Respect for Matt Bryant

hardenmj

so one of the larger questions about this team going into the off-season was how was the front office going to address the kicker position. i have to give some props to bryant as he is 18/21 for an 85.7% with a long of 51 on the season and is perfect on his PAT's...the guy hasn't missed a kick since the eagles game and has been pretty clutch for us this year...OT winner against saints, game winner with no time left against 49ers, 51 yarder on thursday...hopefully he can stay clutch as it seems the falcons love the close games this season and we will have to call his number a few more times this season in big situations

yea im sure this time last year we were trying to hang jason elam, so props to matty bryant. But as for next year, please draft scott blair from ga tech. Dude is money...

That's only been this season, though. He was so erratic throughout his career. Seems to have put it together finally.

Plus, we could grab him as an UFA.

Back on topic... Major props to Matt Bryant!

That's only been this season, though. He was so erratic throughout his career. Seems to have put it together finally.

Plus, we could grab him as an UFA.

Back on topic... Major props to Matt Bryant!

nobody really remembers a kickers freshman through junior years. I wouldnt take the chance on him not being drafted. we missed out on mason crosby. Next year is the time to actually draft a kicker and not wait until the draft is over.

He has been doing great and I feel pretty confident when he goes to kick.

It's a good feeling when you feel like your kicker is always gonna make it and he practically has except for 3 FG's. And with the 2 OT winners, he has shown that he can perform in pressure situations.

Keep it up Matt Bryant!

Bryant is also a good kickoff man, should he be tasked.

May make a difference if injury forces, or they dont want to pay $2.7 mil again for Koenen.

That is a most high figure for a punter.

Koenen deserves it. He's a good punter and also a good kickoff man. I'm pretty sure that him and Billy Cundiff of the Ravens are #'s 1 and 2 in total number of touchbacks.

I hope he stays as our punter for a long time.

Yeah, props to Matt Bryant. I think we would have been in the playoffs last year if it weren't for Jason Elam's missed kicks. Finally, I feel pretty confident when we go for three points.

That being said, I think it's time to draft a kicker with one of our later picks. If we don't draft any, we should sign a young kicker and start developing him to be our long-term kicker.