Packers will Lose

egoprime II

The Packers are being touted as being this 'great' team. Folks, great teams can run the ball and stop the run. The Packers are barely average doing either one. Meanwhile the Falcons are top 6 in both rushing offense and defense.

Our O line is playing lights out football, with the help of Ryans quick precision passing and our WRs catching most everything Ryan throws. Our offense will hold onto the ball with long drives, reducing GB's offensive snaps significantly. As noted, the Packers are soft against the run. Turner and Snelling will find lanes to run in. Matt Ryan will not be sacked much because he does not hold onto the ball long enough for the defense to get to him. And the Packers starting safeties are out. I can see Ryan and his receivers taking full advantage.

Clay Matthews being such a good pass rusher is a two sided sword. The 3-4 defense is effective because of the offense not knowing where the pass rush is coming from when an LB blitzes. However Matthews will rush a lot, so that unknown is already answered and if Matthews does not rush in favor of someone else rushing? Then the Falcons catch a break.

When the Falcons D starts neutralizing the Packers run game, GB will become a one dimensional team on offense. More pass plays means more sacks and INTs for our defense, more holds and false starts for the Packers. Green Bays' O line is playing well right now, however thier competition has been either substandard or uninspired. The Falcons D line is the opposite. Our D line is talented, deep, young and fired up, led by twin terrors Babineaux and JA55.

The Packers have yet to play a balanced capable and hard charging team like the Atlanta Falcons. Our offense and defense will physically batter the Packers on both sides of the ball. Green Bay will grow frustrated with an opponent that does not make mistakes and capitalizes on the miscues the Packers make. This and our ball control offense will cause the Packers to become more frustrated and make even MORE mistakes.

The Pack just got thru playing an emotional game against the Vikes, so I look for GB to be just a bit flat.

And the Packers are playing in OUR house!

I predict the Packers will get shellacked on Sunday, 31-17 Falcons win.

Then the media can look for another NFC team to put ahead of the Falcons in thier power rankings... :P

Edited by egoprime II

I don't know about 31-17, but +1.

I think this game comes down to our DBs. Without getting an INT, I think we lose. With 1 INT, it's a toss up. With two or more INTs, we win. And Rodgers is no slouch. The only way we get around that is if our D-Line dominates. The battle of Atlanta's D-Line vs GB's O-Line is pivotal.

I can't wait to watch this game. I hope it's a good one.

I don't know about 31-17, but +1.

I think this game comes down to our DBs. Without getting an INT, I think we lose. With 1 INT, it's a toss up. With two or more INTs, we win. And Rodgers is no slouch. The only way we get around that is if our D-Line dominates. The battle of Atlanta's D-Line vs GB's O-Line is pivotal.

I can't wait to watch this game. I hope it's a good one.

I think our pass D will benefit from Weatherspoon being back as well. My impression of Spoon is this: he makes big plays when they count. I recall him making an open field tackle in one game to keep the ball inbounds so the clock would run, another time he blitzed and got the sack.

Spoon could be a big factor in this game, GB has tape of him from a month ago, right. But Spoon has been seeing and studying so he has more game knowledge than before. Combine that with his speed, and Sean just might make a big difference Sunday.

I think our pass D will benefit from Weatherspoon being back as well. My impression of Spoon is this: he makes big plays when they count. I recall him making an open field tackle in one game to keep the ball inbounds so the clock would run, another time he blitzed and got the sack.

Spoon could be a big factor in this game, GB has tape of him from a month ago, right. But Spoon has been seeing and studying so he has more game knowledge than before. Combine that with his speed, and Sean just might make a big difference Sunday.

That's another good point. Spoon is kind of a wild card for this game. Is he as good as he seemed to be earlier this year? If so, our defense might even embarrass the Packers. I expect the GB offense to complete some big pass plays, so our defense will have to compensate with some big plays of our own. We need our defensive unit to step up, bigtime.

Edited by Firstiary