Posey wins NL Rookie of the Year

Unknøwn

only minus the injuries in the 2nd half of said career. ^_^

THE BASEBALL GOD: Hey, Jason? Would you like to average 155 games a season over your first 9 full seasons, followed by averaging 122 games over your next 7 seasons, playing in at least 100 games a year until you were 38 years old?

J-HEY: Yeah!

TBG: And how about even in those last 7 seasons when you were "only" averaging 122 games a season, you are a Top 20 MVP finalist three times and win a batting title?

J-HEY: Wow, that sounds pretty good!

TBG: And how would you like to play that whole time with the same team and go the playoffs ten consecutive seasons? And be in the top 3 in all major offensive categories for your franchise? And be a sure-fire Hall of Famer?

J-HEY: Sign me up!

TBG: It will mean you finish second in Rookie of the Year voting.

J-HEY: Hey, I can live with second.

TBG: OK then, you can have Chipper Jones's career. Only do us all a favor and stay away from Hooters, OK?

THE BASEBALL GOD: Hey, Jason? Would you like to average 155 games a season over your first 9 full seasons, followed by averaging 122 games over your next 7 seasons, playing in at least 100 games a year until you were 38 years old?

J-HEY: Yeah!

TBG: And how about even in those last 7 seasons when you were "only" averaging 122 games a season, you are a Top 20 MVP finalist three times and win a batting title?

J-HEY: Wow, that sounds pretty good!

TBG: And how would you like to play that whole time with the same team and go the playoffs ten consecutive seasons? And be in the top 3 in all major offensive categories for your franchise? And be a sure-fire Hall of Famer?

J-HEY: Sign me up!

TBG: It will mean you finish second in Rookie of the Year voting.

J-HEY: Hey, I can live with second.

TBG: OK then, you can have Chipper Jones's career. Only do us all a favor and stay away from Hooters, OK?

i see what you did there.....nice way to prove your points. it was entertaining. :lol: i'd be thrilled if heyward put up chipper like number over his career. there's no doubt chipper's had a great career, but i stand my comment about the injuries. in the end, even though 122 games over his last 7 seasons seems like a nice high number, it still translates to him missing on average 1/4 of the season during those years.

but back to the topic at hand, Buster was easily one of the top two candidates for the ROY. congrats to him and way to make FSU proud. :)

Guest AtlWhite84

I disagree, but I can't really argue with it either.

Hopefully Heyward's career will turn out as well as the last Brave that finished a close second in RoY voting.

Francouer?