Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dharma Initiative

OK The YKW Fans at Games Are Getting Ridiculous

180 posts in this topic

If they are legitimately cheering for the Falcons no big deal. Got introduced to someone a few years ago at a game sporting an authentic TJ Duckett jersey. I just felt bad for him since Duckett had been traded a few months prior.

Sometimes its like that not everybody stays with a team forever. Authentic jerseys are expensive to some so I can't blame dude for not getting another.

I think we do agree that as long as your for the team and not whose name is on the jersey that then its all good.

Kookoo and slamee101 like this

Sometimes its like that not everybody stays with a team forever. Authentic jerseys are expensive to some so I can't blame dude for not getting another.

I think we do agree that as long as your for the team and not whose name is on the jersey that then its all good.

Yeah I asked the guy if he was bummed about Duckett getting traded. He was, but he was more bummed about laying out the cash for the jersey (had done so right before he got traded). Actually a Duckett jersey would almost be retro in the next few years and unique in it's own way as you probably won't see many.

Yeah I asked the guy if he was bummed about Duckett getting traded. He was, but he was more bummed about laying out the cash for the jersey (had done so right before he got traded). Actually a Duckett jersey would almost be retro in the next few years and unique in it's own way as you probably won't see many.

Yea that does sound bad.

slamee101 likes this

Your right, that was a terrible post. I usually never take back what I say but that was totally unnecessary. +1

Before I made account on the Falcons message board "man" I read your posts alot. I know you are better poster than that. +1 For realizing you were wrong. That's the way you man up. B)

This POS has to be the worst poster on this site. Nothing I read from you has any substance at all. I think it's time that you deleted your account.

:P

I'm still here....

Time for you to man up and wear a real Jersey!

I have a signed Abe Jersey, and a signed Nobis Jersey

Me > you

:P

kevykev21 likes this

:lol: For real man all jokes aside. What's there logo?

The color brown. Its kinda stupid and whoever came up with that name should get slapped.

I don't see how anyone who calls themself a Falcon fan can be a Vick fan. Dogfighting and personal feelings about that aside, the man self-admittingly didn't care, didn't put in the effort required. He defrauded the franchise out of millions of dollars, set it back several years.

No, you shat on my team like that and I'll never root for that player again and the fact that there are those out there that still do make me sick...

AutoMax likes this

I don't think you should wear an outdated jersey of any knd whatsoever. Update with the current team.

That's your option of course. I have many older jerseys - and I mean many! I choose to wear current team jerseys, but I don't get rid of my old ones. Each one has some meaning to me and has memories tied to it.

Some people wear the jersey of players that have gone because they were their favorite player, because they can't afford to buy another one or because they just flat choose to. Each of those reasons is fine.

What is important is that we are all Falcon fans and that we cheer for the team. We shouldn't be at each others throats because of the number or name on the jersey. We get enough dissension from the opponent fans - we should be united as a fan base in supporting our team and drop the petty in-fighting among our fans.

We have something special people - stop bickering and start enjoying what you are experiencing. If not, you may find yourself missing out on something very wonderful - or just getting the tail end of it.

I'm waiting on Marta and this guy has a conversation with me about all the TV analysts doubting us. So we start to have a good conversation. Then he says 'But Ryan didn't have a good night'. I asked him what game he was watching and he said the defense won that game for us....the defense that almost let Flacco come back and take us down??? He kept pointing to the ONE play where Ryan didn't hit a wide open Roddy in the endzone and said it was a bad day.

I'm sorry but it's gotten illogically moronic. How any fan of any person or team can say a QB that threw 65%, 3 TD's, no turnovers, and completed the most passes against the Ravens in history didn't have a good night is beyond my comprehension. Get over it people, he's out QB now.

The guy is the first to carry us to back to back winning seasons, probably back to back to back. He's on pace to break the Falcons season record in yards and come close if not pass the touchdowns. He doesn't quit during a game and he can bring you back with less than a minute to go. And he has won 95% of his home games! That is insane!!!

What makes you think that he was a YKW fan?

Let me tell you a similar story about Thursday.

After the game, everyone was pretty hyped up. I was talking with my husband on the way out - and I was saying how this kid is a real winner and we are watching him grow up.

A Ravens fan who was walking out in the crowd with us overheard me saying 18-1, wow and he asked - is he really 18-1 at home? I said yes, and he started asking me questions about him - his 4th quarter comebacks, etc.

Anyway, we were chatting some, along with the guy in front of him. The Ravens fan says - you do know who you are talking to, right? And he nodded towards the jacket of the guy in front - who was wearing an Eagles jacket.

