Be careful what you ask for...

Good thread. Ravens lost to Cinn, got taken to OT by Buf, came within 30 seconds of losing to the steelers 4th string QB- this is not the 72 dolphins here. They're like the falcons, they've found ways to win.

Yes, they're a good team, but so are the falcons.

Several key components of the ravens are 30+, let's see how they do in the fourth quarter on a short week.

Ryan is 17-1 at home. He's on pace for 3900 yards, 26 TDs and only 10 INTs this year.

The two best ST tacklers from last year will be playing STs this week- Biermann and Nicholas. They'd been taken off the STs because they were starters, coaches asked both of them if they'd play ST, both said yes.

A month ago, Ryan didn't have any 40+ yard throws- now he's one of the leaders in that category.

Turner is playing like 08. White is a monster. Abe has 6 sacks. Babs is a stud. Moore has 3 picks and some monster hits. There's actually a dome field advantage.

Falcons can certainly win this game.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't speak for anyone else, but, I'm waiting for "the other shoe to drop". Just seems to me that whenever the Falcons seem to be on the cusp of something monumental, something bad happens. Yes, I realize that this is not the Falcon teams of yester year, but old habits are hard to break.

Yep..long time fans have had this happened to them for a long time and I think it's a bit silly and unfair to fault someone for being worried that it will happen again. To me If you aren't nervous or worried, it shows you aren't respecting the other team and that seem silly as well considering who we are playing. And if f our players do that, bad things could happen.

When the falcons start winning games like this one or the superbowl, then the thread starter has a point. But at this point, I don't see how anyone can blame anyone for being nervous.

Edited by lookout

So, Falcons fans, you say you want a Super Bowl contender? Well, now you've got it. You say you want your team to be recognized and respected as one of the elite teams in the NFL? Well, at 6-2, it seems to me you're well on your to getting that, too. But, all this fear-mongering I've been reading on the boards this week about tomorrow night's game versus the Ravens has me wondering if, in fact, we really do want what we're asking for?

Perhaps I'm misconstruing what I've been reading, which I don't mean to do, but to see so many people talking about how "worried" and "nervous" and "scared" they are about Ray Lewis and the Ravens, doesn't portend a fan base that is confident (not arrogant) about their team. I mean, here we all are, thinking that this could very well be "the year" for the Falcons, and yet, too many of us are quaking in our boots at the prospect of facing a team that could very well end up being our opponent in the Super Bowl in a few months. I mean, it would seem to me that, if indeed we really and truly want that trip Dallas - as participants, not spectators - then we should openly welcome a chance to go up against the Ravens - or anyone else - and on national TV at that.

Again, I'm talking confidence, not arrogance, so don't get me wrong. However, some of y'all are talking as if there's only one 6-2 team taking the field tomorrow night and it's not the Falcons. The Ravens have already lost two games, so that alone proves they're not invincible (as some of y'all make them out to be). Two teams have already found a way to beat them and now they're coming into our house against a QB who is 17-1 at home. Now, maybe it's just me, but I'm thinking a 17-1 home record is worth a little something, don't you?

The Ravens are bad-*****, no doubt, but so are the Falcons. The Falcons went toe-to-toe against the Steelers on the road in Week 1 (and should have won, in my opinion), they went into the house of the defending Super Bowl champions and played what I deem to be the most mentally-focused game they've played all year, and they've won some games when they haven't played their best ball for four quarters.

Look, my point in all this is that we asked for this, so let's act like it and show a little more faith in our team. The Ravens are beatable, but half the battle is believing. Two other teams have already done it, so why not us?

I think people openly welcome the chance to play Baltimore. What they are afraid, nervous, or worried about is a disappointing result and the national media talking about "the same old Falcons". To them it's just heartbreaking.

Yep..long time fans have had this happened to them for a long time and I think it's a bit silly and unfair to fault someone for being worried that it will happen again. To me If you aren't nervous or worried, it shows you aren't respecting the other team and that seem silly as well considering who we are playing. And if f our players do that, bad things could happen.

When the falcons start winning games like this one or the superbowl, then the thread starter has a point. But at this point, I don't see how anyone can blame anyone for being nervous.

