Daily Football Recruit Evaluation

Yeah, man, sucks to be sick during the holidays. Hope you can at least enjoy new year's eve.

I've never had the flu and I've never had a flu shot. I'm not one of those tards who thinks inoculations give their kids autism - we don't need small pox or anything like that popping up - but I don't trust those flu vaccines.

I actually had to get my first one this yr. It was either where a mask around the hospital the whole rotation (which is terrible) or get the flu shot. Some people are still getting the flu even after they got the shot... But I really do not like them either though.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually had to get my first one this yr. It was either where a mask around the hospital the whole rotation (which is terrible) or get the flu shot. Some people are still getting the flu even after they got the shot... But I really do not like them either though.

Are you a nurse, orderly or doctor, if you don't mind my asking?

Grad pharmacy school in may

See I was gonna put pharmacist in my original question, but I thought "no way they would require somebody with that amount of patient contact to wear a mask." I don't know if I could be around all those wonderful pills all day. It would be like asking that girl from "Precious" to work at a bakery. Anyway since this is a Falcon's board I feel compelled to share this: I grew up with a girl who became a hospital's head pharmacist who was arrested for attending a dog fight in high school.

x350.jpg

Jay Rome

Valdosta High School

6'6 250

40 yard: 4.7

Season stats: 30 catches, 586 yards, 4 TDs

Strengths:

* Size

* 3rd down threat

* Keeps feet moving after the catch

* Hands

* Effort

Weaknesses:

* Consistency

Jay Rome is a really good looking prospect. He has a chance to have an immediate impact and he also projects well to the pro level. He has great size and hands which will make him a threat on 3rd down in his freshman year. Rome isn't an Orson Charles type guy after the catch but I LOVE how Rome runs his feet and fights after the catch. He has very few weaknesses but I would like to see him produce a little more in the passing game. This could be attributed to routes or focus but I feel like he should be dominant at the HS level given his size and pass catching ability. I would also like to see him put on a little more strength but that should come quickly; I expect him to play at around 260 pounds throughout his career. He is simply a very good all-around prospect.

Another top tight end prospect is Nick O'Leary who is widely considered an FSU lean. O'Leary is very similar to Georgia tight end Orson Charles. He doesn't quite have the size of Rome but in my opinion, O'Leary is the best pass catcher in the country. He has a tendency to come down with balls nobody else on the field can grab. O'Leary doesn't have the long term potential and I don't think he'll be as physically dominant as Rome. O'Leary is just a more pass-oriented tight end and Rome is very well rounded.

Best case scenerio: Mix of Greg Olson and Antonio Gates.

Film:

x350.jpg

Jay Rome

Valdosta High School

6'6 250

40 yard: 4.7

Season stats: 30 catches, 586 yards, 4 TDs

Strengths:

* Size

* 3rd down threat

* Keeps feet moving after the catch

* Hands

* Effort

Weaknesses:

* Consistency

Jay Rome is a really good looking prospect. He has a chance to have an immediate impact and he also projects well to the pro level. He has great size and hands which will make him a threat on 3rd down in his freshman year. Rome isn't an Orson Charles type guy after the catch but I LOVE how Rome runs his feet and fights after the catch. He has very few weaknesses but I would like to see him produce a little more in the passing game. This could be attributed to routes or focus but I feel like he should be dominant at the HS level given his size and pass catching ability. I would also like to see him put on a little more strength but that should come quickly; I expect him to play at around 260 pounds throughout his career. He is simply a very good all-around prospect.

Another top tight end prospect is Nick O'Leary who is widely considered an FSU lean. O'Leary is very similar to Georgia tight end Orson Charles. He doesn't quite have the size of Rome but in my opinion, O'Leary is the best pass catcher in the country. He has a tendency to come down with balls nobody else on the field can grab. O'Leary doesn't have the long term potential and I don't think he'll be as physically dominant as Rome. O'Leary is just a more pass-oriented tight end and Rome is very well rounded.

