"Don't hate, educate"

http://www.ajc.com/news/protesters-challenge-regents-on-735895.html

About 30 protesters chanted "don’t hate, educate" outside the state Board of Regents on Wednesday to oppose the regents banning illegal immigrants from some colleges....read the rest of the article at the above link.

I think I'll just stop paying property and income tax, and go stand outside the my city hall and IRS with a megaphone and yell "don't hate, educate". Think they'll absolve me from having to pay?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

are said illegal immigrants going to cut my grass or paint my house for free? doubt it. i work a full time job and do everything that i can to help support my family and already have to support the people that won't work. think i want to put someone through college that isn't here legally on top of that? **** no.....

I missed the part of the article where it says that mookie3127 has to put someone through college....

I missed the part of the article where it says that mookie3127 has to put someone through college....

just the part about tax payers helping to fund their college education and since i'm a tax paying citizen, i figured it should be pretty obvious with my previous statement that i feel that my taxes can be better spent......or at least should be.

just the part about tax payers helping to fund their college education and since i'm a tax paying citizen, i figured it should be pretty obvious with my previous statement that i feel that my taxes can be better spent......or at least should be.

I still dont see how this article is about your tax dollars paying for someone's education.

http://www.ajc.com/news/protesters-challenge-regents-on-735895.html

About 30 protesters chanted "don’t hate, educate" outside the state Board of Regents on Wednesday to oppose the regents banning illegal immigrants from some colleges....read the rest of the article at the above link.

I think I'll just stop paying property and income tax, and go stand outside the my city hall and IRS with a megaphone and yell "don't hate, educate". Think they'll absolve me from having to pay?

I am sure they will " educate" you. :P

Ok. I've just read this article for the 3rd time. And I'm being serious. Where does it say anything about funding education for illegals? Am I missing like a "page 2" button or something on my screen?

It doesn't take a stretch to imagine if they are illegal aliens they are not rolling in cash. If they are that kills the myth of " just wanting to better themselves" by coming here.

Out of state tuition is pretty high. How can anyone doubt they will be applying for Grants? who will pay for the grants? I don't think I'm just being a xenophobe here.

Any human being who is paid via paycheck in the US pays all relevant taxes.

I thought so, too before a Mexican I worked with showed me his paychechs and there was ZERO taxes took out. How did he do it? I don't have a clue, but I know what I saw.

And on top of that, he quit us, went to another contractor on the same work site and had a completely different name and a paycheck to match that one.

I thought so, too before a Mexican I worked with showed me his paychechs and there was ZERO taxes took out. How did he do it? I don't have a clue, but I know what I saw.

And on top of that, he quit us, went to another contractor on the same work site and had a completely different name and a paycheck to match that one.

He could have claimed exempt on his W4 and G4, but your employer should have looked into that. It has been my experience that, of the few illegal immigrants who have been sussed out of the companies I work for, all but one have claimed the normal number of exemptions and have not claimed exempt.

He could have claimed exempt on his W4 and G4, but your employer should have looked into that. It has been my experience that, of the few illegal immigrants who have been sussed out of the companies I work for, all but one have claimed the normal number of exemptions and have not claimed exempt.

But see, that's why I blame the system more than the people who use it. What incentive did our boss or his other employer have to check into anything? He was cheap labor for him so he aint knocking over that apple cart.