Official Ga. Tech @ UGA Game Thread

Ransack

Josh Davis, Cordy Glenn, and Chris Davis were injured to the point that they shouldn't have been playing at the beginning of the season, or ever in Chris' case, but I too expected better o-line play as we got healthier. I still definitely wouldn't get rid of Searels, though. S&C and depth are the 2 things wrong with the o-line. Both will be better next season.

It's not even just this year. You're right about the injuries weve suffered on the line, but it has been subpar for more than just 2010. I'm just not a big fan of his at all. That's one area where I feel we've done extremely well, but havent got nearly the best from a lot of these guys.

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not even just this year. You're right about the injuries weve suffered on the line, but it has been subpar for more than just 2010. I'm just not a big fan of his at all. That's one area where I feel we've done extremely well, but havent got nearly the best from a lot of these guys.

While we're talking o-line, I'd be remiss if I didn't mention Clint Boling. For all the talk about this likely being AJ and Houston's last game in Sanford, it was obviously Boling's. Boling is one of my favorite Dawgs from the Richt era. We've been able to count on him since he was a relatively unheralded true freshman in '07. He played every o-line position except center - he was like the Hines Ward of the o-line.

I can understand your frustration with the performance of the o-line, but I think a lot of people don't realize just how bad our o-line has been hit by injuries. I don't think Searels is to blame for it. Our o-line guys have just gotten torn up big time in recent years. Which might indicate S&C has needed changes for some time. Either way injuries happen... it's just shocking when you look at it how bad the injury bug hit our o-line. And we just haven't had the depth to keep running strong.

While we're talking o-line, I'd be remiss if I didn't mention Clint Boling. For all the talk about this likely being AJ and Houston's last game in Sanford, it was obviously Boling's. Boling is one of my favorite Dawgs from the Richt era. We've been able to count on him since he was a relatively unheralded true freshman in '07. He played every o-line position except center - he was like the Hines Ward of the o-line.

Yeah, I'll definitely be sad to see Boling leave. Hopefully he can find a spot on an NFL roster where a team can take value of his diversity.

I can understand your frustration with the performance of the o-line, but I think a lot of people don't realize just how bad our o-line has been hit by injuries. I don't think Searels is to blame for it. Our o-line guys have just gotten torn up big time in recent years. Which might indicate S&C has needed changes for some time. Either way injuries happen... it's just shocking when you look at it how bad the injury bug hit our o-line. And we just haven't had the depth to keep running strong.

What Searels was able to do with that '07 situation he inherited made me a lifelong believer in his coaching prowess. Searels has suffered more from our S&C deficiencies than any other coach.

I just got home from the game. I had a nice meal at the Grill before leaving Athens at 3am. :) Great win over the bugs. Any win over Georgia Tech is a great win. 9 out of 10 years is awesome and we are going to the Liberty Bowl. Aaron was something tonight and our defense stepped up big in the 4th quarter making some huge plays to help us win this game. Man what a great atmosphere tonight at the game. It was terrific game. Very happy with another win over a huge rival. We have to improve defensively next year, but even if we do playing the triple option and CPJ is going to be very very tough as we saw tonight.

How 'Bout Them Dawgs? :P

Bobo needs to go. I'm so sick of his tired playcalling. <_<

bobo isn't going anywhere.. he is going to be our oc for as long as cmr is our head coach. if our defense had played well in the past 7 games we would be 7-0 instead of 5-2. our offense has not been our issues in the past 7 games.