Two more sources come forward confirming Newton pay-for-play allegations

BlacksburgHokie

True. Every fan of other conferences is looking for a reason to negate the SEC. Saying 'they all pay players and that's why they win' undermines all in the SEC.

That being said. Where's the body? You can't have a murder without a body or substantial blood stain. So you can't have a pay to play without the money. So where is it? Folks usually don't let that kind of money get too far away. So far, it seems that no one has found it.

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the accusations are true, Auburn is going to pay not only for the transgression but also this soapbox defense pulled off by Chizick. Its bad enough to get caught cheating, but to pull off such a pompous defense- if these accusations are true, there will be no leniency. I like Auburn and I hope they didn't cheat, but if they did, you reap what you sow.

If they actually cheated then of course they deserve to be punished but it is not good for the SEC ( especially with all the investigations going on already) and not something to be wished for or celebrated by rival SEC fans IMO.

Couldn't agree more. Its is Eerie how similar this is to Albert Means case in many ways and most all Auburn fans I know were jumping up and down when we got hit with sanctions that cost us a decade basically. Given that fact and all the accusations I have heard from them and other Auburn fans the last few years in recruiting and everything else I should be enjoying this but truth is I hate it because it is bad for college football and esp the SEC. Any SEC Auburn rivals who are enjoying this or hoping it is true are not seeing the big picture IMO.

I have a real hard time finding sympathy here. Auburn fans rolled Toomer's Corner the day that the NCAA levied sanctions against Alabama in 2002. Of course, Auburn fans also rolled Toomer's Corner the day Coach Bryant passed away, so what do you expect.

Wednesday, November 10 SEC teleconference

Chizik: “I wanna get off the table up front the fact that Camerrn Newton will be playing Saturday against the Georgia Bulldogs."

Also from the teleconference:

Later, a reporter asked Spurrier if it was true – as quarterback Stephen Garcia said – that this game was the biggest in South Carolina history.

“No, that’s not true. Please don’t listen to Stephen all the time when he’s speaking,” Spurrier said.

http://dawg-extra.blogspot.com/2010/11/sec-teleconference-blog-most.html

Of course Spurrier is wrong about that but I understand what he's trying to do eventhough it will fail. The kids all know that this will be the biggest game for the Gamecocks regardless of whether Spurrier admits it or not.

But that quote, and how it is worded, is just hilarious to me. It had me rolling.

If these acusations are true then I point exclusively at Cecil Newton for anything regarding "money for play". The other stuff (laptop, turning work that wasn't his) I hold Cam responsible for. I don't condone it, but I know that many young kids get into college and do some of the dumbest things in the world. That doesn't in any way make those things right, but it doesn't make a kid unworthy of a second chance if he works for and earns it.

But the part about Cam supposedly being very emotional when he finally told the MSU coach that he had to go to Auburn because of the money just infuriates me. Again, I am saying "if this is true"; but we know that Cam originally agreed to go to MSU, and then said that he left the final decision up to his father, who chose Auburn anyway over Cams wishes. If Cecil Newton did this to his own son, then he is scum of the earth.

I have a real hard time finding sympathy here. Auburn fans rolled Toomer's Corner the day that the NCAA levied sanctions against Alabama in 2002. Of course, Auburn fans also rolled Toomer's Corner the day Coach Bryant passed away, so what do you expect.

same here.. auburn fans were celebrating when bama received their sanctions. i personally don't like it when even a rival gets in trouble, because they are student athletes and coaches many who have nothing to do with what went wrong who feel the punishment.

You forgot dressing up a skeleton like the Bear and having pictures taken with it at games....I get it but I just dont think it is a good thing for the conference which at this time has more investigations going on than anytime I can ever remember really. I dont think it is a coincidence that we have dominated college football the last few years and then all the sudden investigations start opening up with almost every SEC team it seems. This could end up opening a very big can of worms but I hope not....thats just my opinion...I understand yours.