Best case scenerio: Mix of Greg Olson and Antonio Gates.

Film:

In terms of athleticism, how would you rate Rome? Is he closer to being kinda stiff with average hips like Pope or is he closer to an athletic freak like Ben Watson? It may seem like it but I'm not knocking Pope... he probably helped UGA more than any TE this past decade. I'm just mostly wondering about his hips.

Wait. That last sentence doesn't sound right.

Edited by Billy Ocean

I think he's a little more athletic than Pope but not quite as mobile as Watson/Orson. Rome can be a little stiff at times but that's why he's a tight end.

Yeah, I was thinking he would be somewhere in the middle.

It's not really fair to compare anyone to Watson from a physical standpoint.

Check out this, Watson was literally the strongest and fastest guy on the team:

The 6-foot-5, 255-pounder ran a 40-yard dash that was timed at sub-4.4 by several scouts. The highest time on the stopwatches was 4.44, Georgia strength coach Dave Van Halanger said, and Watsons time was faster than any of Georgias wide receivers or defensive backs.

Hes a freak, said a scout from the Baltimore Ravens.

Watson competed in the NFL Combine last month and only ran the 40 on Thursday. He let the rest of his marks from the Combine stand, including benchpressing 225 lbs 34 consecutive times.

http://georgia.scout.com/2/243842.html

Plus he did this:

In the NFL, though, the best way to sum up Watson is that he made the spectacular catches look routine and the routine catches look spectacular.

Edited by Billy Ocean

See I was gonna put pharmacist in my original question, but I thought "no way they would require somebody with that amount of patient contact to wear a mask." I don't know if I could be around all those wonderful pills all day. It would be like asking that girl from "Precious" to work at a bakery. Anyway since this is a Falcon's board I feel compelled to share this: I grew up with a girl who became a hospital's head pharmacist who was arrested for attending a dog fight in high school.

was the dog fight at bert's?

was the dog fight at bert's?

Ya know, I can't recall. It was in the mid 90s, I suck with names, and I didn't run with the dog fighting crowd. I seem to wanta say that the GBI was involved in the bust. I think there were people from surrounding counties and states involved. If the Press-Sentinel had archives it would be a big help right now.

King question on Rome, since he's really big now at 245-255, how much weight do you see him putting on (He may end up gaining muscle and losing any excuss weight and staying around the same). I just dont think we want him must bigger then 255-260 tops any thoughts?

Also can you do an eval for us?

Edited by Nick Flair

830295.jpg

Ramik Wilson & Kent Turene

Property of www.scout.com

Kent Turene

Boyd Anderson High School (FL)

6'3 230

40 yard: 4.65

Season stats:

Strengths:

* Plays low.

* Hitting ability.

* Size.

* Pass-rush ability / Run stop ability.

* Production.

* Competitiveness.

* Aggressiveness.

Weaknesses:

* Lateral quickness.

* Discipline.

* Needs to get in better shape.

* Pass coverage.

* Block shedding.

* Awareness.

Turene is an interesting prospect. He is a really big kid but he will be so much more physically imposing once he gets into a college weight program. I'm really impressed with how low Turene gets pre-snap and he stays like that throughout the play -- he looks like a tackle machine. I like how Turene plays down hill though and I feel like. I think he is some what comparable to AJ Johnson of Gainesville but I feel like Turene has a higher ceiling. Overall, I don't think Turene is really GREAT at one particular thing but he does some things well and he has a very high ceiling. In addition, I believe he is just a football player -- he had big time production, statistically, in the state of Florida. At this point, I believe Ramik Wilson is a better prospect at ILB but both guys have great potential and both would be outstanding additions to Georgia -- fitting the mold of an ILB in the 3-4 defense.

Best case scenerio: Josh Bynes of Auburn although Turene is a little more athletic and Bynes is a smarter, more instinctive football player.

Film: