Redemption for a Thug

4 Passing TDs and 2 Rushing TDs later M.Vick has quieted his critics. It's good to see the young man make a come back. He's gotten a second chance and he's making the best of it. People don't want to remember the days when he was bashed horribly on this blog. Well you better start apologizing now. If we see them in the playoffs, it's not going to be nice. Our defense is no match for his speed or Andy Reids play calling.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Our defense is no match for his speed or Andy Reids play calling.

And that's why they play the game. I like our chances in the dome. Smitty is 18-3. Giants didn't have a chance against a 18-0 team in the Super Bowl until they played it. Don't discount our team too quickly from the game we just saw with the worst defense in the league.

I never bashed him - I always supported him and I do now. I am happy for him. I hope he continues along this path - for his children's sake even more than his.

That being said - why would anyone who expressed outrage, criticism or hurt over the player who was in Atlanta apologize just because he is playing well for the Eagles?

Everyone - including you, is entitled to your feelings and opinions. Right or wrong, agree or disagree.

No one on this board owes Vick an apology. I think a lot of the people on this board feels he owes them one. This may or may not be so - but it is definitely expressed a lot on this board.

As for the Eagles - I could care less if we have to face them or not. I will be thrilled to get to the playoffs. Then, I will pull for and support my team every step of the way. I believe in this team. I have faith that they will do what they need to do to get us where we need to go.

I certainly hope our players and coaches have more faith in themselves that some of our "fans" have in them. Where is the support and faith?

Every team loses - and sometimes badly to other teams. We lost badly to the Eagles this year. That is not a guarantee that it will happen again.

2008 - it was close and we may have pulled that one off if not for the "muffed punt" call which we couldn't challenge. 2009 - we were playing without 8 starters on offense - including the QB and Running Back. We were missing 4 starters on defense. It was a rough game and we lost badly - but no way to know what would have happened if we had been healthy.

2010 - we went in poorly prepared and played poorly. We were out-coached and out played. We lost and it was ugly.

None - and I mean none of those games have any bearing on our next meeting. What will matter is how we prepare - practice and most importantly - execute for 60 minutes.

Go Falcons RISE UP!!!!

Bring on the NFCCG - I will be thrilled to make it to that game!

I never bashed him - I always supported him and I do now. I am happy for him. I hope he continues along this path - for his children's sake even more than his.

That being said - why would anyone who expressed outrage, criticism or hurt over the player who was in Atlanta apologize just because he is playing well for the Eagles?

Everyone - including you, is entitled to your feelings and opinions. Right or wrong, agree or disagree.

No one on this board owes Vick an apology. I think a lot of the people on this board feels he owes them one. This may or may not be so - but it is definitely expressed a lot on this board.

As for the Eagles - I could care less if we have to face them or not. I will be thrilled to get to the playoffs. Then, I will pull for and support my team every step of the way. I believe in this team. I have faith that they will do what they need to do to get us where we need to go.

I certainly hope our players and coaches have more faith in themselves that some of our "fans" have in them. Where is the support and faith?

Every team loses - and sometimes badly to other teams. We lost badly to the Eagles this year. That is not a guarantee that it will happen again.

2008 - it was close and we may have pulled that one off if not for the "muffed punt" call which we couldn't challenge. 2009 - we were playing without 8 starters on offense - including the QB and Running Back. We were missing 4 starters on defense. It was a rough game and we lost badly - but no way to know what would have happened if we had been healthy.

2010 - we went in poorly prepared and played poorly. We were out-coached and out played. We lost and it was ugly.

None - and I mean none of those games have any bearing on our next meeting. What will matter is how we prepare - practice and most importantly - execute for 60 minutes.

Go Falcons RISE UP!!!!

+1 Tandy!!!!! I would give you one million if I could. Excellent post!!!!

Go Falcons RISE UP!!!!

She's so totally right here it's not even funny... + 1 of course...

Amazing what he can do when he watches film and listens to the coach.