I was like, So? There are 32 teams and fans of all of them. If everyone was a Falcons fan, it would get real crowded in there and we probably would have to play scrimmages since without support - there wouldn't be other teams. The guy in the Eagles jersey laughed and said - that's true. He also said he comes to some of our home games and that the crowd tonight may have been the best in years. I agreed. He then said Ryan was looking really good. I replied, yep - and so is Vick. We are both fortunate.

We bumped fists as we headed off in different directions.

There was no anger and no bad feelings. We were fans of different teams - all 3 of us - and we could all laugh and discuss football without attacking each other.

Yet, we can't seem to do that on this board for some reason.

Every time someone has an opinion, one way or the other, someone else has to take a stab at them.

It's sad.

Yeah #2 jerseys are starting to take over the place. And #84 is making a nice surge around the stadium

Man, I've had my 84 since Roddy's second season. I remember some guy on here talking about how if he ever saw someone wearing that jersey he'd make fun of them or something like that (it was years ago). I think it's absurd to bag on people that are wearing Falcons jerseys, regardless of who they are and when they played. However, if they open their mouth and show themselves to be idiots...fire away LOL!!!

Let me tell you a similar story about Thursday.

After the game, everyone was pretty hyped up. I was talking with my husband on the way out - and I was saying how this kid is a real winner and we are watching him grow up.

A Ravens fan who was walking out in the crowd with us overheard me saying 18-1, wow and he asked - is he really 18-1 at home? I said yes, and he started asking me questions about him - his 4th quarter comebacks, etc.

Anyway, we were chatting some, along with the guy in front of him. The Ravens fan says - you do know who you are talking to, right? And he nodded towards the jacket of the guy in front - who was wearing an Eagles jacket.

I was like, So? There are 32 teams and fans of all of them. If everyone was a Falcons fan, it would get real crowded in there and we probably would have to play scrimmages since without support - there wouldn't be other teams. The guy in the Eagles jersey laughed and said - that's true. He also said he comes to some of our home games and that the crowd tonight may have been the best in years. I agreed. He then said Ryan was looking really good. I replied, yep - and so is Vick. We are both fortunate.

We bumped fists as we headed off in different directions.

There was no anger and no bad feelings. We were fans of different teams - all 3 of us - and we could all laugh and discuss football without attacking each other.

Yet, we can't seem to do that on this board for some reason.

Every time someone has an opinion, one way or the other, someone else has to take a stab at them.

It's sad.

post of the year material.

I don't see how anyone who calls themself a Falcon fan can be a Vick fan. Dogfighting and personal feelings about that aside, the man self-admittingly didn't care, didn't put in the effort required. He defrauded the franchise out of millions of dollars, set it back several years.

No, you shat on my team like that and I'll never root for that player again and the fact that there are those out there that still do make me sick...

He didnt really set us back several years. With petrino coming in as head coach, that would of set us back a couple years even with vick at the helm. We would of definantly been a mediocre team then. No excuse for him self addmitting he didnt care, didnt study, didnt put it in the effort while he was here, no excuses for that, but thats not going to stop me from being a football fan of his now. By any means do i not praise anything he did to our franchise, but it comes a time where u have to just forgive and forget. Of all people, if arthur blank can forgive and forget, everybody else shouldnt have a problem.

He didnt really set us back several years. With petrino coming in as head coach, that would of set us back a couple years even with vick at the helm. We would of definantly been a mediocre team then. No excuse for him self addmitting he didnt care, didnt study, didnt put it in the effort while he was here, no excuses for that, but thats not going to stop me from being a football fan of his now. By any means do i not praise anything he did to our franchise, but it comes a time where u have to just forgive and forget. Of all people, if arthur blank can forgive and forget, everybody else shouldnt have a problem.

Yeah, he did. Every year he was here and didn't do his job, he held the team back. Had he actually done what he was paid to do we probably would have been champs by now. Nah, he took a big old dump on the franchise by not giving a **** so no, I can't find it in me to root for him at all. Blank pretty much has to put on the front of forgiving and forgetting so he doesn't look like an ***. I don't have that problem, I can look like an *** all I want. :D

HouseofEuphoria and AutoMax like this

Yeah, he did. Every year he was here and didn't do his job, he held the team back. Had he actually done what he was paid to do we probably would have been champs by now. Nah, he took a big old dump on the franchise by not giving a **** so no, I can't find it in me to root for him at all. Blank pretty much has to put on the front of forgiving and forgetting so he doesn't look like an ***. I don't have that problem, I can look like an *** all I want. :D

Its one thing to say he didnt do his job, and we actually see results of it, but no one knew anything until he said it, so dont act like we just plain out sucked. He did lead us to a playoff appearance, winning a playoff game in lambeau field which no one else has done. Him not studying and working his a@@ off did not show on the field.If he would of never admitted he didnt study, no one would have never known.

