Give me a position only for 1st rd pick

hawkeye

I think looking at what we might need and who might be there when we pick, I'm going with CB as our first pick.

I like Grimes but he is lacking the physicality and tackling ability we need on the other side of Dunta. There

are two other positions I think we could use but don't believe the right players will be there. And they are DE

and OT. And TBH I believe we may be satisfied with what we have on the O-Line and trying to stick with the

continuity. So let's look at some other positions.

WR

There are some names that will be there but it looks like we are sticking with Jenks as our #2.

OLB

We just need depth and not a starter. We are good with Lofton, Spoon, and Nicholas.

RB

Same as OLB. We just need a change of pace back. They wouldn't come in and start over Turner anyway.

So that's why my choice is CB 1st rd b/c it's still a need and there will still be some players there late. I

didn't even include TE b/c I think TG will be back. He is nowhere near done. Too much left in his tank and just

the love for the game.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would love to have a stand out OT, but i just dont think this is the year for one. We have a solid core on front seven, with our DT's and 2 out of 3 lbers. This team needs to get preasure to be dominant. I want a stud DE o this team so that this front seven of ours can get great for the next 7-8 years. Dont go away from building those lines now! You can barely name the d-backs on pitt, bal, bears. But their Defense is good cause of there front seven. End of story! DLINE!

I think we will have a chance.

Robert Quinn, North Carolina*

Adrian Clayborn, Iowa

Ryan Kerrigan, Purdue

Da'Quan Bowers, Clemson

Justin Houston, Georgia*

Aldon Smith, Missouri**

Allen Bailey, DE/DT Miami

Jeremy Beal, Oklahoma

Jabaal Sheard, Pittsburgh

Sam Acho, Texas

Ricky Elmore, Arizona

Steven Friday, Virginia Tech

Greg Romeus, Pittsburgh

These guys should range from round 1-2. We could pick one of them and really see an improvement in our pass rush.

I think we will have a chance.

Cameron Heyward - Ohio State

Robert Quinn, North Carolina*

Adrian Clayborn, Iowa

Ryan Kerrigan, Purdue

Da'Quan Bowers, Clemson

Justin Houston, Georgia*

Aldon Smith, Missouri**

Allen Bailey, DE/DT Miami

Jeremy Beal, Oklahoma

Jabaal Sheard, Pittsburgh

Sam Acho, Texas

Ricky Elmore, Arizona

Steven Friday, Virginia Tech

Greg Romeus, Pittsburgh

These guys should range from round 1-2. We could pick one of them and really see an improvement in our pass rush.

You beat me to it, I was gonna list them too

Quinn, Clayborn, Bowers and Kerrigan will probably all be gone by our pick

Heyward, Houston and Smith may be gone by our pick, but are more likely than the others to fall

Sheard, Acho, Elmore, Friday and Romeus have talent, but not 1st round talent

Leaving Bailey and Beal, Beal may fall a little more and is partially a LB

So the winner is Allen Bailey (That is if we cant get any of the first 7 mentioned)

this draft is loaded this year with de, and wr. I knw e all said last year what are we doing we need this and we need that. And i think everyone thought that oh we didnt get a de cause of beerman. I truely believe this is where TD has been doing his best work. I think he was looking down the road and knew these positions were going to be stacked. And what does everyone want this year DE and WR. I think we are going to really get 2 impact players this year in round 1 and 2 cause of it!

this draft is loaded this year with de, and wr. I knw e all said last year what are we doing we need this and we need that. And i think everyone thought that oh we didnt get a de cause of beerman. I truely believe this is where TD has been doing his best work. I think he was looking down the road and knew these positions were going to be stacked. And what does everyone want this year DE and WR. I think we are going to really get 2 impact players this year in round 1 and 2 cause of it!

I think TD is gonna go CB pretty early, too

I think TD is gonna go CB pretty early, too

I dont think so, he got a FA last year, and got a young db in franks. If franks comes out this year hes a 1st or 2nd rounder. Pass defense is majorly related to pass rush. With he yound core front seven we have been building he needs to go DE this year

I want to say DE, but I just don't think we are going to find the right guy at the end of round 1. One interesting player, however, would be Robert Quinn. He has elite upside, but kind of needed this year to prove he wasn't just a raw pass rusher.

