Not April Fools: Spoon Expected to Start

Sean Weatherspoon-LB- Falcons Nov. 17 - 10:17 am et

Falcons SLB Sean Weatherspoon (knee) is listed as the starting strong-side linebacker over Stephen Nicholas on the Falcons' latest depth chart.

Weatherspoon had been expected to return from his knee injury this week, but it wasn't clear whether or not he'd get his starting job back. It appears he has. Weatherspoon was playing pretty well in his first four games before suffering the knee injury, averaging 7.3 tackles and recording a sack.

Finally!

Smith said Spoon would be able to practice sometime this week but I am not sure why whoever wrote this thought it was questionable he wouldn't get his starting job back. :blink:

I think they meant they weren't sure if he'd actually be ready to start (in terms of physical condition). That's just a guess though. The writer may just be clueless, that's also a very real possibility. :unsure:

lol he wasnt sure if he'd get the starting spot back????

god forbid ryan get banged up, he'll never be able to take the starting spot from redman!!!

on a serious note... say what you want about nicholas. I think he's just kind of "there". he's good enough, but when spoon is on the field I feel like its a different defense. ball are getting knocked around, QBs are getting hit, turnovers are happening and just in general our guys seem to have more energy. I can't put my finger on what exactly it is that spoon does but I see a clear difference.

lol he wasnt sure if he'd get the starting spot back????

god forbid ryan get banged up, he'll never be able to take the starting spot from redman!!!

on a serious note... say what you want about nicholas. I think he's just kind of "there". he's good enough, but when spoon is on the field I feel like its a different defense. ball are getting knocked around, QBs are getting hit, turnovers are happening and just in general our guys seem to have more energy. I can't put my finger on what exactly it is that spoon does but I see a clear difference.

It's his high energy and swagger I think that gets everyone to another level.

It's his high energy and swagger I think that gets everyone to another level.

I agree. I remember going to training camp and despite him being a rookie..he's the guy dancing and yelling in the middle of the defensive huddle.

gotta be something to it..

does anyone have the numbers on how many turnovers we've gotten with and without spoon on the field?

1 minute ago - LB Sean Weatherspoon (knee) did not practice Wednesday. Coach Mike Smith said he anticipates Weatherspoon will practice Thursday. Players that don't participate in practice aren't available to the media. But in passing, Weatherspoon told a reporter, "We will talk soon." Falcons RapidReports

Looks like Spoon will play this sunday