Get in your seat (please)

betterfalcon

My seats are in section 207 (for the last ten years) and it's really disheartening with every home game seeing how thin the crowd is at kickoff and throughout the first quarter. I know this is not a new complaint. I've been complaining about this phenomenon for ten years now. Others have posted threads about this.

Please, please, please get in your seats before the start of the game. Please show some love for our team. This is the best squad we've fielded in the last decade and it makes me mad that my fellow fans would rather take their time standing outside the Dome tailgating till after kickoff instead of tailgating until thirty minutes before kickoff and then getting in your seat.

When you see that it's 12:30, please go ahead and encourage all those around you to go ahead and get inside the stadium so that we can get rocking with crowd noise right off the top.

THE TEAM DESERVES BETTER FROM US.

Believe Mr. Blank has already made this plea. Great that you're there prompt, and if ppl who have tickets for this game can't see the importance, doubt this thread gonna make much difference. Besides, going out on a limb here, but I doubt many, if any MB members are the type who arrive late, depart early, sit the entire game.

Edited by vabchbirdlover

Hummm! Stay in the parking lot and drink a beer for about 80 cents or get to your seat early and pay $7.50............I wonder why people are late?..........don't get mad.......just say'en! :rolleyes:

That's what I was gonna say. However, I am "almost" always in my seat at kickoff. I try to sit down as they are lining up to kick. I like beer but not as much at 7.50.

Guest jb aka johnnybuc

What is it with Falcon fans? Me & my crew are ALWAYS in our seats at least 1 hour before kickoff so we can see what's going on in warm ups and get our game faces on. The fact that we don't drink so have no need to get as $hitfaced as possible before the game helps.

Maybe Mr. Blank should lower the beer prices and see if that helps...just an idea

Ding....Ding....Ding! Tell'em what he won Johnny!........I bet most who are in their seats early don't drink.(75%) The tailgaters are the late ones. If they did 1/2 price of beer($3.75) up to 10 min before kickoff I bet more would be in their seats. JMO.

Edited by Caddieman

Ding....Ding....Ding! Tell'em what he won Johnny!........I bet most who are in their seats early I bet don't drink.(75%) The tailgaters are the late ones. If they did 1/2 price of beer up to 10 min before kickoff I bet more would be in their seats. JMO.

A couple of stratigically placed $.99 mini Smirnoff's never hurt my cause to be on time. ;)

This is Atlanta, home of white wine, golf, and BMW's.

About as far away from an ideal NFL demographic as you could design..............on purpose.

The average Falcon "SPECTATOR".............(far different from a FAN)..............will arrive and leave when it suits their leisurely lifestyle, that equates to 40% seats empty at kickoff and 30% empty halfway thru the 4th qtr. Not to mention the 6-7,000 no shows at every sold out game.

Some things never change, like the sun still rising tomorrow morning.

GO FALCONS !!!!!

Do you drink or tailgate?.....Just asking.

I know you've replied to someone else, but I wanted to reply to you're other post in this thread.

My group does both :D

We drink enough so we have a very low need to pay the high prices in the dome.

We also start packing @ 11:30 so we can get in the dome by noon.

We also try to be in our parking spot around 8am so we have enough time to tailgate :ph34r:

We don't go to church when there is a home game!

:ph34r: Flame away, but shouldn't this thread be over in "DOME FIELD ADVANTAGE" :angry: :wacko: (guess the truth hurts sometimes)

Do you drink or tailgate?.....Just asking.

When I was asking if you drink or not here is my point. If you were tailgateing and were drinking coke for 37 cents a can and then went in early and they cost $7.50 you might stay out in the parking lot a little longer too!.........just say'en.

Well, we manage to drive 200 miles, park, tailgate with the FalconsRoosters, drink a few and make it to our seats well before kickoff.

And yes, we do pony up for a 7.50 or 2 in the process.

Just sayin'

I opt for one more extra dollar for strong Gin & Tonic from my bartender gal outside of the 341 gate. Those dang domestic beers from the plastic bottles just don't seem right to me. They seem EXTRA carbonated for some reason.

Well, we manage to drive 200 miles, park, tailgate with the FalconsRoosters, drink a few and make it to our seats well before kickoff.

And yes, we do pony up for a 7.50 or 2 in the process.

Just sayin'

Glad you are financially viable to do so. Not all are. Some save up to just come to one game.

Will never solve that issue - the party is outside (booze, honeys, food, did i say honeys?). A lot of people who tailgate are just coming from a party the night before - This is ATLANTA....maybe 4pm games would have quicker attendance. Folks are walking under the influence to Gate C and D creating traffic jams at 12:50pm all the time.

Now the colder it becomes, you might get more people inside earlier as tailgates wind down later in the year.