Just a quick rant.

BirdWeisErrr_2

I'm at the game today like I am every game. I'm up and yelling my *** off when we are on defense and some jackhole 3 rows behind me has some other jackhole tap me on the shoulder and says, "down in front". I politely tell all of the jackholes that I paid 75.00 for that ticket and they better stand up because I'm not sitting down.

Then somehow security comes down and taps me on the shoulder and says, "do I need to call security?" I said, "dude aint you security??"

Then I stood up the whole game, even during halftime just to piss everyone off. Am I wrong?

Funny though, at the end of the game I was high 5'ing everyone around me.

Look, I am gonna be loud and if I offend you by being loud you have every right to watch the game from your home television set. I may have been a jerk for the rest of the game but it feels good to stand up for what I believe in.

Edited by RevWeisErrr

I'm at the game today like I am every game. I'm up and yelling my *** off when we are on defense and some jackhole 3 rows behind me has some other jackhole tap me on the shoulder and says, "down in front". I politely tell all of the jackholes that I paid 75.00 for that ticket and they better stand up because I'm not sitting down.

Then somehow security comes down and taps me on the should and says, "do I need to call security?" I said, "dude aint you security??"

Then I stood up the whole game, even during halftime just to piss everyone off. Am I wrong?

Look, I am gonna be loud and if I offend you by being loud you have every right to watch the game from your home television set. I may have been a jerk for the rest of the game but it feels good to stand up for what I believe in.

Way to go brother. I for one am tired of the seat sitters who do not understand the ramifications of being a loud fan at the game. I implore you all to send this same message so all the panty waste can stay at home sit on there couches.

I'm a season ticket holder as well so I have some perspective. I dont think anyone has a problem standing on big plays my friend, but as you stated you paid $75..... but so did they. Support, be loud and crazy, but also have a little respect for those that don't want to stand the whole game. And do not take this the wrong way, but if you like standing whole game, get a seat on the last row of your section.

I'm a season ticket holder as well so I have some perspective. I dont think anyone has a problem standing on big plays my friend, but as you stated you paid $75..... but so did they. Support, be loud and crazy, but also have a little respect for those that don't want to stand the whole game. And do not take this the wrong way, but if you like standing whole game, get a seat on the last row of your section.

I wasn't standing the whole game until I was told to sit down while I was standing when our team had a big opportunity on defense. Anyway, I don't care. Yeah that sounds self centered, arrogant and cocky but I have never been treated that way in the Dome before. I plan on standing EVERY time we are on defense and especially if it is a big play. If anyone has a problem with it they will have to handle it in their own way. Therapy, counseling, meditation, etc is all of the advice I can give to them.

You have the right to stand up, no matter what the circumstances are. If the guys behind you doesn't like it, too bad. If they wanted to sit down the whole time and enjoy the game, they might as well should of stayed their a s s e s home in front of the TV.

I'll make exceptions for older fans, but just because you got free tickets or you're 300lbs doesn't mean I'm sitting down

Why did someone give me a neg. He asked for opinions and I gave mine. I too enjoy standing during the game, but I can also see the other side of the situation. Sitting does not equal being quite. You can sit and be loud as well. There are seatsat the dome for a reason lol. If the situation were reversed and you were told to sit the whole game, I would be supporting your right to stand. Everyone should just be respectful of their fellow Falcon fans. Now if the person telling you to sit was a Packer fan, well to heck with him lol!

If you like sitting down the whole time, then be nice and get the first row on the level, that way there is NO ONE IN FRONT OF YOU TO BLOCK YOUR VIEW!!!!

Geez, you have to expect fans to get up and yell at a game, anyone who doesn't either isn't a fan, or has never been to a game in their life.

Then somehow security comes down and taps me on the shoulder and says, "do I need to call security?" I said, "dude aint you security??"

Apparently we need to get this information over to Coach Smith so that he can add the caveat to his other request for the fans to "be on time and be loud".

It would go something like this: "Be on time and when our defense is on the field, STAND up and be loud.

you can't be loud sitting on your a..".

And the NFL wonders why attendance is down... Lets see... why should I pay for A ticket, parking,50% mark up on food and beer and be told that I can't stand up and cheer. When I could stay at home and get a 12 pack order some wings and do whatever I want.($40) The whole reason you go to a game is to cheer and be part of something. Why else would you spend more money for a worse view of the game. A fan cheering and drinking a couple of beers offends these people, but watching 300 lb grown men trying to rip each others heads off is acceptable. Did they call security when D Jackson was laying on the ground twitching. No, thats OK as long as you don't block their view.

For one.... Idk how anyone with a pulse could be sitting at todays gaem... And for two H*ll no you are not wrong. If I had a chance to go to a game I would be the loudest person in there. Isn't that what you are suppose to do? Isn't that what makes for home field advantage. Way to go man F those ******* that were crying

And the NFL wonders why attendance is down... Lets see... why should I pay for A ticket, parking,50% mark up on food and beer and be told that I can't stand up and cheer. When I could stay at home and get a 12 pack order some wings and do whatever I want.($40) The whole reason you go to a game is to cheer and be part of something. Why else would you spend more money for a worse view of the game. A fan cheering and drinking a couple of beers offends these people, but watching 300 lb grown men trying to rip each others heads off is acceptable. Did they call security when D Jackson was laying on the ground twitching. No, thats OK as long as you don't block their view.

be my best friend?

I am a Falcons season ticket holder and I completely agree with you. I pay for my seat and I scream and yell with everyone else. I don't need some a-hole standing in front of me while everyone else is still sitting. Plain and simple!

Personally, i think your just as in the wrong as they were.

1. U can get loud sitting just as well as standing.

2. I get up to stand on big plays, or big downs but i'm also respectful of those behind me by yelling from my seat the rest of the time. By u standing jist to piss them off does make you in the wrong here. If they get upset because u want to stand on 3rd downs or big plays, they'll get over it. But by you altering your behavior or norm to intentionally get back at them is just as disrespectful

I kinda agree. I appreciate the passion, but I have a bad foot, and would hate to have to stand the whole game. My friend and ticket mate has physical disabilities, and she could never make it through the game standing 100% of the time.

But yesterday, we stood for at least a third of the game, especially when the Falcons were on defense.

2. I get up to stand on big plays, or big downs but i'm also respectful of those behind me by yelling from my seat the rest of the time. By u standing jist to piss them off does make you in the wrong here. If they get upset because u want to stand on 3rd downs or big plays, they'll get over it. But by you altering your behavior or norm to intentionally get back at them is just as disrespectful

It's really all about respecting others.

To be honest, after that I stood more than usual. I did not really stand the entire time. I stood on every 2nd down and some 1st downs and all of the 3rd downs though.