How should I view the Saints win?

ThunderCookie

I am not sure how to view the Saints win.

Last night I looked at it like I have viewed several Falcon games this season:

Gutsy, poised, and the kind of win that separates good from great.

But should I look at it like a Saint fan? That it doesn't even count:

1. Y'all blew a big lead, so you are lucky and suck.

2. Y'all played a back up qb, so you are lucky and you suck.

3. Y'all got lucky because there was a timely fumble, so you are lucky and you suck.

4. Y'all only won by 3 against a 3-8 team no matter what the mitigating circumstances, so you are lucky and you suck.

So which standard should I use Saints fans? My standards (which means the Saints had a great win) or your standards for the Falcons (which means it was lucky and you suck)?

3. Y'all got lucky because there was a timely fumble, so you are lucky and you suck.

4. Y'all only won by 3 against a 3-8 team no matter what the mitigating circumstances, so you are lucky and you suck.

So which standard should I use Saints fans? My standards (which means the Saints had a great win) or your standards for the Falcons (which means it was lucky and you suck)?

Great post HR. One they will find hard to refute!

Great post HR. One they will find hard to refute!

agreed. and before they break out the whole "the cowboys have a TON of talent on both sides of the football, look at all of their playmakers!!", they need to look at the record of that "talent ridden cowboys team". 3-7, well now 3-8. Obviously that talent has failed to translate into actual playmaking ability for a full 60 minutes more times than not for the cowboys. I am now even more eagerly anticipating the packers game on sunday, i wonder what the "ANALysts" would have to say about the falcons beating a surging packers team..

Idk. Be consistant is my advice. What was your standard toward the Saints last season? I've already seen what the bulk of your fanbase has chosen and they've stayed true to themselves. :P

The bigger question is why you expect rivals to give better than they're given. I guess that's just part of the enigma which makes up you complicated falcon fans. ;)

It's simple really, they will spin it in the direction that supports the notion that the Falcons are not a good team.

White strips the 49ers LB after an interception late in the 4th quarter= Falcons got lucky

Williams gets stripped by a Saints DB late in the 4th quarter= He made a great play

Falcons blow a 13 point lead to the Ravens= Atlanta can't finish other teams

Saints blow a 17 point lead to the Cowboys= They were a talented team that made some plays

Saints miss a 29 yard FG= Falcons are lucky

Saints recover a "muffed" punt against Atlanta= He made a great play

Saints win 4 in a row= We're the hunter

Falcons win 4 in a row= Your still getting lucky

It's simple really, they will spin it in the direction that supports the notion that the Falcons are not a good team.

White strips the 49ers LB after an interception late in the 4th quarter= Falcons got lucky

Williams gets stripped by a Saints DB late in the 4th quarter= He made a great play

Saints blow a 17 point lead to the Cowboys= They were a talented team that made some plays

R u insecure with ur team? Don't blame saints fans for ur insecurities!

Typical saints fans fodder! :lol:

R u insecure with ur team? Don't blame saints fans for ur insecurities!

Insecure?!? You mega-flaming-homer we are in first place in the whole NFC. What is there to be insecure about? You just can't accept that the Falcons are a better team than the Saints. We have already beat you once to prove it. That's why you tards spin every single thing fact that shows Atlanta is a good team. I think your the ones that are insecure, don't worry your little dream of "Two-Dat' will be over in a month as we complete the sweep and you Saint trolls disappear until August.

Insecure?!? You mega-flaming-homer we are in first place in the whole NFC. What is there to be insecure about? You just can't accept that the Falcons are a better team than the Saints. We have already beat you once to prove it. That's why you tards spin every single thing fact that shows Atlanta is a good team. I think your the ones that are insecure, don't worry your little dream of "Two-Dat' will be over in a month as we complete the sweep and you Saint trolls disappear until August.

You bested swamper, aka SK. Just call that a small victory and nothing more! :D

Idk. Be consistant is my advice. What was your standard toward the Saints last season? I've already seen what the bulk of your fanbase has chosen and they've stayed true to themselves. :P

The bigger question is why you expect rivals to give better than they're given. I guess that's just part of the enigma which makes up you complicated falcon fans. ;)

What was my standard for the Saints last year? That they were a dominate team that got away with murder in the NFCCG only to go on and win the SB in amazing style? Not really sure how that applies to this game?

And the bigger question is why you would prefer to behave like someone you degrade rather than rise above it? I guess this is just part of what makes you a simple Saints fan.

What was my standard for the Saints last year? That they were a dominate team that got away with murder in the NFCCG only to go on and win the SB in amazing style? Not really sure how that applies to this game?

And the bigger question is why you would prefer to behave like someone you degrade rather than rise above it? I guess this is just part of what makes you a simple Saints fan.

The short of it is, they need big brothers approval, love, and praise. If we don't give it to them they then try and dismantle our winning success. Same MO for saints fans ever since I've been on the AFMBs...which has been a long time!

Mega flaming homer! Hahahahahaha

Even IF u win on the 27th we still are n 5th u ******* tard! That's a wc spot dumbass.

Did I strike a nerve?!!! The only rung that shows ur better is ur record. Can't spin that. But if u want to argue other stats I'm ready!

The short of it is, they need big brothers approval, love, and praise. If we don't give it to them they then try and dismantle our winning success. Same MO for saints fans ever since I've been on the AFMBs...which has been a long time!

If ur the big brother, I don't want to be like u!

No sb!!! Not what I want my team to be like! So u keep the big brother title and I'll take the better brother title!

Mega flaming homer! Hahahahahaha

Even IF u win on the 27th we still are n 5th u ******* tard! That's a wc spot dumbass.

Did I strike a nerve?!!! The only rung that shows ur better is ur record. Can't spin that. But if u want to argue other stats I'm ready!

"The only rung that shows your better is your record" that and the fact we have ALREADY beat you. Go ahead spin it luck/refs/injuries it won't matter in a month, when we complete the sweep!

If ur the big brother, I don't want to be like u!

No sb!!! Not what I want my team to be like! So u keep the big brother title and I'll take the better brother title!

MOST LITTLE BROTHERS DON'T WANT TO BE LIKE

BIG BROTHER. THE TITLE,"BIG BROTHER" IS NOT ONE

OF ACCOMPLISHMENT, IT IS ONE OF BIRTH RIGHT. B)

"The only rung that shows your better is your record" that and the fact we have ALREADY beat you. Go ahead spin it luck/refs/injuries it won't matter in a month, when we complete the sweep!

And after we SPANK u on the 27th, u can keep the broom from the sweep last year!

I get your point and agree with your ideal. Fanbases do indefensible things though like crowing about a win while simultaneously tearing down their opponent thereby cheapening the very victory they're celebrating. :rolleyes:

I just don't know that you can straight-faced call out a rival fanbase while overlooking the fact that yours was anything but magnanimous last season. Good to see you were better than that.

BTW, I disagree with your take on the NFCCG. :PB)

So just to clear it up - it's OK to lump all Saints fans into the base hater archetype just as long as the same favor is not returned to you...?

This is unique to Saints fans, HR? You are being dishonest.