I'm so excited about the Falcons!

Leon Troutsky

In fairness, the guys who bought the car from you wanted it for the racing circuit, right?

No, it was actually a couple of Canadians who wanted to take it back and restore it.

It was the weirdest thing -- they responded to an Autotrader ad and told us they were at the hotel out on Thornton Road and wanted to come look at it. Dad wanted to be sure to be there since it was so weird that they would call out of the blue, at night, and want to look at the car and were leaving town the next day. But they were legit. I think they actually drove the thing from Georgia to Canada.

I had a powder blue one when I was a teenager. 1965 coupe with a ridiculously fast 289 in it. Loved that car, but we couldn't keep it running.

I'll buy another one one of these days.

I don't remember my dad ever having any problems. He mostly had old trucks but he had a thing for those midsized 1960's fords it seems. He always had Falcons, Galaxy's and Fairlanes. He was not a Chevy or Ford guy. He would drive anything but he had pretty good taste until he got old and bought a van that had a sticker on it that said " don't come knocking if you see the van rockin'" :o

His last Falcon was my favorite just stock white with that red vinyl interior.Probably a '65 or around.

I don't remember my dad ever having any problems. He mostly had old trucks but he had a thing for those midsized 1960's fords it seems. He always had Falcons, Galaxy's and Fairlanes. He was not a Chevy or Ford guy. He would drive anything but he had pretty good taste until he got old and bought a van that had a sticker on it that said " don't come knocking if you see the van rockin'" :o

His last Falcon was my favorite just stock white with that red vinyl interior.Probably a '65 or around.

If I'd had money to properly maintain mine (restore it, actually) it would have been fine. It was always little things -- the distributor went out, or an alternator, or a starter solenoid, or whatever. I was 16 at the time, and I couldn't afford to keep fixing the thing and I sure couldn't afford to have it worked over like it needed.

It was a great car, though. I wish I had it now -- it would shine like a new penny!

It looked EXACTLY like this one:

Blue_Ford_Falcon_Futura_side.JPG

If I'd had money to properly maintain mine (restore it, actually) it would have been fine. It was always little things -- the distributor went out, or an alternator, or a starter solenoid, or whatever. I was 16 at the time, and I couldn't afford to keep fixing the thing and I sure couldn't afford to have it worked over like it needed.

It was a great car, though. I wish I had it now -- it would shine like a new penny!

It looked EXACTLY like this one:

Blue_Ford_Falcon_Futura_side.JPG

Crap, I forgot about the powder blue paint job on that thing. It was a real beauty, that's for sure.