Dunta better be ready for Aaron Rodger

Vikings CB Chris Cook was benched for ineffective play during Sunday's loss to the Packers.

Aaron Rodgers picked on Cook relentlessly, forcing the rookie to the sidelines in favor of Asher Allen. Rodgers then lit up Allen. This right corner spot has been a liability for the Vikings ever since Cedric Griffin (knee) went down, and it doesn't figure to get better anytime soon.

Aaron Rodger killed 2 CB's yesterday.

All starts with pressure up front. Why it was good Abe rested up yesterday. The Vikings haven't been able to get any pressure on the QB all year. Jared Allen has been a non factor. No pass rush leaves your CB's out on an island and ultimately they are going to lose their battles 9 times out of 10 with no pressure up front.

If you pressure Rodgers he will hold on to the ball and you will sack him. Thing is, is that you can never get in his head. He is the most cool, calm, and collective QB I have seen in years. Seems like nothing bothers him.

But if you give him time he will dissect you. He will rip your DB's to shreds. We have weapons and he knows how to use them. But if you pressure him early and often you can capitalize.

If you pressure Rodgers he will hold on to the ball and you will sack him. Thing is, is that you can never get in his head. He is the most cool, calm, and collective QB I have seen in years. Seems like nothing bothers him.

But if you give him time he will dissect you. He will rip your DB's to shreds. We have weapons and he knows how to use them. But if you pressure him early and often you can capitalize.

Rodgers is going to get his 300 yards. there run game is just decoy to set up the pass game. They havent had a consistent run game since Ahmed Green. The problem with containing Rodgers is he has an annoying quick release (the playbook is almost twofold with just that attribute). Very accurate and has decent pocket awareness. Rodgers for the last few years has played on his back because of poor protection. They have gotten better this year. We need to attack him early and relentlessly. We need to break their pockets from inside and the edges. If we can disrupt him and rattle him early, he may question his mechanics and even throw less accurate and may force balls too.

IMO, we need to treat this as any other game. We need to play our game.

Rodgers is going to get his 300 yards. there run game is just decoy to set up the pass game. They havent had a consistent run game since Ahmed Green. The problem with containing Rodgers is he has an annoying quick release (the playbook is almost twofold with just that attribute). Very accurate and has decent pocket awareness. Rodgers for the last few years has played on his back because of poor protection. They have gotten better this year. We need to attack him early and relentlessly. We need to break their pockets from inside and the edges. If we can disrupt him and rattle him early, he may question his mechanics and even throw less accurate and may force balls too.

IMO, we need to treat this as any other game. We need to play our game.

Woa, woa, woa..... Not a consistent running game since Ahman Green? Sorry, but Grant just went down this year. He has been averaging 1200 yards and 8 TD's for the last few years. I would say that is consistent.

Then I sure as heck hope John Abraham is back for us :)

Just a note for Dom Capers, if you pressure Matt Ryan he will destroy you. It is absolutely impossible to get into his head. You say Rodgers is cool, calm and collected? I give you that with Ryan, and add that when pressured Ryan will instantly read the soft coverage and you'll watch as Roddy White zooms for 20+ or Gonzalez or Jenkins converts that first down. The way to beat Ryan is to play cerebral defense and keep him from nickel and diming you to death. I say this with all love for Matt Ryan: his passing will absolutely bore you to tears and next thing you know he's got 2 or 3TDs and has never even touched the turf at the Georgia Dome. Teams still don't seem to understand that blitzing on 3rd down is the absolute stupidest thing you can do to Ryan.

Is he unstoppable? Of course not, and I don't doubt that Rodgers is physically a better QB and with our defense I'm sure Rodgers is probably going to look statistically amazing on Sunday. But the Falcons are a mirage team...you go out, score a fast TD on them and think everything's hunky dory, then Atlanta has a textbook 8 or 9 minute drive, scores, gets the ball back, has an 8 or 9 minute drive, scores and so on. Scoring fast on the Falcons works ONLY if you can keep doing it, ala the Eagles. That's what scares me about you guys...that Rodgers will be able to nullify what makes the Falcons so great (and so maddening to sports analysts).

Sorry if this was rambling :lol:

All starts with pressure up front. Why it was good Abe rested up yesterday. The Vikings haven't been able to get any pressure on the QB all year. Jared Allen has been a non factor. No pass rush leaves your CB's out on an island and ultimately they are going to lose their battles 9 times out of 10 with no pressure up front.

WHAT HE SAID!!!!!!!

Woa, woa, woa..... Not a consistent running game since Ahman Green? Sorry, but Grant just went down this year. He has been averaging 1200 yards and 8 TD's for the last few years. I would say that is consistent.

this thread isnt about grant but i will bite just this once since i lived in minnesota for a time and had to hear about the annoying packers.

grant had only 2 years 1200 yard rushing games. both years he played less than 50 yards or almost non-existant run games against the vikings or teams with solid run defense. his so called explosive plays were against teams with no run def. he gets injured alot, foot injury, knee injury last couple seasons and plays soft. his best year was actually his rookie season where he posted 900 yard rushing and ran through people.

so hes injured again? did i not say inconsistent? please dont post anything else on grant vs. green. if you want, send me PM's. we should try to keep this dunta vs rodgers.

Then I sure as heck hope John Abraham is back for us :)

Just a note for Dom Capers, if you pressure Matt Ryan he will destroy you. It is absolutely impossible to get into his head. You say Rodgers is cool, calm and collected? I give you that with Ryan, and add that when pressured Ryan will instantly read the soft coverage and you'll watch as Roddy White zooms for 20+ or Gonzalez or Jenkins converts that first down. The way to beat Ryan is to play cerebral defense and keep him from nickel and diming you to death. I say this with all love for Matt Ryan: his passing will absolutely bore you to tears and next thing you know he's got 2 or 3TDs and has never even touched the turf at the Georgia Dome. Teams still don't seem to understand that blitzing on 3rd down is the absolute stupidest thing you can do to Ryan.

Is he unstoppable? Of course not, and I don't doubt that Rodgers is physically a better QB and with our defense I'm sure Rodgers is probably going to look statistically amazing on Sunday. But the Falcons are a mirage team...you go out, score a fast TD on them and think everything's hunky dory, then Atlanta has a textbook 8 or 9 minute drive, scores, gets the ball back, has an 8 or 9 minute drive, scores and so on. Scoring fast on the Falcons works ONLY if you can keep doing it, ala the Eagles. That's what scares me about you guys...that Rodgers will be able to nullify what makes the Falcons so great (and so maddening to sports analysts).

Sorry if this was rambling :lol:

Wow thats exactly how I feel +1 for you good sir!!!

this thread isnt about grant but i will bite just this once since i lived in minnesota for a time and had to hear about the annoying packers.

grant had only 2 years 1200 yard rushing games. both years he played less than 50 yards or almost non-existant run games against the vikings or teams with solid run defense. his so called explosive plays were against teams with no run def. he gets injured alot, foot injury, knee injury last couple seasons and plays soft. his best year was actually his rookie season where he posted 900 yard rushing and ran through people.

so hes injured again? did i not say inconsistent? please dont post anything else on grant vs. green. if you want, send me PM's. we should try to keep this dunta vs rodgers.

Until this year's injury, Ryan Grant has played in 47 out of a possible 48 games. He's had 956, 1203 and 1253 yards rushing in that time. That is as consistent as Ahman Green was at that stage of his career. So, like the man said, whoa.