Dog owner can't forgive Michael Vick

This dude is NOT remorseful of what he did, he is simply remorseful because it stopped his checks. You think in his heart he feels, "I wish I didn't do that to those poor dogs." NO!

Michael Vick deserves to live in a pile of dog sh!t for the rest of his life and instead, all of you that are supporting him along with the media are just plain disgusting.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought I was over the Vick thing, then 2 Weeks ago I had to put one of my dogs to sleep. It was one of the hardest things I have ever done. Cant imagine how he didnt feel bad about what he was doing.

He served his time, yes. But so do Murderers, Rapists, Child Molesters etc. Should they be forgiven for atrocities against man kind just because they spent time in prison even though the Victims and families are still suffering?

Are you F&^%$ serious???????? Comparing atrocities to humans with those of an animal?????? Are you SERIOUS!!!!!!!!!!! You have got to be kidding me!!!!!!!

This dude is NOT remorseful of what he did, he is simply remorseful because it stopped his checks. You think in his heart he feels, "I wish I didn't do that to those poor dogs." NO!

Michael Vick deserves to live in a pile of dog sh!t for the rest of his life and instead, all of you that are supporting him along with the media are just plain disgusting.

Niether is George Bush....

My guess is that if Mike Vick were still on the bench we wouldnt be kicking the can on the this topic.

I wonder if Philly is going to install more "wildcat" packages for the limited Mike Vick?

Just thought I would kick some of you "Q.B. experts" in the teeth like you continue to do with Vick.

I don't see this much ranting over humans being killed. There are kids abducted and murdered everyday in this country and no one gives a ****. Shut the phuck up with this ******** over these dogs. Vick will get his punishment from God so and has paid the price for the moment for his crime thru the legal system. If Vick was a car salesman no one would be talking about this. He is a football player, they make millions so quit hating. If you committed the same crime and went to jail you would go back to the job you was doing prior to going to jail. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. IF YOU DON'T LIKE VICK OR THE EAGLES, SO WHAT. :angry:

Last year when Vick only played about 5-8 plays a game you didn't hear a word. Now that he's starting again and playing well, the hatorade comes out. If Dante Stallworth was playing pro bowl football you wouldn't hear nothing. That's because he only killed a man!

A man can defend himself

If Stallworth was torturing humans you would get this same reaction and he'd still be in jail.

Don't mess with children, the elderly, and pets or you *** is gonna be in the same situation

Edit: Actually if Stallworth did exactly the same thing to the exact same number of humans he would be dead not in jail - he would have gotten the death penalty

I don't see this much ranting over humans being killed. There are kids abducted and murdered everyday in this country and no one gives a ****. Shut the phuck up with this ******** over these dogs. Vick will get his punishment from God so and has paid the price for the moment for his crime thru the legal system. If Vick was a car salesman no one would be talking about this. He is a football player, they make millions so quit hating. If you committed the same crime and went to jail you would go back to the job you was doing prior to going to jail. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. IF YOU DON'T LIKE VICK OR THE EAGLES, SO WHAT. :angry:

Fist off; when you feel like coming into anyone's house or city and making them "shut the phuck up" feel free to start at my place. I'd like to have that conversation with you; I'm up for the debate.

I think most people support the idea that he has served his time, paid his debt to scoiety, and has the right to pursue his life's dreams going forward. But having him at the forefront of so many stories relating to his significant physical gift's just drudges up those feelings of disgust and hatred for him and what he did. So people vent those feelings in places like this. If you have a problem with that then you need to avoid the threads that mention such things.

Edit: Actually if Stallworth did exactly the same thing to the exact same number of humans he would be dead not in jail - he would have gotten the death penalty

That's why the Stallworth comparison is utterly stupid. Stallworth had an ACCIDENT. AND he had a defense but decided to plead out to save the family the heartache of a trial and ensure that he could give them a proper civil settlement to compensate them. He paid a great personal price for a situation where he had a valid defense and a reasonably chance of winning at trial.

Vick INTENTIONALLY killed defenseless animals in cruel and inhumane ways so he could use them as victims in a gambling operation.

If Stallworth INTENTIONALLY killed humans in cruel and inhumane ways to support a gambling operation, his veins would be coursing a lethal cocktail as we speak. They two situations are not remotely comparable, but I suppose there are enough abject idiots in the world to pretend they are and keep up the "y'all care more about dogs than humans" bull****.

BTW, I posted this a while back when the Stallworth case was still recent news. Seems some of you missed it, so here it is again....

http://www.ajc.com/f...stallworth.html

ajc.com > Sports > Falcons

Vick and Stallworth cases ‘apples and oranges’, expert says

By LARRY HARTSTEIN

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

The question — repeated countless times on Twitter, sportstalk radio and across the Internet the last 24 hours — goes like this:

How can Donte’ Stallworth get 30 days while Michael Vick got 23 months?

