after GB win, what is our greatest need

millenium falcon

looks like LDE is still it to me. biermann has been good, but he might be better as a back up to abe at RDE next year and then take over RDE in 2012. maybe next year will be a break out year for him, we keep abe at a limited amount of plays anyway.

i doubt we have a shot at ryan kerrigan in rd 1 but it would be the ideal pick for us IMO.

Yep, gotta say defensive end with our 1st pick....

I'd like to see another behemoth OT with our 2nd (even though Baker has definitely played better the last few games)...

Speed back and/or WR with 3rd round pick....and I would be totally fine with switching 2nd and 3rd round picks.

I think part of the reason why we don't have many sacks is because is because we run a ball-control offense. Our offense eats so much clock our front 7 doesn't have as many opportunities...

That said, we do need to improve our pass rush, whether that's a DT or DE doesn't matter. Honestly, I wouldn't mind that Auburn DT but he's probably a top 10 pick...

On the offense, we'll need OL depth with McClure still playing well, but not getting any younger, same for TE...

I think the opportunity for the Falcons to dominate the NFL is now. Anyone we draft will more than likely take 2 -3 years before they become impact players. If we need a DE next year to apply more pressure on the QB it should address that in FA. We're not going to find anyone in the draft that is going to be better as a rookie than what we have right now.

If we had Norwood of 2008 than I think our offense would be a lot more explosive. RB is one position where a rookie can make immediate impact. Especially in a limited role. We should look for a speedy RB with good hands in the 2nd or 3rd round.

I say the best available player. Unless of course its a QB. We could use help everywhere really.

RB - Turner is 30 and Snelling will get a big contract this year to be a starter somewhere

WR - Jenkins is good but not great, Finneran is near his end and Douglass hasn't fully come back yet. So Roddy needs help no matter what you think.

OL - Sam Baker gets beat consistently but unless a top notch player falls like Brian Bulaga did last year don't draft 1st round.

DE - Case has been stated already

DT - Pretty much set for next 4 years at least.

LB - could use someone to take over for Mike Peterson. Obviously Nicholas isn't good enough otherwise he would be starting.

S - I think we're good but we can use depth.

CB - Obviously we can use another corner but we can't afford a #1 with what we're paying Dunta and will have to pay Clabo, Dahl, Anderson, Snelling(hoping), Decoud, Biermann, Moore and Lofton soon.

Also we could use another punt returner. Weems is good but doesn't have the break away speed of a Devin Hester or Jacobi Ford. Maybe Noel Devine in the 5th round?

Yeah, provided we aren't reaching, I'd say that DE is definitely our biggest need.

I could also see us going CB, OLB, OT, RB or WR in the draft. Honestly, I hope we add DL and OL in every draft; maybe not early every year, but keep those guys coming. That's how you keep depth at an important position!

I think all those positions will be addressed in the offseason; some by FA, some by draft.

Pass rush will be our focus. How we draft to fix that is the unknown. I wasn't high on getting a DE this year but I think we will go after one in this up coming draft.

Abe is doing his thing and even though I love Kroy he seems to be a little off lately. It may be the whole Real House wife drama...

I think DE, corner, receiver and even a high pick on a runningback believe it or not.

The lack of sacks today was a little alarming. That's been bad most of the season.

But our corner play has been nothing impressive after many thought we had good depth there. Both guys have been picked on plenty out there

True,but when the opposing qb has enough time in the pocket to do his taxes,order a pizza,then scan the field for an open rec.,you kinda have to look at the d line.I say we need to go heavy on the d line,tight end,as Gonzo will be retiring soon,and wide rec would be our most pressing needs

Pass rush will be our focus. How we draft to fix that is the unknown. I wasn't high on getting a DE this year but I think we will go after one in this up coming draft.

Abe is doing his thing and even though I love Kroy he seems to be a little off lately. It may be the whole Real House wife drama...

I think DE, corner, receiver and even a high pick on a runningback believe it or not.

Throw in a future replacement for Gonzo,and you've got a great recipe there.