George Bush = class act

George Bush has been a class act since leaving office by holding to the unwritten code of former Presidents to stay out of the public on public issues and to allow your successor to govern without your second guessing and criticism. This even after Obama showed a lack of class in constantly criticizing Bush during his Innaugural speech. Bush commented that he wanted to treat Obama in a way that he would have liked to have been treated was also a reference to the equally trailor park mentallity of Bill Clinton and Jimmy Carter, both who have no respect for the office of President with their constant yips and gripes about how they would do things.

What will Obama do when he leaves office? My guess is he will be another Carter, acting as if he is still relevant and that people actually care what he thinks. Will a Republican successor do what Obama did in his Innaugural Speech by laying into Obama every other sentence? My guess is he wont... But it would be hilarious to watch Obama sit there and take it.

And for the record, Carter mostly stayed in the public eye through humanitarian projects like Habitat for humanity. quite often seen with hammer in hand helping to build the houses himself.My link Yea, shame on him!

Worldwide view shared by Carter and Habitat

Habitat for Humanity International is a nonprofit, ecumenical Christian housing ministry dedicated to eliminating substandard housing and making decent shelter a matter of conscience and action. Habitat has built more than 350,000 houses worldwide. Volunteers work with future homeowners to build or renovate houses, which are then sold to partner families at no profit, with no interest charged on the mortgage. The money from the sale of each house goes into a revolving Fund for Humanity, to support future building projects.

"Habitat has successfully removed the stigma of charity by substituting it with a sense of partnership. The people who will live in the homes work side by side with the volunteers, so they feel very much that they are on an equal level." ―Jimmy Carter

While Reagan and Clinton went around collecting huge speaking fees.

I don't get you, man. You can post some good stuff but you get so biased when it comes to politics it's hard to take you seriously. Say what you will about Jimmy Carter the politician but to act like he has been some egomaniac in the limelight is just bizarre.

I saw the raw interview between him and O'Reilly. He was at least honest about his current media exposure. He told O'Reilly he was there to sell his book, and that he'd go away again once his marketing push is over.

I actually liked him in the interview, although the policies he pushed far outweigh how he came off.

You mean the guy that flew over New Orleans and watched all those people die? He is classy? OK

The reason he flew over New Orleans is because he didnt want to divert what few police officers (who didnt desert) to protect him and take away from the relief effort. As you can tell with Obama traveling to Asia with a contingent of 100`s of people and half of our Navy, it takes alot of people and resources to protect the President and Bush felt that those resources needed to stay where they were.

Bush also said that he made a mistake and would have landed in hindsight, but his decision was made out of concern, not because he wasnt concerned. Lets not forget that when he came back to Louisiana on day 4, he asked the bimbo Governor for permission to bring Federal troups to New Orleans (you must have a states permission first), the bimbo said "give me 24 hours". I guess she wasnt too concerned either.

amazing that bush is a class act while clinton and carter aren't and obama wont be. let me guess, reagan, george hw, ford, nixon, eisenhower, hoover, coolidge, and harding were all class act guys while johnson, truman, and fdr weren't.

M I RITE?

While former Presidents are private citizens who have the right to speak about anything they choose, it has been customary for former Presidents to respect the office of the current President and allow him to govern without his interference. Former Presidents should know better than anyone how hard the job is without a former President underminding him. Its all about respect for the office, not the person who is in it.

But all of that is too much to ask for ole slick Willie, you know the guy who pimped out the Lincoln room of the White House for cash. Slick Willie, who cant stop bumping his gums and act like he has one ounce of class as a former President. The guy is pure trailor park trash and has NO respect for the office of President. As far as Obama is concerned, the way he acted at the Innaugural was uncalled for and unprecedented. I`ll bet if he had to do it all over again, he would do things differently knowing how difficult the job really is.

Jimmy Carter is a nice guy who would have been a great carpenter or farmer and has been a great humanitarian. When he sticks to Habitat I dont have a problem with him but he has also stuck his nose in on policy decisions of sitting Presidents...again a classless act. When was the last time you saw a former Republican President weighing in on a current Democratic Presidents policys?

Show some class, you might want some in return one day.

While former Presidents are private citizens who have the right to speak about anything they choose, it has been customary for former Presidents to respect the office of the current President and allow him to govern without his interference. Former Presidents should know better than anyone how hard the job is without a former President underminding him. Its all about respect for the office, not the person who is in it.

But all of that is too much to ask for ole slick Willie, you know the guy who pimped out the Lincoln room of the White House for cash. Slick Willie, who cant stop bumping his gums and act like he has one ounce of class as a former President. The guy is pure trailor park trash and has NO respect for the office of President. As far as Obama is concerned, the way he acted at the Innaugural was uncalled for and unprecedented. I`ll bet if he had to do it all over again, he would do things differently knowing how difficult the job really is.

Jimmy Carter is a nice guy who would have been a great carpenter or farmer and has been a great humanitarian. When he sticks to Habitat I dont have a problem with him but he has also stuck his nose in on policy decisions of sitting Presidents...again a classless act. When was the last time you saw a former Republican President weighing in on a current Democratic Presidents policys?

Show some class, you might want some in return one day.

Obama won, he can say what he wants at his inaguration speech. if bush didn't like what he had to say then he shouldn't have given obama something to talk about. it's funny how you talk about decency when the right was run rampant with birther nonsense, communist nonsense, and muslim nonsense.

Obama won, he can say what he wants at his inaguration speech. if bush didn't like what he had to say then he shouldn't have given obama something to talk about. it's funny how you talk about decency when the right was run rampant with birther nonsense, communist nonsense, and muslim nonsense.

Cool, if a Republican takes office after Obama maybe he can turn his Innaguration speech into 2 hour tirade about Obamas shortcomings.

You have no clue what I`m talking about do you?

While I am not nor ever wiil be fond of Obama, I would never want to see him or any other President treated dis-respectfully because while you dont have to respect the man, you should respect the office.

but you said in your original post that it would be "hilarious"?

i don't really care either way. private citizens can say whatever they want. if bush or anyone else has an opinion then by all means give it, it's one of the millions of reasons why this is the greatest country in the history of the world.

Not sure about the authenticity of the 2 pictures while he was President but the other one was an "off the record" attempt at humor while he was Governor.

You can always excuse a Repub I see. :lol: Remember all the hoopla about Obama not having his hand on his heart?

Excuse this as gas, I guess?

bushpledge.jpg