Stallworth, the Cleveland Browns wide receiver, pleaded guilty Tuesday to DUI manslaughter for killing pedestrian Mario Reyes while driving drunk in his black 2005 Bentley in Miami. Stallworth also reached a confidential financial settlement with the family of the 59-year-old construction worker.

Vick served 19 months in federal prison for bankrolling a dogfighting operation, and is under home confinement until July 20. The Falcons released their former superstar quarterback last week.

The disparity is sparking comments along the lines of, “It’s better to kill people than dogs,” as a BleacherReport.com columnist put it.

Callers and emailers to 680 The Fan’s Chuck & Chernoff show have expressed disbelief.

“Their reaction is almost like, ‘This has got to be made up,” co-host Chuck Oliver said. “How do you kill someone, write a check and do 24 days in lockup? How the heck does that happen?” (Stallworth got one day’s credit while being arrested and booked, and the state eliminates five days for good behavior).

Even the lawyer for Plaxico Burress is raising the Stallworth sentence. He’s urging leniency for his own wide-receiver client, who’s facing 3 1/2 to 15 years in prison for accidentally shooting himself in the leg in a nightclub.

“To suggest that in Plaxico’s case he should get a two-year sentence, when in a case where someone ends up dead they OK a 30-day sentence, there just seems to be a real disparity there,” attorney Benjamin Brafman said on Sirius NFL Radio’s Late Hits.

But those outraged over Stallworth’s sentence are overlooking several factors, legal experts say.

For starters, the case wasn’t a slam-dunk for the prosecution; the victim was not in a crosswalk when he was hit.

“Stallworth actually had a defense, that it may not have been his actions alone that caused the death,” said Atlanta defense attorney Steve Sadow, who represented T.I. during the rapper’s recent gun-buying case. “I’m certain the settlement was substantial to take care of the needs of the family, and that might not have been forthcoming if the criminal case had been pursued and lost.”

Prosecutors said the victim’s family, particularly his 15-year-old daughter, wanted to avoid any more pain.

They noted Stallworth stopped immediately after the crash, called police and told officers he hit Reyes.

“Michael Vick’s situation was entirely different,” Sadow said. “He didn’t attempt to resolve the matter early on, he took a position that essentially, he didn’t have anything to do with it.”

Added attorney Jerry Froelich: “They waited too long with Vick. They let the thing get out of control. The most important thing is, get control of the case early. That’s what Stallworth’s lawyers did and what I did with Jamal Lewis.”

Froelich represented Lewis when the running back pleaded guilty to using a cellphone to try to set up a cocaine deal. Lewis served four months in federal prison.

Vick’s case “should have been settled at the state level early on, and the feds never would have gotten involved,” Froelich said.

Vick’s case was federal, Stallworth’s was not. There’s a lot less leeway in federal sentencing guidelines.

“From a public standpoint, none of this makes a difference,” Sadow said. “But you’re really talking about apples and oranges.”

Oliver said Vick suffered from the fact there was no one he could pay off. In addition, Vick hurt himself by not quickly accepting responsibility.

“The big difference is something you hear all through life: it’s not necessarily what you do, it’s how you react to what you did.”

Ryan Stewart of 790 the Zone’s 2 Live Stews said Stallworth worked the system the right way.

“He just owned up to it, whereas Vick hid everything,” Stewart said. “When you own up to things and you’re a guy who’s never had any problems, things will be different for you.”

Stallworth could have faced up to 15 years in prison had he been convicted of DUI manslaughter at trial. Now, following his jail sentence, he’ll serve two years of house arrest and spend eight years on probation.

The house arrest terms will allow him to resume playing in the NFL, but a league spokesman said the NFL is reviewing the case for possible disciplinary action. Stallworth could be suspended without pay for some games this year.

Mothers Against Drunk Driving said it will closely watch what the NFL does.

“MADD is profoundly disappointed in the 30-day jail sentence,” MADD said in a statement. “We have heard there may be a contribution to MADD in the settlement and if that is true, we will not accept any monies. This case is a clear test of the NFL’s continued tolerance of drunk driving among its players.”

Vick, meanwhile, remains under indefinite NFL suspension.

Yeah, so I like animals more than people. I have that RIGHT to have that opinion. You don't like it, tough noogies. Why don't you STFU and stay out of the thread if it bugs you so much? Nobody made you post. My opinion is that felons shouldn't be allowed to play in the NFL again. I don't like Vick, I don't like Eagles and I especially don't like people that abuse animals just for ***** and giggles. You don't like that, so what. :angry:

Red is for ********.

Green is for truth.

