Would you come in on a Monday if your boss gave you the day off?

john_winger

Gonzalez liked what happened on Monday and thinks it bodes well for the Falcons. Coach Mike Smith gave the team the day off as a "Victory Monday."

"Everyone still came in here," Gonzalez said. "We were working out and watching film, all of that good stuff. That's the sign of a good team. That's a sign of a mature team. It's something that we can take with us week in and week out and see how far we can take this thing."

AJC article on Tony G

I think that is awesome. One other thing I want to point out - If the Falcons win on Sunday, that will be the third winning season in a row, and you have not heard a peep out of the Falcons about that. You know why? Because they have their sights set higher than that. A few weeks ago, I realized this team had a shot at not only having successive back to back seasons, but three in a row (because of the Panties, who may not win another game this year). Mike Smith and the organization is looking way past that. They are talking rings, but still doing it one game at a time.

Beat the Pack, boys! And Roddy - don't do the elbow to the face on Sunday, ok my brother?

The only area of concern I have in terms of matching the overall team mentality comes in the backend of the defense.

I think the intensity of the secondary could, and should, take it up a notch on the field.

I agree. Taking away the passing game (or at least putting a sizeable dent in it) would make this a much easier win.

Great question to ask and it looks like our Falcons are really serious about maintaining their focus on 'one game at a time', and understanding that good preparation is the pathway to success in every game. One of the things that's different for this team compared to teams in the past is expectations. The expectation that the players and the coaches are in control and that we will win: even when it's a close game or if the Falcons have given up a lead late in the game. In years past, you could sense and feel the old "here we go again...about to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory": both on the field and in the stands. But not this season.

Building this positive expectation for victory is something that the Patriots have had for years and it looks like TD and Smitty have implemented the same positive expectations here. I like what I'm seeing from the players and coaches. Makes me proud to be a STH!

WinningAttitude.jpg

AJC article on Tony G

I think that is awesome. One other thing I want to point out - If the Falcons win on Sunday, that will be the third winning season in a row, and you have not heard a peep out of the Falcons about that. You know why? Because they have their sights set higher than that. A few weeks ago, I realized this team had a shot at not only having successive back to back seasons, but three in a row (because of the Panties, who may not win another game this year). Mike Smith and the organization is looking way past that. They are talking rings, but still doing it one game at a time.

Beat the Pack, boys! And Roddy - don't do the elbow to the face on Sunday, ok my brother?

GREAT FIND JW!

Thanx for that article as I'm even more proud of this team. :D

My first Employment in Graphics was

with a really cool company and all of the employees

were outstanding people to know.

If I did not have something already planned, and the doors

were open, I would go in and take care of my workstation,

to set myself up for a clean run, or anything that would

help the company to get a jump on the schedule.

Guest AtlWhite84

My first Employment in Graphics was

with a really cool company and all of the employees

were outstanding people to know.

If I did not have something already planned, and the doors

were open, I would go in and take care of my workstation,

to set myself up for a clean run, or anything that would

help the company to get a jump on the schedule.

Yeah I think it was more rhetorical.

Exactly, NF.

Past seasons you might be happy with the progress so far, and accept whatever happens from here on out. Not this season. This team wants more. This team wants it all, and it is exemplified from every play, every player, and every game.

Let's do it boys.

Agreed. When Baltimore took that lead I told everyone in my section within and earshot that we will win because with #2 at the helm, 70+ seconds is more than enough time. I was beyond confident we would find a way to win.

Would I have felt this way in years past. Honestly I'd like to say yes...but all of us longtime fans can say the answer would be "NO".

that impresses me a lot. for the players to come in and do work on their own accord is nothing but impressive. most guys would be home asleep or doing something else. this team is ready for the packers

You sir need to change your signature immediately and apologize to Mike Smith.

The only area of concern I have in terms of matching the overall team mentality comes in the backend of the defense.

I think the intensity of the secondary could, and should, take it up a notch on the field.

The funny thing is, this secondary is very young. While they are not playing their best, they are still playing real good. You just have to love the attitude that Moore and DeCoud brings to the table.

The funny thing is, this secondary is very young. While they are not playing their best, they are still playing real good. You just have to love the attitude that Moore and DeCoud brings to the table.

Real surprised that DeCoud hasn't taken the leaps and bounds in production that we were all hoping.

He isn't doing awful, just isn't making all those plays we saw him make last season. Maybe the coaches changed his responsibilities, but we have all seen him not making as much of an impact in the run game either. Oh well...he should be fine.

Gonzalez liked what happened on Monday and thinks it bodes well for the Falcons. Coach Mike Smith gave the team the day off as a "Victory Monday."

"Everyone still came in here," Gonzalez said. "We were working out and watching film, all of that good stuff. That's the sign of a good team. That's a sign of a mature team. It's something that we can take with us week in and week out and see how far we can take this thing."

AJC article on Tony G

This is really something to take note of !!!!!!!!!!

RISE UP DIRTY BIRDS

BEAT THEM FUDGE PACKERS

TO H3LL WITH THE STANKS

GO FALCONS !!!!!!!!!!!!!