The Falcons will represent the NFC in the Super Bowl

Preparation is key and the Birds have more time to prepare than the Rams do but the Rams have only lost once at home this year - Arizona 17-13. And the most points scored on them at home has been 17 points (twice). But the Lions did beat them 44-6 (in Detroit).

The Rams match up horribly to Atlanta, look for Turner to have a 150 yard game. If we are for real, we take care of the Rams, easily.

Rev, while I truly admire your optimism, there's just too much football yet to be played. "On the path" does seem to be a better if somewhat safer synopsis at this point.

Are we capable? H3ll yes!

Are we there yet? No, not yet.

Things are still headed for a showdown with the Saints Dec. 27th, MNF, in what could prove to be the biggest regular season game in Falcons history.

On a side note, should my heart fail me before it's all over and decided this season, I leave to you my Wacom digitized drawing tablet and my copy of Photoshop.^_^

I concur. That Saints game is starting look bigger and bigger as time goes by.

The funniest of all thing is? Jerry Built his palace for hopefully his team to play in the super bowl and they CRASHED and BURNED. And WHO was on his team that ragged us to death last year, who will NOT be a Cowboy more then likely since the guy that got him there is gone now. Keith Brooking"s".

Now how bad would it pizz him off, that the team that booted him is now playing for the super bowl where he played. :P

Love it. You know what is funny also? I don't think I have heard ANY announcer not say his name without the "s" this whole year. It used to bother me a little, but now it makes me chuckle.

I believe that the Falcons are going to the Super bowl. The way that the schedule is looking, The Falcons could easily have home field advantage through the playoffs. The only real team in our way is the Giants. If the Falcons get home field, we are going to the big game.

I think the Falcons have the chance to run the table, but I see us finishing 12-4 or 13-3. This is going to be our year.

That's strong words for a pretty good team. I think the falcons make the playoffs, but it's too early to tell what will happen. Also, this prediction opens up so much great conversation when you guys fail again. laugh.gif

It will be fun too read.

Thanks

I think the Falcons will at least get to the NFC Championship game this year. That win over the Ravens was HUGE!! I picked Atlanta to finish either 11-5 or 12-4 this year and I'm sticking with that. Here's my thinking:

--Win against New Orleans and we finish 12-4/13-3 and win the NFC South.

--Lose to the Saints and we'll probably finish 11-5 and win the wildcard. Someone earlier insinuated that the winner of the divison will be the lone NFC South representative. I wholeheartedly disagree. There will be TWO teams from our division who will make the playoffs.

Someone posted this:

(Here's how I see it!)

(Should Win Games - Rams, Seahawks and Panthers (twice).

Matchup Games - Packers, Saints and Bucs. )

(IF we win the 'Should Win' games and only win one of the Matchups, we're looking at a 12-4 season and most likely, at least a wildcard berth (if the Saints happen to win the division). Two of the 'Matchups' are at home and we should find a way to win one of those games. If we do win the Should Win games and TWO of the Matchup games, we end up with a 13-3 record and most likely the NFC South Champioship (and quite possibly home dome advantage throughout the playoffs). )

--I think there's a chance we could lose one of the "Should Win" games. It always seems to happen to every team at least once a year. So we better be on top of our game!

To continue this other person's quote:

(IF we should lose to the Packers, then the games at Tampa and the home game vs the Saints become 'Must Win' games to have a chance at winning the division. I truly feel that the Falcons will have to win the NFC South before even being considered a team to represent the NFC Conference, because in doing so, it will most likely win the home field advantage in the playoffs. )

--I don't think losing to the Pack will affect our chances of winning the division (we can afford to lose a game right now and still be in the division race). However, losing to the Pack just MIGHT cost us our chance to get the #1 seed in the NFC.

The way I see it, the only teams that stand in our way in the NFC are Green Bay, New Orleans, and Philly. The Pack lack a running game but we're stellar against the run and they will attempt to air it out against us irregardless. New Orleans will be a tough out NO MATTER WHAT. And we saw what Philly did to us early this year. The person who scares me the most is ...ahem... Vick.

As for the Giants? To be honest, they don't scare me. In fact, I think they're quite a bit overrated. I think it's funny how people have jumped on their bandwagon. Remember the first few weeks of the season? The Giants were called HORRIBLE. Their D is playing great now, sure, but I have a feeling they'll go into a slump. Philly should win that division.

My predictions for the Superbowl? Falcons vs Ravens. Rematch of Ryan vs Flacco.

Edited by L.T.
  • 2 months later...