One more win and then.........

But we are looking for so much more this season!

And that's the beauty of it. I keep saying this: pretty much from the get-go, we have taken for granted that this would be a winning season. The real questions were, "Homefield in the play-offs?" "How deep in the play-offs?"

To take back to back to back winning seasons as a foregone conclusion, given that dismal monkey, in only Year 3 of the new regime? That's pretty amazing.

I was thinking the same thing when I saw the title of this post. "With our 8th win someone will be starting a back to back to back topic soon." We've all but assured ourselves of at least a .500 season, but it would take an EPIC collapse for us not to 1) have the third straight winning season 2) not make the playoffs and 3) do some serious damage in the postseason.

Hey I like Coach Smith's total focus on "the next game."

So in that context, I too will be happy to check the next milestone off of our preseason check list: "a winning season." Which will also allow us to put a checkmark next to the goal this franchise has NEVER accomplished: "establish a winning tradition."

There is still a LOT of football left to play, and I am trying hard to stay with Coach Smith and the "one game at a time" philosophy.

But in my dreams at night, I am starting to really think BIG for this team in the postseason.

Edited by FalconFanForLife

Brian St. Pierre says at the worse we'll be 10-6. We'd have to lay a huge egg to get that record.

Brian St. Pierre the canadian politician or the panthers 4th string QB? Prolly doesn't matter since neither has enough football knowledge to forecast football records.

Edited by The Great American

And that's the beauty of it. I keep saying this: pretty much from the get-go, we have taken for granted that this would be a winning season. The real questions were, "Homefield in the play-offs?" "How deep in the play-offs?"

To take back to back to back winning seasons as a foregone conclusion, given that dismal monkey, in only Year 3 of the new regime? That's pretty amazing.

**** I hate to get ahead of ourselves if for no other reason I am enjoying the **** out of watching the Falcons play each week. I hate for the season to be winding down,that said take care of business against a **** good Packer team and then we will see.

For me anything less than a NFC championship game here is gonna be a huge let down.

**** I hate to get ahead of ourselves if for no other reason I am enjoying the **** out of watching the Falcons play each week. I hate for the season to be winding down,that said take care of business against a **** good Packer team and then we will see.

For me anything less than a NFC championship game here is gonna be a huge let down.

I SAY, "LETS STICK TO THE PLANE."

ONE WEEK AT A TIME. THE REST WILL

FALL INTO PLACE.

Screw back to back to back winning seasons we need atleast one playoff win now.

And how do you get playoff wins? By winning in the regular season to get to the playoffs- falcons should be assured of getting in the playoffs- they have 2 games against the panthers, that should be ten wins right there.

Next step is winning the division, then a home playoff game, then a bye, then home field advantage through out the playoffs- might have those slightly out of order, but all those require winning regular season games first.