It will be very interesting to see where he goes after sitting out a full year. You also have to consider the fact that most young DEs tend to struggle early in their careers. Even if we brought in a DE in the 1st, its tougher to expect an immediate impact from that position.

At OT, I definitely would be satisfied if we got a guy like Derrick Sherrod. Other than that, I don't think there is another OT that is worthy of a 1st round pick.

WR and CB are two very deep positions where we have needs and we could find an immediate impact starter. That is why I think those two are the top positions of target in the first round.

You beat me to it, I was gonna list them too

Quinn, Clayborn, Bowers and Kerrigan will probably all be gone by our pick

Heyward, Houston and Smith may be gone by our pick, but are more likely than the others to fall

Sheard, Acho, Elmore, Friday and Romeus have talent, but not 1st round talent

Leaving Bailey and Beal, Beal may fall a little more and is partially a LB

So the winner is Allen Bailey (That is if we cant get any of the first 7 mentioned)

I left out Heyward and Cameron Jordan, they are more 3-4 DEs. Beal would be my choice, we need a great pass rusher and he is one.

I want to say DE, but I just don't think we are going to find the right guy at the end of round 1. One interesting player, however, would be Robert Quinn. He has elite upside, but kind of needed this year to prove he wasn't just a raw pass rusher.

It will be very interesting to see where he goes after sitting out a full year. You also have to consider the fact that most young DEs tend to struggle early in their careers. Even if we brought in a DE in the 1st, its tougher to expect an immediate impact from that position.

At OT, I definitely would be satisfied if we got a guy like Derrick Sherrod. Other than that, I don't think there is another OT that is worthy of a 1st round pick.

WR and CB are two very deep positions where we have needs and we could find an immediate impact starter. That is why I think those two are the top positions of target in the first round.

I agree with everything you said except for a WR 1st rd. Unless things change I see White and Jenkins our top

2 receivers for a while. I believe Jenkins does just enough in their eyes to keep his #2 spot. So I don't think

we will need to go WR 1st rd.

I dont think so, he got a FA last year, and got a young db in franks. If franks comes out this year hes a 1st or 2nd rounder. Pass defense is majorly related to pass rush. With he yound core front seven we have been building he needs to go DE this year

I agree DE is the primary position, but I think TD will still get a CB before the 5th

I left out Heyward and Cameron Jordan, they are more 3-4 DEs. Beal would be my choice, we need a great pass rusher and he is one.

Of Smith, Houston or Heyward...Smith fits our scheme the best...But I think Heyward is the most athletic...Houston is similar to Beal, just better...then Bailey would be the last option

I agree with everything you said except for a WR 1st rd. Unless things change I see White and Jenkins our top

2 receivers for a while. I believe Jenkins does just enough in their eyes to keep his #2 spot. So I don't think

The thing is, our team is in a position where we can start elevating parts of our team to elite status.

We are definitely a good Offense with Jenkins, but If we had a guy who could be a legitimate threat across from Roddy, our Offense would be a top 5 unit every year. Look at the Eagles, they had DeSean Jackson, but that did not stop them from getting Jeremy Maclin.

Now the Eagles are virtually unstoppable when they put the ball in the air.

Unlike our first 3 years, we don't really have many gaping holes. This is the time when you have the flexibility to start formulating something special.

Tend to agree with Hawk. I was skeptical of Jenks abilities but the offense seems to flow better now that he has returned. He also has a rapport & trust with Ryan. He has made some big catches late in the game.

Many believe that having two #1Wr type receivers is the best. In many cases it works for a short time but ultimately it either brings disharmony to a team or one leaves at first opportunity. TD & MS have said numerous times that they intend to build a team that is "relative" for many years.

I personally don't think we will go with WR in Rd 1 where you pick #1 type receivers. We may draft one in later rounds that will bring unique contribution to team ie one that is an explosive returner to compete with Weems or tall/big target receiver to replace Finn