Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dharma Initiative

OK The YKW Fans at Games Are Getting Ridiculous

180 posts in this topic

seriously dude???

I still have a vick jersey, and i wear it because ITS A FALCON JERSEY..So you just automatically think because a fan has on his jersey, that means he or she is a vick fan first, and a falcon fan 2nd??? I bet the next thing you will say is the color of his skin makes him a vick fan also right???smh...dont assume anything.

Crank man, you seem like a good poster and a heckuva fan and I don't mean this in a bad way, but, to wear a jersey of a player, whose off the field activities brought a negative light to the team I love dearly, well to me, that is just placing a specific player above the team concept. Maybe that why I don't get emotionally vested in a certain player at the expense of the total package (Atlanta Falcons Football Club).

To see the difference between Vick & Ryan, just look at the 4th quarter. With Vick at QB, we went on a streak of something like 26 games in a row without a 4th quarter comeback win. With Ryan, in 3 years I believe he's led more 4th quarter comeback wins than Vick did his 6 years in Atlanta.

Its such a huge difference having a QB who actually understands routes, defenses and knows where his players are going to be on every play.

I do not get the consequence you like YKW and so you hate Ryan?

Arthur Blank hates Ryan? He likes YKW, he said it several times despite YKW lied to him in the worst way!

Roddy White had a Free YKW Shirt and so he hates Ryan?

I think, that Ryan had a fantastic game and that he is developing in a fantastic QB. He improved his arm strength. The ball is going out faster and deeper. He has solid/good pocket awareness and he leads the team.

He is our franchise QB and I am proud, that we have such a guy.

But I am honest, I have still sympathy for YKW. I am feeling the same way like Arthur Blank. It was a huge dissapointment, how he let the orginazation down. But I am happy for him, that he is a starting QB again in this leauge.

That he is grown as person and so said Arthuer Blank, that was huge for him. And I think, it is a good story.

So now I am not a falcons fan anymore? Oh I hope Blank is called still a falcons fan.

It is not black or white, not fire or ice, not Ryan or YKW...

Please explain that to the countless Vick advocates who frequent this board and bash Ryan at every opportunity.

Crank man, you seem like a good poster and a heckuva fan and I don't mean this in a bad way, but, to wear a jersey of a player, whose off the field activities brought a negative light to the team I love dearly, well to me, that is just placing a specific player above the team concept. Maybe that why I don't get emotionally vested in a certain player at the expense of the total package (Atlanta Falcons Football Club).

So im suppose to dispose of a authentic "falcons" jersey regardless of whose name is on the back, just because of what he did off the field??The fact of the matter is, its still a falcons jersey that i paid good money for, so im going to wear it. Does it classify me as a vick fan??No it doesnt. Do i still like vick as a player??Yes i do. Do i like vick over matt ryan and the falcons??**** naw. Case point, falcons come first.

aPureTerror, Atl/0 and mcsupersport like this

Blank needs to have a trade in a Vick jersey for a free Ryan jersey day.

That would be awesome (or any current player). It would be the same color and quality too: replica, premier, or authentic.

So im suppose to dispose of a authentic "falcons" jersey regardless of whose name is on the back, just because of what he did off the field??The fact of the matter is, its still a falcons jersey that i paid good money for, so im going to wear it. Does it classify me as a vick fan??No it doesnt. Do i still like vick as a player??Yes i do. Do i like vick over matt ryan and the falcons??**** naw. Case point, falcons come first.

Yes, you should burn it.

Kidding. If you want to be a Vick lover, that's your business. But if you think for a second in anyway Vick should still be our QB after he way he disgraced this team, or that Ryan has been nothing short of phenomenal, and deserves the Falcons staring QB job, you have issues. (i'm not necessarily saying you personally, but Vick defenders in general)

You can wear what you want, it's your right, but don't get pissed if you are judged by others for wearing it. Maybe you don't care and maybe you shouldn't. But there is no way someone can wear an Atlanta Falcons Michael Vick jersey without at least giving the appearance of condoning his behavior. Like it or not that's how the world works. I go to work in a Grateful Dead shirt, my co-workers are going to assume I'm a pothead. Maybe I'm not, but you have to deal with the consequences of your decisions.

I gave my replica Vick jersey away to an Eagles fan. But if I had an Authentic Vick Jersey, I'd be raising some **** with NFL shop until I got my money back or a swap. To me wearing a Vick jersey would be the same as wearing a Razorback Jersey with Petrino on the back.

Yes, you should burn it.

Kidding. If you want to be a Vick lover, that's your business. But if you think for a second in anyway Vick should still be our QB after he way he disgraced this team, or that Ryan has been nothing short of phenomenal, and deserves the Falcons staring QB job, you have issues. (i'm not necessarily saying you personally, but Vick defenders in general)

You can wear what you want, it's your right, but don't get pissed if you are judged by others for wearing it. Maybe you don't care and maybe you shouldn't. But there is no way someone can wear an Atlanta Falcons Michael Vick jersey without at least giving the appearance of condoning his behavior. Like it or not that's how the world works. I go to work in a Grateful Dead shirt, my co-workers are going to assume I'm a pothead. Maybe I'm not, but you have to deal with the consequences of your decisions.

I gave my replica Vick jersey away to an Eagles fan. But if I had an Authentic Vick Jersey, I'd be raising some **** with NFL shop until I got my money back or a swap. To me wearing a Vick jersey would be the same as wearing a Razorback Jersey with Petrino on the back.

Save it. People still won't understand.

Spin it like this...what if you went to an Atlanta Braves game and saw a guy wearing a John Rocker jersey? What kind of message, if any, do you think he'd be sending.

I'm out of touch, what's YKW?

