Running back in early rounds of draft?

falconsforeva23

Yeah, I agree. There are going to be great RBs in the 2nd and 3rd rounds that will make good change of pace backs. If Noel Devine didn't have character issues, I would imagine he'd be a slam dunk, but he might not be the type of guy that our staff would pursue.

I'd have to imagine that we'd take a DE in the first, and potentially a LB/RB in the 2nd & 3rd and probably a mid-round WR at some point.

Unless we win the Superbowl, then I'd imagine we're going to have to pick-up Tony's successor in the first cuz you know he's gonna be retiring. lol

That wouldn't be too bad, although DE/WR/CB are all interchangeable depending on what we do in free agency. I agree that those are the three biggest positions of need, though.

Isn't it nice that we're no longer having to worry about upgrading LT? Sam Baker has REALLY come on strong this month.

I think Baker had a slightly poor game today, but I have to agree our line as a whole has picked it up, and Baker has definitely been a contributing factor to that.

I still feel like we're either going to go DE or CB, but not both.. but who knows? I love Grimes and I don't wanna' give up on D-Rob, but at some point personnel will become an issue.

I think Baker had a slightly poor game today, but I have to agree our line as a whole has picked it up, and Baker has definitely been a contributing factor to that.

I still feel like we're either going to go DE or CB, but not both.. but who knows? I love Grimes and I don't wanna' give up on D-Rob, but at some point personnel will become an issue.

I think we need a serious upgrade across from Abraham... no offense to our other defensive ends intended. I don't want to replace D-Rob or Sugar Nips, but I do think we need another strong cornerback for teams like Green Bay and New Orleans who wield multiple dangerous wide receivers.

I think we need a serious upgrade across from Abraham... no offense to our other defensive ends intended. I don't want to replace D-Rob or Sugar Nips, but I do think we need another strong cornerback for teams like Green Bay and New Orleans who wield multiple dangerous wide receivers.

All those dangerous wide receivers are who they are cause of the QBs. Kill the QB you win. DE First round. Also i don't disagree but CB def comes after DE.

I was thinking about the draft today, and how actually it's hard to think of areas we drastically need to improve...

Any pass-defence problems today seemed to stem from Rodgers having an absolute age to pick a pass (or scramble), so I think that points to a problem with the pass rush. BUT if we're not rushing with enough men, maybe that's the sacrifice you make, and also we had many discussions about Brandon Graham last year, and how DEs often take a while to find their feet.

So, with this in mind, I think we should go for a Tight End. Not sure how many years TG has left, and we should make the most of any he does to coach a youngster through. Just an idea...

I really want a change of pace back to come in and give D's fits. Can you imagine if we had a speedster coming out of backfield as another option for Matt on 3rd downs??? But whatever back we get, I want him to come in and contribute about 4-6 carries as well. Not just a 3rd down guy. That way we can keep Snelling and "the Burner" fresh throughout the year. Titus Young from Boise St. is on the top of my Christmas list though. He would make our already potent O explosive. He has big play potential written all on him.

Jerious norwood is an injury prone and plus we need a speed back. love jason snelling but we need someone explosive to go with michael turner like the giants 1 2 punch. Maybe ryan williams if he's there?

i dont know what Noel Devine is rated on Mels big board, but i'd gladly take him in the 2nd if he's available(prob wont be) either DE or Michael Floyd in the 1st round.

Edited by The Dude Abides

I was thinking about the draft today, and how actually it's hard to think of areas we drastically need to improve...

Any pass-defence problems today seemed to stem from Rodgers having an absolute age to pick a pass (or scramble), so I think that points to a problem with the pass rush. BUT if we're not rushing with enough men, maybe that's the sacrifice you make, and also we had many discussions about Brandon Graham last year, and how DEs often take a while to find their feet.

So, with this in mind, I think we should go for a Tight End. Not sure how many years TG has left, and we should make the most of any he does to coach a youngster through. Just an idea...

exactly what i was thinking...go ahead and get TG's replacement, and until he leaves we have a double TE threat...something Matt Ryan would thrive on being able to switch from pass to run to pass at the line

With the way Snelling is performing, I think we can spend our 1st round on a position of need, preferably DE.

I sorta agree. I think we have the luxury to take the BPA regardless at this point. Obviously positions like QB won't fall in this category, but any position offensively or defensively that will upgrade our team could be game. Early guess could be WR, RB--any that are explosive; DE, LB or OLinemen ...or gasp CB