True. Every fan of other conferences is looking for a reason to negate the SEC. Saying 'they all pay players and that's why they win' undermines all in the SEC.

That being said. Where's the body? You can't have a murder without a body or substantial blood stain. So you can't have a pay to play without the money. So where is it? Folks usually don't let that kind of money get too far away. So far, it seems that no one has found it.

What didn't you hear Cam Newton cheated on a test so he must have taken money from Auburn

He faced explusion from Florida because of cheating and he also stole laptops, he doesn't sound like a quality guy or a reliable person to believe.

Anyways, I hope you people don't believe what Chizik says. He's obviously not going to come out and admit to anything now. He's got a big game Saturday, no need to give Georgia a hint of what may come before the game.

He faced explusion from Florida because of cheating and he also stole laptops, he doesn't sound like a quality guy or a reliable person to believe.

Anyways, I hope you people don't believe what Chizik says. He's obviously not going to come out and admit to anything now. He's got a big game Saturday, no need to give Georgia a hint of what may come before the game.

picard-no-facepalm.jpg

Shouldnt he sit out like AJ did when he got investigated?

Georgia chose to not play Green because if he had played in the games, Georgia would have had to forfeit those games, even if they had won, because they had used an ineligible player. Georgia knew he would be suspended for a number of games, therefore they didn't want to have to take the chance of forfeiting them.

If Newton is found guilty of this, then that means they will take a loss for every game that he has played in this year because he would have been ruled ineligible. Am I right or did I just make that up? Anybody know for sure?

Georgia chose to not play Green because if he had played in the games, Georgia would have had to forfeit those games, even if they had won, because they had used an ineligible player. Georgia knew he would be suspended for a number of games, therefore they didn't want to have to take the chance of forfeiting them.

If Newton is found guilty of this, then that means they will take a loss for every game that he has played in this year because he would have been ruled ineligible. Am I right or did I just make that up? Anybody know for sure?

No you are right on if a player is deemed ineligible they usually have to forfeit the games he praticipated in. Like the derrick rose memphis case technically memphis went 0-30 that year.

I thot we sat AJ to preemptively serve a penalty. Thinking ULL would be time served for a 1 game suspension instead of sitting him vs USC or ARK. But I could be wrong?

Again isn't Rodney Garner on your staff?

I know misery loves company, but I've never seen any serious allegation that Garner cheated at UGA. Fans always hold their coaches in high regard, at least in public, but I honestly don't believe that Mark Richt would knowingly permit his staff to break recruiting rules. You can make those allegations, but they just sound like a lot of sour grapes right now.

FWIW, I hope Auburn is not actually guilty of paying anyone. Your fans are a little too hardcore for my tastes, but I wouldn't wish probation on you because of that. Plus, the last thing the SEC needs is another black eye. But, the story is ugly and Auburn has had several ugly stories over the last few years and I'll admit I've had my suspicions a few times too. If I was Chizik, I'd make my program a lot more forthcoming with information about discipline than he's been so far.

Edited by CalDawg

I know misery loves company, but I've never seen any serious allegation that Garner cheated at UGA. Fans always hold their coaches in high regard, at least in public, but I honestly don't believe that Mark Richt would knowingly permit his staff to break recruiting rules. You can make those allegations, but they just sound like a lot of sour grapes right now.

FWIW, I hope Auburn is not actually guilty of paying anyone. Your fans are a little too hardcore for my tastes, but I wouldn't wish probation on you because of that. Plus, the last thing the SEC needs is another black eye. But, the story is ugly and Auburn has had several ugly stories over the last few years and I'll admit I've had my suspicions a few times too. If I was Chizik, I'd make my program a lot more forthcoming with information about discipline than he's been so far.

Pot, meet kettle.

Well the catch is, if Newton is guilty then that means Auburn is guilty. Auburn will pay a much more stiffer penalty then Newton ever will.