That's why the Stallworth comparison is utterly stupid. Stallworth had an ACCIDENT. AND he had a defense but decided to plead out to save the family the heartache of a trial and ensure that he could give them a proper civil settlement to compensate them. He paid a great personal price for a situation where he had a valid defense and a reasonably chance of winning at trial.

Vick INTENTIONALLY killed defenseless animals in cruel and inhumane ways so he could use them as victims in a gambling operation.

If Stallworth INTENTIONALLY killed humans in cruel and inhumane ways to support a gambling operation, his veins would be coursing a lethal cocktail as we speak. They two situations are not remotely comparable, but I suppose there are enough abject idiots in the world to pretend they are and keep up the "y'all care more about dogs than humans" bull****.

I hate stallworth because he was intentionally drinking and driving. **** happens when you do stupid **** like that so **** stallworth I see it more as of a consequence not an accident. I think what vick did was horrible, I just think stallworth is a piece of ****.

Yeah, so I like animals more than people. I have that RIGHT to have that opinion. You don't like it, tough noogies. Why don't you STFU and stay out of the thread if it bugs you so much? Nobody made you post. My opinion is that felons shouldn't be allowed to play in the NFL again. I don't like Vick, I don't like Eagles and I especially don't like people that abuse animals just for ***** and giggles. You don't like that, so what. :angry:

Thats why this argument/discussion is always so polarized. Many people's stance on this issue is based on their view of animals.

I for one, like animals. But I care about humans more. Im all for Vick as long as he continues to do more good for animals from now on.

Red is for ********.

Green is for truth.

Only argument I'd have is that it really does get talked about when your average Joe does it amongst animal groups and the like, the big difference is that the press doesn't cover that or it's so buried that those who aren't involved in animal groups and the like simply don't hear about it but we are trying to change that...

Thats why this argument/discussion is always so polarized. Many people's stance on this issue is based on their view of animals.

I for one, like animals. But I care about humans more. Im all for Vick as long as he continues to do more good for animals from now on.

A lot of truth to that. I really do hope that Vick has truly changed and does more good for animals in the future but until that happens, I can't hope he does well or any of that, I'm still bitter that he's allowed to play in the NFL...

I hate stallworth because he was intentionally drinking and driving. **** happens when you do stupid **** like that so **** stallworth I see it more as of a consequence not an accident. I think what vick did was horrible, I just think stallworth is a piece of ****.

That's a perfectly appropriate viewpoint. My only point in what I wrote is there are a lot of distinctions between the two cases, and it's likewise appropriate for people on the other hand to say "you know what, Donte Stallworth's drinking probably had very little to do with this accident, so even though I abhor drinking and driving, I also acknowledge that the conduct of the deceased was a major contributing factor in his death." And if one holds that viewpoint and wants to criticize Mike Vick's conduct, that doesn't mean they "care more about dogs than humans."

I agree with you that his conduct in getting behind the wheel while legally intoxicated is inexcusable. But most folks don't take someone who gets a DUI where no one is hurt and say they are tantamount to murderers. Just because someone got killed doesn't mean his drinking and driving is what killed them. Proximate cause and all that.

People, let's also not forget that Big Ben RAPED SOMEBODY'S DAUGHTER IN A BAR BATHROOM.

For the record, he was never charged for that. My best guess is there is a good reason for that. NOT saying he did nothing wrong (clearly he is a bonehead), but if the victim wasn't wanting to press charges and the DA didn't have enough evidence to convict, I'm not sure we can fairly conclude anyone was raped. I think the most we can say about that situation is Ben Roethlisberger made a really stupid decision to have sex with an intoxicated woman in a bathroom, which makes him a really bad person.

But not (necessarily) a rapist.

For the record, he was never charged for that. My best guess is there is a good reason for that. NOT saying he did nothing wrong (clearly he is a bonehead), but if the victim wasn't wanting to press charges and the DA didn't have enough evidence to convict, I'm not sure we can fairly conclude anyone was raped. I think the most we can say about that situation is Ben Roethlisberger made a really stupid decision to have sex with an intoxicated woman in a bathroom, which makes him a really bad person.

I know there were never any charges, but that baffles me.

But Ben did have more than once incident involving a girl and rough sex/rape allegations. That's what raises an eyebrow.

Like Bush used to say: Fool me once, shame on them. Fool me twice, don't do that.

I know there were never any charges, but that baffles me.

It shouldn't. Charges are based on evidence. She didn't want to proceed with charges against him. That says a lot.

But Ben did have more than once incident involving a girl and rough sex/rape allegations. That's what raises an eyebrow.

Like Bush used to say: Fool me once, shame on them. Fool me twice, don't do that.

I hear you, but at the end of the day, athletes are targets for these sorts of allegations. I'm NOT saying he's NOT a rapist. I'm just saying you can't really say he is with any degree of certainty.