to get a lot louder come playoff time if we play at home.

He also pointed out that Tony G was whipping up the crowd trying to generate noise. (love it!!)

Thanks.

I was there in section 121 - Dome was ROCKIN'

Best part was when the Pack fans tried the 'go pack go' and the Audio guy turned on some music and cranked it up to drown them out.

Best part was when the Pack fans tried the 'go pack go' and the Audio guy turned on some music and cranked it up to drown them out.

That was cool and it worked very well. Thats another reason playing at home is always better. Lets take it all the way through the playoffs!!

I attended my first ever Falcons game when we played Baltimore, and yesterday was my second. I honestly couldn't tell the difference between the two games.I'm guessing this is because I was making lots of noise myself at every appropiate moment :)

I'm by no means a veteran in being able to gauge crowd noise but if there was a lack of it, it wasn't because of me. :D

Yeah I noticed that as well. It was nice.

As far as crowd noise goes it was probably louder for the Ravens game but personally I know I almost passed out several times in the last quarter from yelling and making noise.

There were terrific/insane stretches of time where the fans in the GA Dome were screaming like mad, trying to disrupt the Packers offense; however, for sustained loudness, the noise at the Ravens game was greater. In any event, it was fantastic to watch this game in person: especially from our seats in the second row of the end zone, right next to the goal post near where the Falcons enter the field.

It's good to be a Falcons STH and get to watch our team calmly work their way down field to another late game victory!

the crowd was better at being on time than a usual Sunday game, but still @ kick off they were "just barely"

getting into their seats.

as far as noise, it was loud, but I'm big on making a lot of noise cause it really does work. falcon fans could be

"MUCH BETTER" than they were yesterday.

I'm in section 118 and it looked like there was a lot of gange green pakers in section 120 that got a chant going but we booed them into submission. couldn't boo them too much as we were on offense at the time.

To me, it was loudish. At times it was nice. It was NOTHING like the Baltimore game. The pack had alot of fans too. Overall we did make noise when we had to, when at the ravens game iseems like it was almost constant.

A Falcon game has NEVER been as wild or loud as an SEC Championship game. I'm hoping someday to equal that level.

Thanks.

I think it was loud at KEY situations. It was deafening on the final GB drive. There's an entire article out there with interviews with Packer players comparing the Dome to Lambeau in terms of home field advantage.

Put it this way...IT WAS LOUD ENOUGH TO GET A WIN. And it will get louder from here on out.