Eagles-Redskins game

maorifalcon

I don't care if he served his time, its still sickening how people could cheer for a dog killer, he lost all my respect and would you give a murder a 2nd chance?

Let the people in new orleans pretend to be saints. The rest of us should admit that we all make mistakes. Hopefully none of us have made that big of a mistake..... but forgive and move on.

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

He's human and he's made a change, the fact that you're so submerged in a tank of depression and "what could've been"s is just sad.

I don't forget either. He'll never get a place in the Falcons ROH, imo, and rightfully so.

But he's a d*mn good QB, and he's made an incredible turnaround.

Also give credit for Avant on that last TD too. Just like Matt Ryan isn't solely responsible for the Falcon's success, neither is Vick, although I'd give Vick more credit. Jackson, Maclin, Avant and McCoy is one of the most terrifying recieving corps I've ever seen.

And yes, McCoy counts.

He was never a good QB with us... so f-him.

Everyone that's mad at YKW, whom I disliked as a Falcon but am glad to see he's turned the corner (hopefully) in his life. Do you know what the average time spent behind bars for dogfighting was before Mike Vick? Around 3 months. He served more than any dogfighter previous did. He was made an example of. Do I agree with his actions? Not one bit, but he was a precedent that was set. Now, thanks or no thanks to him, dogfighting laws are more stringent, and they're now a felony in the state of Georgia (were a misdemeanor at the time). He was convicted and sentenced. He's served his time, and then additional time mandated by the NFL. He's worked his butt off to get back to where he's at now. Let it go. He's not our QB anymore anyway. (And I'm glad we have Matty Ice personally).

Edited by popcornplaya

Why would you give him more credit? You think the league will not figure out Vick after this season. Teams/Players get figured out quickly

I give him credit because he deserves it. You don't put up 4 TDs without being good at what you do, and the way he avoids pressure is just deft.

Similar to how you don't lead your team to game winning drives game after game if you're a mediocre QB. Ice is the real deal just as much, Vick's just better at this stage.

guys i think this is just one of those games where your game plan was flat out out schemed. Its happened to the denver with oakland, and sunday denver raped the cheifs, and now this time. Eagles are a good football team but its a team we should not look into deeply. I think Giants can beat them.

Really? After they beat the Colts...killing the Skins...and kicked our butts with their backup QB...I'd say they're a problem. The Giants are the team that I question as being legit.

We'll see Sunday night though.

In his time in atlanta, he probably meant as much to the team as anybody ever has. And if you listen to his interviews, you know he still loves atlanta. It's not like I think he should get in soon. Maybe 20 years from now. I'm just a falcon fan and like to focus on the positives :) instead of the negatives.

I remember:

1) NFC championships. Game winning runs against the panthers, vikings. Going to the playoff game against the rams and hearing the crowd as loud as I have ever heard it.

Most of you remember......

1) just dog fighting, weed smoking, and shooting the bird.

YOu guys gotta have more positive mindsets! Focus on the positive parts of life!

Well said...I completely agree!!

I give him credit because he deserves it. You don't put up 4 TDs without being good at what you do, and the way he avoids pressure is just deft.

Similar to how you don't lead your team to game winning drives game after game if you're a mediocre QB. Ice is the real deal just as much, Vick's just better at this stage.

He avoids pressure because of his gifts.. It will take the league a year to figure him out and he will be figured out..

So every QB that puts up 4 TDs is good.

Edited by supremedarius

Well I have been to the Skins stadium and ironically it was against the Eagles on a Sunday night (the week after we beat the Eagles on MNF)and that stadium in out in the middle of NOWHERE!

Worst stadium I've ever been to. It's awful, in an awful location. Only place in DC that's harder to get to with public transportation. RFK is just sitting there, they need to rebuild there.

guys i think this is just one of those games where your game plan was flat out out schemed. Its happened to the denver with oakland, and sunday denver raped the cheifs, and now this time. Eagles are a good football team but its a team we should not look into deeply. I think Giants can beat them.

I completely agree.

I give credit to Vick and what he's done and how talented he is, but this is a horribly played game by the Redskins.

Everyone that's mad at YKW, whom I disliked as a Falcon but am glad to see he's turned the corner (hopefully) in his life. Do you know what the average time spent behind bars for dogfighting was before Mike Vick? Around 3 months. He served more than any dogfighter previous did. He was made an example of. Do I agree with his actions? Not one bit, but he was a precedent that was set. Now, thanks or no thanks to him, dogfighting laws are more stringent, and they're now a felony in the state of Georgia (were a misdemeanor at the time). He was convicted and sentenced. He's served his time, and then additional time mandated by the NFL. He's worked his butt off to get back to where he's at now. Let it go. He's not our QB anymore anyway. (And I'm glad we have Matty Ice personally).

Vick was never convicted of Dog Fighting. Dog fighting was the evidence used to convict him for running an interstate gambling ring. One is local, the other Federal. So everyone harps on his dog fighting conviction, when they eat at the media trough and never think.

Dang, I hope he doesn't get to face the Falcons in the post-season looking like this. The Eagles look like world beaters tonight. TechmoBowl 2010.