Post Regular Season Coaching changes Official thread.

SacFalcFan

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i see nutt to colorad and gus malzahn to ole miss. i know the gruden smoke is out there for the U, but i am now seeing it be reported it's false.

MB is pretty epic tonight haha, personally I don't see the "Gus Bus" leaving until next year he has repeatedly said he wants to stay in Auburn at least three years, could be wrong but I just dont see him leaving just yet.

Should be an interesting offseason none the less

So Gruden has been kissing all that a$$ on MNF for nothing?

Do y'all see Butch Davis returning to UNC next year? UNC is a top academic institution that previously enjoyed a sterling reputation.. gotta think they might wanta wash their hands of the whole Butch regime after all the agent crap, right or wrong.

MB is pretty epic tonight haha, personally I don't see the "Gus Bus" leaving until next year he has repeatedly said he wants to stay in Auburn at least three years, could be wrong but I just dont see him leaving just yet.

Money talks.

Malzahn was a HS coach just 5 years ago. Being a HC at a top school next year would be the epitome of a meteoric rise.

a lot of guys say things, that really means zilch. if he has a head coaching job even at ole miss he will not stay at auburn to be an oc. no coach in their right mind is going to stay at auburn and turn down a chance to run his own program and he won't care what he said a few year ago.

Gus will not gamble on turning Barrett Trotter into the next Cam Newton. If offered the Ole Miss job, he is gone IMO.

Agreed, he gets an offer from a team as big as Colorado or bigger...he's gone. I think he gets lots of offers this off-season.

If there are indeed issues at Auburn, he'll be gone. However, if he is offered a HC position yet he still decides to stay, I would be very skeptical about any NCAA issues at Auburn.

FWIW

ESPN football analyst Jon Gruden said Sunday night that he isn't leaving ESPN.

"I am committed to Monday Night Football and to ESPN," Gruden said in a statement. "I enjoy working with Mike, Jaws and our entire crew and am just trying to get better at this job."

Earlier Sunday, the South Florida Sun Sentinel, citing a University of Miami source, said Gruden initiated talks for the Hurricanes' open coaching position.

Miami fired Randy Shannon on Saturday night, hours after Miami lost to South Florida in its regular-season finale. The Hurricanes fell to 7-5, still have yet to play for an Atlantic Coast Conference title and lured only 26,369 fans -- many of them rooting for the visitors -- to Sun Life Stadium on Saturday, the smallest home crowd since Larry Coker's last home game in 2006.

The Associated Press, citing an anonymous source, reported that Gruden, the former Tampa Bay Buccaneers coach, is atop Miami's wish list to fill the position and that Gruden received "parameters" of an offer from the Hurricanes.

We'll see what happens, Gruden may want to see what opens up in the NFL first

So Gruden has been kissing all that a$$ on MNF for nothing?

Do y'all see Butch Davis returning to UNC next year? UNC is a top academic institution that previously enjoyed a sterling reputation.. gotta think they might wanta wash their hands of the whole Butch regime after all the agent crap, right or wrong.

When this all started I thought UNC might end up firing Davis. When Blake resigned under pressure, I would have bet my bottom dollar that Davis would be gone. But now, I feel almost as certain that UNC is going to keep him around. The last quotes I read from their President indicated a strong committment to Butch and support for him remaining in the position.

My only thought on the entire situation is: If Davis really did not know anything about the stuff Blake was doing then he certainly should have. But I guess you don't spend as much time following the every move of your assistants like you do with your players.

If they keep him I think he will continue to make them a stronger and better team, so I really wish they would cut him loose.