How should I view the Saints win?

ThunderCookie

So just to clear it up - it's OK to lump all Saints fans into the base hater archetype just as long as the same favor is not returned to you...?

This is unique to Saints fans, HR? You are being dishonest.

On your first point... Touche. I can't count how many times I have complimented the Saints only to have some of the Saints fans read it as if it said, "Falcons falcons falcons...Atlanta, falcons falcons." But, I only cry foul when someone replies directly to me while lumping all fans together. This was a generalized post about the general themes that have been posted in here generally and sometimes by General Lee.

As to being unique to Saints fans,of course not. I have made it no secret as to why I avoid TATF. But if someone is wearing a blue shirt and blue pants, and I only point out the blue shirt... This doesn't mean I am being dishonest about the pants. It would be dishonest if I held them to different standards.

I get your point and agree with your ideal. Fanbases do indefensible things though like crowing about a win while simultaneously tearing down their opponent thereby cheapening the very victory they're celebrating. :rolleyes:

I just don't know that you can straight-faced call out a rival fanbase while overlooking the fact that yours was anything but magnanimous last season. Good to see you were better than that.

BTW, I disagree with your take on the NFCCG. :PB)

Last season? Heck, I have had to point out to some of my brethren that the Saints do not suck this season. They act as if the Saints wins and losses are reversed. Actually, I think I spent all last season arguing with NOLA about stats vs. circumstances.

I think since RC is a smaller group than TATF or Saints Report or Jean Short Weekly or the Carolina (we took Panthers out of our name because we are embarrassed) Huddle, then it is possible to hold all sides to a higher standard. Just as an example, I did back up the Saint fans when a Falcon fan tried to blast the Saints for running up the score and then defended a middle finger two point conversion against the Rams.

Last season? Heck, I have had to point out to some of my brethren that the Saints do not suck this season. They act as if the Saints wins and losses are reversed. Actually, I think I spent all last season arguing with NOLA about stats vs. circumstances.

I think since RC is a smaller group than TATF or Saints Report or Jean Short Weekly or the Carolina (we took Panthers out of our name because we are embarrassed) Huddle, then it is possible to hold all sides to a higher standard. Just as an example, I did back up the Saint fans when a Falcon fan tried to blast the Saints for running up the score and then defended a middle finger two point conversion against the Rams.

which, by the way, was awesome.

I am not sure how to view the Saints win.

Last night I looked at it like I have viewed several Falcon games this season:

Gutsy, poised, and the kind of win that separates good from great.

But should I look at it like a Saint fan? That it doesn't even count:

1. Y'all blew a big lead, so you are lucky and suck.

2. Y'all played a back up qb, so you are lucky and you suck.

3. Y'all got lucky because there was a timely fumble, so you are lucky and you suck.

4. Y'all only won by 3 against a 3-8 team no matter what the mitigating circumstances, so you are lucky and you suck.

So which standard should I use Saints fans? My standards (which means the Saints had a great win) or your standards for the Falcons (which means it was lucky and you suck)?

You should judge the Saints by the following standard >>>

8-3 record so far in 2010 AND the reigning Super Bowl Champions.

(That's sucking for ya)

You should judge the Saints by the following standard >>>

8-3 record so far in 2010 AND the reigning Super Bowl Champions.

(That's sucking for ya)

He's not saying the Saints suck, he's making a valid point. Had the falcons blown a 17 point lead to any 3 win team, you Saint fans would spin it to further your agenda.

Example1: If the Fail-clowns can't put away (insert bad team) what are they gonna do when they play a real team?

Example2: How is Atlanta going to win a play-off game when they have to rely on lucky plays to bail them out against inferior teams.

Example3: If the Falcons had a real defense like the Saints, you would have held onto the lead.

Look I get it, your a rival fan that will not admit that the Falcons are a good team.

I have to the store, when I get back I'll start a thread and quote all your Saintly brethren, so you can see the spin I'm referring to.

I think since RC is a smaller group than TATF or Saints Report or Jean Short Weekly or the Carolina (we took Panthers out of our name because we are embarrassed) Huddle, then it is possible to hold all sides to a higher standard.

I'm here cause reading some different perspectives adds to my enjoyment of the season. Consider me on board.

If I were a Falcons fan, my view of that Dallas game is Saints are very capable of beating the opposing team despite the "home cooking officiating" in said opponents stadium. That would worry me if I were a Falcon fan, lollol :ph34r:

What worries us is the fact you still make all the excuses you do. Beating you guys is just another game! Kind of the way John Lennon said since Paul McCartney left the Beatles he was 'just Another Day' get it? :D

What worries us is the fact you still make all the excuses you do. Beating you guys is just another game! Kind of the way John Lennon said since Paul McCartney left the Beatles he was 'just Another Day' get it? :D

Thats what it is! ANOTHER GAME!

after you lose sunday though, that monday game will be HUGE!