Mike Vick says he cheated the Falcons

Geneaut

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, if you say he didn't cheat the Falcons you're either blind, lying to yourself, or in denial. He was the last one in and the first out of the building. I hate to say prison builds character, but in his case it did. Glad to see he's playing well, sad to see it took prison to make him want to. He's gone now, so who cares?

Isn't it possible to love Vick and support our QB?

Yes, but it is NOT possible to love Vick and be a decent human being with a conscience, morality, and who has their priorities in order. Michael Vick is a cruel, sadistic, psychopathic individual, and a gambler. A criminal. Anyone who supports him supports cruelty, vicious sadism, and prioritizes performance on a football field over real life morality and decency.

If you love and support Michael Vick, you are still free to love and cheer for the Falcons and Matt Ryan as well; I would personally prefer you didn't, though, and would rather all Vick lovers/supporters crawl on your bellies off to cheer for the Eagles. Unfortunately, my personal preferences are that, and nothing more; neither I nor anyone else has the personal right to drive you away.

But I would if I were free to do so.

Yes, but it is NOT possible to love Vick and be a decent human being with a conscience, morality, and who has their priorities in order. Michael Vick is a cruel, sadistic, psychopathic individual, and a gambler. A criminal. Anyone who supports him supports cruelty, vicious sadism, and prioritizes performance on a football field over real life morality and decency.

If you love and support Michael Vick, you are still free to love and cheer for the Falcons and Matt Ryan as well; I would personally prefer you didn't, though, and would rather all Vick lovers/supporters crawl on your bellies off to cheer for the Eagles. Unfortunately, my personal preferences are that, and nothing more; neither I nor anyone else has the personal right to drive you away.

But I would if I were free to do so.

I stopped reading after you said that you can't love Vick and be a decent Human b :lol: eing....

The reason I stopped reading is because you know nothing about "forgiveness." Where would you be without it?

:)

"Forgiveness" does not alter what someone is, or what they have done. You seek only an excuse to cheer on a tremendous athlete and a fantastic entertainer on the field. If he were a player the caliber of--- pulling a name from a hat--- Brooks Bollinger, who can't keep a job in a lesser league--- would you be as "forgiving"? Would you even notice if he claimed to have "reformed"?

Hypocrisy. Does it keep you warm at night?

"Forgiveness" does not alter what someone is, or what they have done. You seek only an excuse to cheer on a tremendous athlete and a fantastic entertainer on the field. If he were a player the caliber of--- pulling a name from a hat--- Brooks Bollinger, who can't keep a job in a lesser league--- would you be as "forgiving"? Would you even notice if he claimed to have "reformed"?

Hypocrisy. Does it keep you warm at night?

Forgiveness mean that you can finally move on with your life after someone has seriously affected you...

Mike Vick says he cheated the Falcons

Posted by Mike Florio on November 21, 2010, 5:26 PM EST

As the redemption phase of quarterback Mike Vick’s career hits high gear, Vick reflected on his past during an exclusive interview with Bob Costas of NBC’s Football Night in America.

During the interview, which will air tonight (the show starts at 7:00 p.m. ET), Costas asks Vick whether he believes he cheated the Falcons, the organization that made Vick the first overall pick in the 2001 draft.

“In so many ways, I do,” Vick said. “I feel like I cheated the organization. I didn’t give them my all. I gave them everything on the field, 100 percent but sometimes that’s not enough.”

Vick said that he now spends much more time working on his game.

“This time around, I just wanted to work harder than I ever worked before, not shortchange myself. I didn’t put in the work and the time and the effort. I didn’t dedicate myself the way I do now,” Vick said.

That dedication has resulted in Vick having no turnovers in his six game appearances, with five starts. He’ll try to push the Eagles to 7-3 on Sunday night against the Giants.

I seem to remember this game against Carolina in December of 2005.....

Forgiveness mean that you can finally move on with your life after someone has seriously affected you...

He did not seriously affect me.

He tortured dogs and puppies for cruel entertainment, both fighting them and slaughtering them. He personally participated in the hanging of several dogs. He participated in the electrocution of dogs. He did so for sadistic amusement. "Forgiveness" does not change or alter the reality of these actions. To me, brilliant performance on a football field--- in any uniform--- does not warrant forgiveness of these heinous actions.

You appear to prioritize entertaining runs and passes over decency and humanity. Again I ask: if his career path had gone the route of Brooks Bollinger after his prison term, would you have been so supportive and forgiving? I think not.

He did not seriously affect me.

He tortured dogs and puppies for cruel entertainment, both fighting them and slaughtering them. He personally participated in the hanging of several dogs. He participated in the electrocution of dogs. He did so for sadistic amusement. "Forgiveness" does not change or alter the reality of these actions. To me, brilliant performance on a football field--- in any uniform--- does not warrant forgiveness of these heinous actions.

You appear to prioritize entertaining runs and passes over decency and humanity. Again I ask: if his career path had gone the route of Brooks Bollinger after his prison term, would you have been so supportive and forgiving? I think not.

You sound "vitimized" no pun intended. Get over what he did...and fight against abortion because that is killing human beings...

Just my opinion but its sort of a relief to watch him run around with another team. I know when he was a Falcon and he began to move out of the pocket or the game got down to cruntch time I would become nervous as **** because I never knew what this guy was going to do next. For every last second Superman dive into the endzone there was also a game where Vick couldn't hit water if he was standing in a boat.

Its much more relaxing to sit back and appreciate his style of play when he's doing it for somebody else.

I'm still angry at how he never gave us his full attention sure but at the end of the day we ended up with Smith and Ryan and eventually those two will will earn us a ring.

1) You sound "vitimized" no pun intended.

2) Get over what he did...

3) and fight against abortion because that is killing human beings...

1) Learn to spell-check.

2) "Get over it" = cheering for a criminal, a sadist, and a psychopath because he can run fast and throw a football?

3) Complete nonsense. Not only does politics have no place in this discussion, you don't know what my politics are. You don't know what my stance is on this issue (nor shall I discuss it in this forum).

1) Learn to spell-check.

2) "Get over it" = cheering for a criminal, a sadist, and a psychopath because he can run fast and throw a football?

3) Complete nonsense. Not only does politics have no place in this discussion, you don't know what my politics are. You don't know what my stance is on this issue (nor shall I discuss it in this forum).

You are the one putting the man in trial AGAIN for a crime that he has served. You want to see him fail and its okay, but you need to learn to forgive no only Vick but other in your life or you will be a miserable old fellow...;)

Do you think Vick knows or even cares how YOU feel...no. So move on. It's a good comeback story, so that's why I cheer for him. For all we know, you could be a "criminal" but no one even cares...

1) You are the one putting the man in trial AGAIN for a crime that he has served.

2) You want to see him fail and its okay, but

3) you need to learn to forgive no only Vick but other in your life or you will be a miserable old fellow...;)

4) Do you think Vick knows or even cares how YOU feel...no. So move on. It's a good comeback story, so that's why I cheer for him. For all we know, you could be a "criminal" but no one even cares...

1) I'm not putting him on trial. A trial is a process of ascertaining guilt or innocence. I already KNOW he's guilty.

2) I don't care if he succeeds or fails. His success or failure is irrelevant to me. It does not factor in to my loathing of him, nor does it ameliorate his horrific actions.

3) You'll understand if I don't take life-lessons from a person who bases forgiveness on how entertaining an athlete is?

4) Neither Vick's feelings towards me, nor his awareness of me, have any more bearing on what he did and why he did it than his on-field performance does.

Edited by Big Rob 64