our pass defense is pure garbage

andrews31cain21

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

VanGorder is making poor play calls, not playing to players strengths, and the defense in general is doing a very poor job with disguising what play they're going to run. I was willing to give VanGorder another shot but he's doing a very poor job running this defense.

I'm just glad we have playmakers, especially during goal line stands, on defense or else this game would have had a different ending.

Edited by Psychic Gibbon

if they dont give up that last TD we had a pretty good showing, im not gonna lie I got emotionally pissed when they were throwing on us but we knew it was going to happen, all this post game we are the worst defence **** is bullish, i know it sucks all these close games but we are not going to score alot of points ppl thats not what were designed to do.

So we give up 17 points to one of the best offenses in the NFL and you people still complain? You're just as bad as WVU fans.

Winning this game despite our saloon-door pass defense is great. It gives us a solid leg up on home field advantage in the playoffs. But we all know playoff ball is a different animal. As our pass defense is playing now, that is clearly our Achilles heel.

I want changes or adjustments made. Not bencings, but changes to scheme, defensive focus, something!!!! We get teams down, but our pass defense lets them pass their way back into the game. It has happened far too often, and sooner or later, it WILL bite us in the butt.

Here is my perspective: (no homer)

The run defense was great as usual.

The pass coverage was actually better than I've seen in several games.

It was the pass rush and the blitzes that killed us. How can you defend the secondary when the QB has 5 seconds to complete passes of 10+ yards? I was acutally pleased with the secondary today. Aaron Rodgers was constantly running and scrambling today, several times he could not find open receivers in less than 5 seconds, and the goal line stands were amazing.

It's Aaron Rodgers.

It's not like we're going up against Rusty Smith today, eh?

Our D has played a pretty solid game today. Holding the Packers to 10 points with just under 6 minutes left in the 4th quarter is a good performance.

Well said.

We have some holes on D, but this is one of the more prolific passing offenses in the league and our D held their own. Also, their O-line did a good job of letting our D line rush past them and then letting Rodgers step up while they pushed our guys into the ground. Sound strategy from them.

We did break up a few plays and almost came down with a couple interceptions. I think they are better than pure garbage.

We faced a team that will go up and down the field all day passing the ball and we came out on top.

We didn't lock their offense up but we did come up with critical stops and won. That's the bottom line I guess.

I thought the defence just played too conservative today. Rodgers was given too much toime in the pocket to pick the defence apart. This is also with that their run game was non existent, and they were still passing the ball extrememly easy. Rodgers played an expectional game. But at the same time, the commentators were talkin about how both defences give up a large amount of yards, but they allow very little points. Which was a perfect example of today of how the Falcons held the packers to 17 points.