Its not disrespecting the other team to have confidence in your own team, and I seriously doubt our coaches and players underestimate our opponent. As a fan of the falcons (and im just speaking for myself) is to support my team. I acknowledge that the Ravens are good, but to say that I'm disrespecting them because Im not a "wait and see what my team does before I show confidence in them" falcons fan doesn't make any sense. Like I said I'm not worried about this game. They have the same chance of beating us as every other team does on our schedule so why worry. I expect us to win. GOOO FALCONS!!!

I appreciate the OP by Bankerbird, and it is by Gawd a good one too.

Mularkey, designed a great came plan for the Bungles, and last week

he started slipping right back into his same old plays that fool nobody,

not even the Bucks.

In this game vs the Magpies, we will have to throw the ball to open the running game.

Sorry, I just do not see it.

We will have to Air the ball early and often to get up on the Ravens, and if Mularkey

opens with a run , run, throw and Punt to open the game, it will be a disappointing night.

Mark My Words.

If we win, I will make my post and take a well deserved Beating from all.

The Ravens are going to Kill Us Thursday Night and eat us too.

This isn't college football. Every game isn't like a playoff game.

Every game is important, yes. We want to win them all. We want playoffs, we want to win our division, we want home field in the playoffs.

But you have to play some tough games, you have to learn from each game and get better during the course of the season. Now don't get me wrong, I am going to be furious if we don't defend the dome. We need to play well, we need to prove to the rest of the league that we are for real.

But if we lose, we will have something to learn from. After 8 games we know a lot about ourselves. The ravens are going to bring their best game, and we can learn a bit more about our team. Win or lose, I can't see a negative result coming from this game *barring injuries*.

So, Falcons fans, you say you want a Super Bowl contender? Well, now you've got it. You say you want your team to be recognized and respected as one of the elite teams in the NFL? Well, at 6-2, it seems to me you're well on your to getting that, too. But, all this fear-mongering I've been reading on the boards this week about tomorrow night's game versus the Ravens has me wondering if, in fact, we really do want what we're asking for?

Perhaps I'm misconstruing what I've been reading, which I don't mean to do, but to see so many people talking about how "worried" and "nervous" and "scared" they are about Ray Lewis and the Ravens, doesn't portend a fan base that is confident (not arrogant) about their team. I mean, here we all are, thinking that this could very well be "the year" for the Falcons, and yet, too many of us are quaking in our boots at the prospect of facing a team that could very well end up being our opponent in the Super Bowl in a few months. I mean, it would seem to me that, if indeed we really and truly want that trip Dallas - as participants, not spectators - then we should openly welcome a chance to go up against the Ravens - or anyone else - and on national TV at that.

Again, I'm talking confidence, not arrogance, so don't get me wrong. However, some of y'all are talking as if there's only one 6-2 team taking the field tomorrow night and it's not the Falcons. The Ravens have already lost two games, so that alone proves they're not invincible (as some of y'all make them out to be). Two teams have already found a way to beat them and now they're coming into our house against a QB who is 17-1 at home. Now, maybe it's just me, but I'm thinking a 17-1 home record is worth a little something, don't you?

The Ravens are bad-*****, no doubt, but so are the Falcons. The Falcons went toe-to-toe against the Steelers on the road in Week 1 (and should have won, in my opinion), they went into the house of the defending Super Bowl champions and played what I deem to be the most mentally-focused game they've played all year, and they've won some games when they haven't played their best ball for four quarters.

Look, my point in all this is that we asked for this, so let's act like it and show a little more faith in our team. The Ravens are beatable, but half the battle is believing. Two other teams have already done it, so why not us?

Banker...much respect to a fellow long-time poster, but I think that you might want to take into consideration what many have had to deal with for the past 44 years. I think you can understand those out there who have employed a "glass half-empty" mentality. I think a win tomorrow might shift their collective psyche.

Go Falcons. GO. FALCONS.

This is a terrific thread. I totally agree with Banker, Falcons fans want to know if this team is really a Super Bowl contender, well, this is a good chance for us all to gauge the team against a squad that is definitely going to be in the thick of it in the AFC.

It's a more valuable test than any game the Falcons have played this year.

thank God some reasonable talk...I believe and have faith in the falcons as well.

