And Just Like That... Now We Are Ravens Fans

Many people were saying that last night's game was not that important because they are AFC. I think it was because the Ravens stand a great chance to hang losses on NO and TB. We might not need it going forward but winning a game they might lose might make the difference if this race stays this close.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as much as i hate to say it, i think the saints match up better against the ravens than we did...we rely heavily on the run game, and that 3-4 shut down that game...ryan just had a great game against them and we got a w out of it...but man will i be pulling for ed reed to be the ball hawk that he usually is and intercept a couple of passes from brees

Yup, suddenly they're my second favorite team. Maybe because they're the AFC equivalent to our very own Falcons. We really are as close to mirror images of each other as two NFL teams can get.

And because I want them to trounce the Aints and Sucks.

Yup, and unless I read this stat wrong (If I did, oops) but last night they said since 2008, both the Falcons and Ravens went 11-5, then 9-7 and then going into last night we were both 6-2. Thats crazy.

Yup, suddenly they're my second favorite team. Maybe because they're the AFC equivalent to our very own Falcons. We really are as close to mirror images of each other as two NFL teams can get.

And because I want them to trounce the Aints and Sucks.

They have a lot of similarities, and some of that I attribute to Smitty coming from their coaching tree. I also think Ozzie and TD share some of the same ideas on drafting.

I hope they take out their frustrations on TB and NO. And, OMG, they play Carolina next. God help them.

Oh, I think the Ravens can handle the panthers, oh wait....... you mean, never mind:rolleyes:

But seriously, not only do they play the Saints and the Bucs- they play them in baltimore and the week before those teams play the falcons- not only could they get wins, but they could beat h##l out them as well.

Many people were saying that last night's game was not that important because they are AFC. I think it was because the Ravens stand a great chance to hang losses on NO and TB. We might not need it going forward but winning a game they might lose might make the difference if this race stays this close.

I know that, We WANT the Ravens to beat the Saints, we want anybody to beat the saints. I've heard callers on the radio stations and all the whiners are vick nut huggers or saints fans, the ravens fans know it could have gone either way. This town is screwed up, we could win the Super Bowl and the Vick nut huggers would STILL complain. :P Hes GONE, become a EAGLES Fan, we want you to. :P

I hope they take out their frustrations on TB and NO. And, OMG, they play Carolina next. God help them.

Oh man. Vegas might want to consider taking the Baltimore-Carolina game off their boards. Can you imagine being Jimmie Claussen right now, having Ray Ray and the gang stew over blowing this game for ten days and being the folks they take out their frustrations on?

Yup, and unless I read this stat wrong (If I did, oops) but last night they said since 2008, both the Falcons and Ravens went 11-5, then 9-7 and then going into last night we were both 6-2. Thats crazy.

I said it in another thread that they are our AFC doppelganger. It is hard not to like them. I visited their board all week and they were, for the most part, extremely classy.

I think the Ryan vs Flacco debate is more important to them because they feel Ryan gets more attention. I understand that and I wouldn't let them draw me into the debate because I stopped caring about it sometime after 2008 and to them Flacco is the guy that helped turn things around for the Ravens. That is a stat Ryan doesn't have since he plays for us.

i'm suddenly a ravens, vikings, and definitely a cowboys fan. if the cowboys can run the table that means hanging losses on the giants, eagles twice, and saints.

vikings also get the packers, giants, and eagles.

I hate the Cowboys so much that I can't even cheer for them. But, I guess I can hold my nose if they can hand out a few losses to help us out winning home field advantage. Gotta puke just thinking about. I love the misery they are going thru right now.

I hate the Cowboys so much that I can't even cheer for them. But, I guess I can hold my nose if they can hand out a few losses to help us out winning home field advantage. Gotta puke just thinking about. I love the misery they are going thru right now.

I call it rooting for a team to lose in those situations not rooting for someone I hate to win.

There is no rivalry with the Ravens though. I guess some people can go out of their way to find reasons to hate another team but I don't.

as much as i hate to say it, i think the saints match up better against the ravens than we did...we rely heavily on the run game, and that 3-4 shut down that game...ryan just had a great game against them and we got a w out of it...but man will i be pulling for ed reed to be the ball hawk that he usually is and intercept a couple of passes from brees

I don't think the Ravens shut down our running game. We never committed to running the ball. Our game plan, from the beginning, was to throw it around. We just ran some to keep them honest.