Clean sweep to the playoffs?

Master Exploder

After tonight's game, we probably got over our biggest obstacle standing in the way of a 14-2 season. While, we still have 5 games to go, we should heavily favored to win atleast 3 of those games with our biggest problems coming from within the division against Tampa Bay and the Saints.

While its certainly possible, especially with the Saints at home who look to be our biggest challenger, do you guys believe that we can sweep the table?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

what team would rest their guys 2 weeks before the end of the season????Its a national televised game, and if the aints keep winning, we will still need to win that game to win the division. remember, they are only a game behind us.

I said a game, and was referring to the last game of the season, but didn't want to come out and say "hey we might lose to the worst team in football"

what team would rest their guys 2 weeks before the end of the season????Its a national televised game, and if the aints keep winning, we will still need to win that game to win the division. remember, they are only a game behind us.

Actually, though Im certainly not proposing that we sit players unless we have things locked up, if we tie the Saints and that loss is against them, we still win the division because of our records against common opponents. That Arizona game would be the deciding factor.

It's not true that if the Saints keep winning, we will need to beat the Saints to win the division. If we lose to the Saints and win every other game on our schedule, we win the South because our record would be better against common opponents even if the Saints win all of their games from here on out (CLE and AZ being the decisive games so far).

I'm not saying I think we'd rest many players in that case, though. I think we'd still want to beat them. But if a player had a nagging injury (Abe? Spoon?), then we could rest some guys a bit and still get away with it.

We might be resting our guys at the end of the year, so we might drop a game b/c of that.

I don't think we rest much the last week if we have the first week bye locked up for the playoffs. Maybe just Abe or any other vets that need some rest for nagging injuries.

I am not convinced the Falcons are that great but you won today. They are squeaking by teams with bad officating as well.

:rolleyes::rolleyes: Win the ******* games if you don't think we are that great. As for bad officiating, I am going to assume you mean the 4th down catch by Gonzalez...tell your coach to use the challenge flag then if you disagreed with the call.

Actually, though Im certainly not proposing that we sit players unless we have things locked up, if we tie the Saints and that loss is against them, we still win the division because of our records against common opponents. That Arizona game would be the deciding factor.

Oh man, that would be rather epic. Thanks Max Hall hahaha.

:rolleyes::rolleyes: Win the ******* games if you don't think we are that great. As for bad officiating, I am going to assume you mean the 4th down catch by Gonzalez...tell your coach to use the challenge flag then if you disagreed with the call.

Packers got a gift as well with that non flag being thrown on the 4th and 1 when the play clock was clearly at 0 before the snap.

The Eagles are the best team in the NFC hands down. I think the Saints are better then the Falcons as well.

I agreed with you on the Eagles before today, but now I'm not sure. I think the Falcons are better than the Saints head-to-head, but the Saints may be a more dangerous team overall (vs most teams).