During the weeks following the Vick fiasco, there were so many threads about Vick that the Mods had to actually create a Vick forum. Then, due to so many threads still turning into Vick discussions, the Mods went crazy and moved any thread what so ever that had V-I-C-K in it. Even if the thread stayed away from any of the Vick topics, they would just automatically move the thread.

Therefore, the posters on here started to get wise to the fact that the Mods were simply scanning for the word "Vick" and instead, started to call him "you-know-who" so that a perfectly good thread wouldn't get sent to the Vick forum (where no one visited and it would just die).

Eventually, the "you-know-who" got shorted to YKW.

There, now you know. ;)

During the weeks following the Vick fiasco, there were so many threads about Vick that the Mods had to actually create a Vick forum. Then, due to so many threads still turning into Vick discussions, the Mods went crazy and moved any thread what so ever that had V-I-C-K in it. Even if the thread stayed away from any of the Vick topics, they would just automatically move the thread.

Therefore, the posters on here started to get wise to the fact that the Mods were simply scanning for the word "Vick" and instead, started to call him "you-know-who" so that a perfectly good thread wouldn't get sent to the Vick forum (where no one visited and it would just die).

Eventually, the "you-know-who" got shorted to YKW.

There, now you know. ;)

Cool, we have our own lil world... our own lil history on the boards. LOL

Yes, you should burn it.

+1. Nothing against you Crankdat but I completely agree with the above post. Still liking Vick is one thing, I personally don't anymore, but if you are 1st and foremost a Falcons fan IMO you shouldn't wear a Falcons Vick jersey.... especially to a game.

I will wear my Vick jersey and I dare one of you b******* to say something to me. In fact, I will pay you to do it. I will also wear a Dunn and Brooking jersey since we have a bunch of so called Falcon decision makers who decide who is or isn't a fan. This will be fun for me, in fact, I will make a thread the next time I go to a game. I will up this and dare you to come up to me and speak your mind. I want to see which one of you have any heart, if you have heart, don't be shock when even Capt. Planet can't help you.

I will wear my Vick jersey and I dare one of you ******** to say something to me. In fact, I will pay you to do it. I will also wear a Dunn and Brooking jersey since we have a bunch of so called Falcon decision makers who decide who is or isn't fan. This will be fun for me, in fact, I will make a thread the next time I go to a game. I will up this and dare you to come up to me and speak your mind. I want to see which one of you have any heart, if you have heart, don't be shock when even Capt. Planet can't help you.

How's that Eagle green feel on a Sunday afternoon?

I will wear my Vick jersey and I dare one of you b******* to say something to me. In fact, I will pay you to do it. I will also wear a Dunn and Brooking jersey since we have a bunch of so called Falcon decision makers who decide who is or isn't a fan. This will be fun for me, in fact, I will make a thread the next time I go to a game. I will up this and dare you to come up to me and speak your mind. I want to see which one of you have any heart, if you have heart, don't be shock when even Capt. Planet can't help you.

ruhroh.gif

slamee101 likes this

Man... nobody said anything about going up to someone wearing a Vick jersey. I don't give a **** what you or any other fan for that matter wears.

I understand where some are coming from when they say that they bought the jersey and will wear it. BUT fact is if you still wear a Falcons Vick jersey you still like. The whole point was if you don't want to be labeled a Vick fan if you are really a Falcons fan don't wear his jersey. Like it or not, that's the way it is.

a-InternetToughGuy1.jpg

Even if you're cool with dogfighting and killing dogs, and lying to the organization and the coaches and Blank, and admitting to not trying to be a better player and giving up in games, WHY would you want to wear the jersey of the ******* Eagles QB?

It's like wearing an old Favre jersey in Green Bay. It just makes you look dumb in the eyes of our fanbase and our opponents'.

Even if it's the only jersey you own and you can't afford a new one.

Threads like this keeps hate alive in falcons land.

From what I've read if you wear a vick falcons jersey your automatically not a fan of the team.

If you publically state that you like vick as a player that means you hate ryan.

I didn't know this before but I do now.

MoKak, Kookoo, rounz and 2 others like this

Man... nobody said anything about going up to someone wearing a Vick jersey. I don't give a **** what you or any other fan for that matter wears.

I understand where some are coming from when they say that they bought the jersey and will wear it. BUT fact is if you still wear a Falcons Vick jersey you still like. The whole point was if you don't want to be labeled a Vick fan if you are really a Falcons fan don't wear his jersey. Like it or not, that's the way it is.

I said it once and I will say it again, you can be a fan of a player but are much bigger fan of your team and your players. Who is my favorite player, Vick. Second favorite, Ryan. 3rd, Roddy. I made it clear as well. Nothing is wrong with that. That Brooking poster favorite team is the Falcons, his favorite player, Brooking. My favorite hoops team is the Hawks. Favorite player in the league, Kobe. Second, Horford, 3rd is Melo.

slamee101, Atl/0, MK1978 and 2 others like this

It is time to put away the Vick jerseys.

Maybe the Falcons should have a "trade in your # 7" for free beer day !

I'm sure those still wearing 7 would be more than happy to trade for free beer.

kevykev21 and Goal Line D like this

Well the term "fan" and "intelligent" do not belong in the same sentence. That goes a long ways in explaining weird fan behavior.

But I always wonder why being a fan of Vick or Ryan has to be mutually exclusive. I love em both and root for both unless Vick is playing us. I am really really happy to have Ryan as our QB. but I also wish Vick the best wherever he plays.

We have been blessed in Atlanta to have those 2 guys play for us IMHO.

Finally, you wear whatever jerseys ya want people. It's still a free country for now.

Atl/0, rounz, MoKak and 3 others like this