Its one thing to say he didnt do his job, and we actually see results of it, but no one knew anything until he said it, so dont act like we just plain out sucked. He did lead us to a playoff appearance, winning a playoff game in lambeau field which no one else has done. Him not studying and working his a@@ off did not show on the field.If we would of never admitted he didnt study, no one would have never known.

Anyone that understands quarterback play and the reading of progressions could tell. There were always grumblings of him not taking practice seriously. Last one in and first to leave. I was a huge fan of Vick, and I still enjoy watching him play, but he just thought he could go out there and make it off of raw talent. Not in the NFL. Now he is a complete qb, but he is still fragile.

HouseofEuphoria likes this

Anyone that understands quarterback play and the reading of progressions could tell. There were always grumblings of him not taking practice seriously. Last one in and first to leave. I was a huge fan of Vick, and I still enjoy watching him play, but he just thought he could go out there and make it off of raw talent. Not in the NFL. Now he is a complete qb, but he is still fragile.

There has never really been a QB like vick to really understand his style of play. Yes you can argue randall cunningham, d-mcnabb but him coming out of v-tech, he was always a run first QB. You can see that kinda changed as the years went on of him being a falcon, so obviously he did learn something. His raw talent got him through college, and the first couple years of his nfl career until he became more mature at the QB position and Ive remember him plenty of times going through his progessions and checking the ball down or throwing to his 3rd or 4th option. You cant put all the blame on him for him not really progressing like matt has done. There is the QB coach, offensive coordinator/etc...Ive heard many times that the offensive coordinator had his playbook centered around vick to play to his advantages which means him running. Who is to blame for that???not vick..

There has never really been a QB like vick to really understand his style of play. Yes you can argue randall cunningham, d-mcnabb but him coming out of v-tech, he was always a run first QB. You can see that kinda changed as the years went on of him being a falcon, so obviously he did learn something. His raw talent got him through college, and the first couple years of his nfl career until he became more mature at the QB position and Ive remember him plenty of times going through his progessions and checking the ball down or throwing to his 3rd or 4th option. You cant put all the blame on him for him not really progressing like matt has done. There is the QB coach, offensive coordinator/etc...Ive heard many times that the offensive coordinator had his playbook centered around vick to play to his advantages which means him running. Who is to blame for that???not vick..

Don't get me wrong. I think Knapp is trash, but Vick's footwork was horrible and his pocket presence even worse. Who's to say they weren't only giving him what he could learn? That shouldn't even be a question when talking about a qb that has been in the league for 5 or 6 years. He had the same QB coach we have now and didn't progress. He would constantly run into sacks and fumbled a lot. Those things can be fixed with time and effort.

He didn't really progress to me as the years went on whle being a falcon. he regressed if anything. His last season he ran for over 1000 yards. That's not a bad thing, but it shows that he wasn't really progressing in the passing game. Part of the problem was the system. He wasn't and never will be a west coast qb. He's a much better deep ball thrower 1 because of his lack of touch and 2 because of his lack of height.

That being said he could have become more proficient at it with work, but by his own admission he wasn't doing that. It took prison for him to gain perspective and that's just too bad. Now he's an Eagle though....

Don't get me wrong. I think Knapp is trash, but Vick's footwork was horrible and his pocket presence even worse. Who's to say they weren't only giving him what he could learn? That shouldn't even be a question when talking about a qb that has been in the league for 5 or 6 years. He had the same QB coach we have now and didn't progress. He would constantly run into sacks and fumbled a lot. Those things can be fixed with time and effort.

He didn't really progress to me as the years went on whle being a falcon. he regressed if anything. His last season he ran for over 1000 yards. That's not a bad thing, but it shows that he wasn't really progressing in the passing game. Part of the problem was the system. He wasn't and never will be a west coast qb. He's a much better deep ball thrower 1 because of his lack of touch and 2 because of his lack of height.

That being said he could have become more proficient at it with work, but by his own admission he wasn't doing that. It took prison for him to gain perspective and that's just too bad. Now he's an Eagle though....

you said it all..people put all the blame on him when it was not all his fault. If the coordinator says "hey, we are going to make our playbook around you", instead of helping him progress by put him in a playbook that make him a real, stand in the pocket QB, and only ran when he had too, then it wouldnt have been a problem. He came into the league as a run first QB. They wanted to keep that phylosphy going. Then lets not get into the offensive line he had, which could also be the blame for his 1000 yard seasons rushing the ball.

Exactly. There were plenty of us who saw it, recognized it, pointed it out, got ridiculed for it (and some got banned for it). We were called racists, haters, etc. It was blatantly obvious that he had one read and then run.

Also notice the effect it had on teammates. Roddy White sluffed off and didn't do the right things but after Vick was gone, he suddenly started doing things right. How many others were affected like this? What could have been?

Nah, I'm not a fan of his at all and never will be. He's in the Jeff George category as far as I'm concerned...