Banker...much respect to a fellow long-time poster, but I think that you might want to take into consideration what many have had to deal with for the past 44 years. I think you can understand those out there who have employed a "glass half-empty" mentality. I think a win tomorrow might shift their collective psyche.

Go Falcons. GO. FALCONS.

"Those who DO NOT REMEMBER the past, are condemned to repeat it."-George Santayana. I understand the "half-empty" mentality. I've been one for most of those 44 years. From watching Bartkowski, & the "Gritz-Blitz", etc., to the '98 Dirty-Birds. I've been built-up & let down, more times than Pamela Anderson's chest. I've been to many games, screamed 'til I couldn't talk for days, my friends won't watch with me anymore because I get so "RILED UP". That being said, I've seen today's Birds, "FINISH THE GAME", when in the past we would have FOLDED at the END. I am "ELATED" at the fact that we are "HERE", "NOW", & win or lose, I just want to say "RISE UP", get "RILED UP!!". JUST GET UP!!! & WIN or LOSE, we are "ONLY GETTING BETTER" from NOW ON!!! I LOVE IT !! GOOOO FALCONS!!!

I am worried about only 1 thing in tomorrow night's game...the Falcon O Line.

It seemed as though in the 2nd half of the Bucs game...they were wearing out. We had the lead...we needed to run the ball. Tampa new we were going to run it and our O Line was getting beat bad...by a D line that is nowhere as good as Baltimore's.

If our O line gets dominated that will lead to too many 3 and outs. You cant expect Ryan and our WRs to bail us out on 3rd and 6 plus. Then Baltimore will win the time of possession and our D will wear down. I have seen this countless times when we face a tough defense.

The O line better be ready to play. Against a team like Baltimore...they will win or lose this for us...count on it.

I'm not worried. They almost lost to Barfallo at their own house. You can say we almost lost to the 9ners but if I had to choose between playing the 9ers again or the Bills I'll take the Bills. They looked tough last week after a bye week and Miami team that didn't even show up. Now they barely have anytime to prepare for a much better team in a way tougher road environment.

I'm sure you know the reason for it though. Being a fan of a team as inconsistent as this always has you wondering if you're going to see more of the same just as you get your hopes up. Once this team is consistently GOOD, then it will begin to wane, but until then this is what's to be expected.

I'm sure you know the reason for it though. Being a fan of a team as inconsistent as this always has you wondering if you're going to see more of the same just as you get your hopes up. Once this team is consistently GOOD, then it will begin to wane, but until then this is what's to be expected.

well I guess I will leave the worries to those fans who hold on to the past.... while I will be exerting my confidence in this team no matter who our opponent is. this team has shown time and time again that they won't fold to any team for the past 3 seasons. so while some of u keep looking at the past I will be looking forward to the future of this team. GOOO FALCONS!!!

I'm not nervous about tonight's game at all. I can't wait for this to happen, you can't be the best if you can't beat the best. So I say bring em on, a battle of 2 good 6-2 teams; tonight we find out what the Falcons are made of. We will get an accurate gauge of where the Falcons truly are. I expect a close game.

well I guess I will leave the worries to those fans who hold on to the past.... while I will be exerting my confidence in this team no matter who our opponent is. this team has shown time and time again that they won't fold to any team for the past 3 seasons. so while some of u keep looking at the past I will be looking forward to the future of this team. GOOO FALCONS!!!

See? Now THAT'S what I'm talking about! :D

As much as I respect the points people are bringing up about the potential for this team to replicate past performance, it seems a bit contradictory to me that a fan would want the team to win tomorrow night, but at the same time not be surprised if they were to blow it somehow. I mean, if that's the attitude during a regular season game, what kind of mindset will our fanbase have if the Falcons do end up going to the Super Bowl?

Some of y'all talk like the Ravens are a bunch of Transformers taking the field. The cool thing though is that the Falcons coaching staff and players are no doubt getting wind of all this negativity, too, like the guys at NFL Network, practically all of whom have picked the Ravens because the Falcons, so they say, "won't be able to match the physicality of the Ravens".

This game is going to be like New Orleans Saints II, only it's in our house with out crowd and I fully expect the Birds to represent and come out of this at 7-2.

I absolutely love this post. Amen Amen Amen.