Also amazing when he has WR who can get open and not drop passes. The falcons WR lead the NFL in drop passes when he played. also u see when the O-line blocks how better he is. and he leads the NFL in passing rating who would have thought 115.1 QB rating 11 TD's 0 ints.. Mike Vick FTW!!!!!!

edit: and mike has an offense that fits him and a great coaching staff

Edited by Vick-Nation

Phenomenal game from Michael Vick. Absolutely amazing. Now that he has his act together, teams that meet the Eagles will have a hard time stopping him and the rest of the weapons they have. They will have to game plan bigtime for this cat. Lots more football to be played and I am looking forward to the ride. I have forgiven Vick. He paid his dues and looks like he has his life back in order. For those out there that use vicks old image to take mean spirited jabs on these boards, you are only hurting the man your using. For those people I am sure Vick would not be proud. I wish Vick well with his new team but I am die hard Red and Black and hope Ryan leads us further this year.

I appreciate the positive responses. I'm not sure what this means,"he can diaf". Maybe someone can explain.

I'm a Falcon fan first. I hope BVG was watching this game. I'm sure we need to dial up some blitzes to slow down this offense. Go Tampa 2 some as well.

Kinda confused. Didn't sound like that in the OP when ya said we were no match for Mike Vick and rhe mighty Eagles. At any rate, he did have a great game. Big test comes for him versus the Giants this week.

Kinda confused. Didn't sound like that in the OP when ya said we were no match for Mike Vick and rhe mighty Eagles. At any rate, he did have a great game. Big test comes for him versus the Giants this week.

Yeah and he said WE need to apologize to Vick. I think he's the one that let us down, we paid the money.

Edited by dmite

4 Passing TDs and 2 Rushing TDs later M.Vick has quieted his critics. It's good to see the young man make a come back. He's gotten a second chance and he's making the best of it. People don't want to remember the days when he was bashed horribly on this blog. Well you better start apologizing now. If we see them in the playoffs, it's not going to be nice. Our defense is no match for his speed or Andy Reids play calling.

Why'd you call him kid, based on your post he's clearly 15 years older than you.

Also amazing when he has WR who can get open and not drop passes. The falcons WR lead the NFL in drop passes when he played. also u see when the O-line blocks how better he is. and he leads the NFL in passing rating who would have thought 115.1 QB rating 11 TD's 0 ints.. Mike Vick FTW!!!!!!

edit: and mike has an offense that fits him and a great coaching staff

It's also amazing what he accomplished when he got worried he was a washed up felon who was about to lose his meal ticket and have to work for his money. Let's see him put in the effort after the next contract. Seems Matt Ryan is doing pretty good with the same reciever. Maybe Vick was a bit too stoned when he was here to throw the ball straight. Lucky he has a new team and a new fan base such as yourself to support his massive rise back into mediocrity after he gets bored with trying anymore!

It's also amazing what he accomplished when he got worried he was a washed up felon who was about to lose his meal ticket and have to work for his money. Let's see him put in the effort after the next contract. Seems Matt Ryan is doing pretty good with the same reciever. Maybe Vick was a bit too stoned when he was here to throw the ball straight. Lucky he has a new team and a new fan base such as yourself to support his massive rise back into mediocrity after he gets bored with trying anymore!

yea that same WR was way different then what we see now he actually is catching the ball and is worth the 1st round pick.. mediocrity haha Vick is turning into one of the best QB's in the NFL

As a die hard falcon fan I say f... vick ! I was a huge supporter even when he got locked up and all that . Problem I have with him is he could've been so much better if he actually tried here in Atlanta . I will never support him as a eagle. Can't stand any eagle, and that's what he is. When he came to the dome last year and they spanked us and everyone was cheering for him it made me sick. I felt horrible for real falcons fans and Arthur blank to see all these fans cheering for a opposing player destroying the home team. F... vick and any other eagle, saint, buc, panther ,or any other player who doesn't wear the black and red falcons uniform . Bottom line .