Who were some of the Greatest and most Influential

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

-1 for me; is that you out there Bob?

I didn't give you a neg, in fact I just gave you a +1 simply because someone so confused as to choose that d-bag for their guy in the entire 20th Century obviously needs bit of a hand up. ;)

For my vote, I'll second Churchill, the man more than any other leader literally saved the world from Nazism

I didn't give you a neg, in fact I just gave you a +1 simply because someone so confused as to choose that d-bag for their guy in the entire 20th Century obviously needs bit of a hand up. ;)

For my vote, I'll second Churchill, the man more than any other leader literally saved the world from Nazism

:angry: . i already said. musical genius, but bad celebrity. also he was drunk. dont act like you have never done anything stupid while drunk. it happens all the time, but this time it happened at an award show. everyone is so upset because its this young girl. if he did that to Jay z or heck the opposite situation and he took it out of Beyonce hands, no one would cry about it this much. dude is more hated than Chris Brown, and Chris brown beats women.

i dont give negs.

:angry: . i already said. musical genius, but bad celebrity. also he was drunk. dont act like you have never done anything stupid while drunk. it happens all the time, but this time it happened at an award show. everyone is so upset because its this young girl. if he did that to Jay z or heck the opposite situation and he took it out of Beyonce hands, no one would cry about it this much. dude is more hated than Chris Brown, and Chris brown beats women.

i dont give negs.

Calm down bro :lol: , that was directed at Xnex who said someone gave him a -1 for saying Jimmy Carter (which is why I quoted him)and just a joke anyway. As bad a choice I find Kanye to be, he is still head and shoulders above Carter.

:lol::lol:

Yes he did......and we was MASTERFUL at it. Just like he was last night. :lol:

It was 5 people with dodgeballs against one Matt Ryan. It was on this day he took a shot of glacial water injected into his veins. He caught ever ball thrown at him then pegged them back right in the middle of their chest. They regretted calling him noodle-arm Ryan and he was henceforth known as Matty Ice.

please show me one song where he talks about im the greatest richest rapper? dont worry ill wait.

edit: i think people think i mean he is the most influential person in hip hop. i only mean i think he will be one of the more influential, because of his ability to appeal to the masses while having meaning to his songs.

music right now is going down the toilet. all about stanky legs and turning on swag. if i were to go around and ask what people think of groups like a tribe called quest or RunDMC or Clipse etc( people with meaning in their lyrics) most would have bewildered looks.

At 8:20PM I was out watching the game, since that's when the game started. Sorry to "make you wait!"

I don't want to go through Kanye's lyrics (I don't like his music) to find an example of him talking about how he is the greatest/richest. You listen to that yahoo and think that he never mentions this?

That is very unbelievable. I'd rather listen to aforementioned artists and read their lyrics because I like their music.

At 8:20PM I was out watching the game, since that's when the game started. Sorry to "make you wait!"

I don't want to go through Kanye's lyrics (I don't like his music) to find an example of him talking about how he is the greatest/richest. You listen to that yahoo and think that he never mentions this?

That is very unbelievable. I'd rather listen to aforementioned artists and read their lyrics because I like their music.

to the first part. umm okay. thanks for the apology... i guess. i didnt really care where you were. not sure why you think i did.

so you dont listen to him, but you know he says im the greatest/richest. And you can not find an example to back you statement, but its unbelievable? where is your credibility? you really have no legs to stand on with this argument.

i didnt ask who you would rather listen to, but again thanks for informing me.

id like to make a comparison. so many people think Michael Jackson was a pedophile and very nutty, but that doesnt take away the fact that michael musically was very influential. same thing could be said about kanye( of course not on the same level of influence, since MJ is the King)

to the first part. umm okay. thanks for the apology... i guess. i didnt really care where you were. not sure why you think i did.

so you dont listen to him, but you know he says im the greatest/richest. And you can not find an example to back you statement, but its unbelievable? where is your credibility? you really have no legs to stand on with this argument.

i didnt ask who you would rather listen to, but again thanks for informing me.

id like to make a comparison. so many people think Michael Jackson was a pedophile and very nutty, but that doesnt take away the fact that michael musically was very influential. same thing could be said about kanye( of course not on the same level of influence, since MJ is the King)

I hear his songs on the radio (the Daft Punk remix blows)... listen for a bit, then change it. I don't listen to Justin Bieber either, but I know I don't like him.

If I found lyrics where he's talking about how great or rich he is (wouldn't be hard) then I would "win" the argument but "lose" because I spent time googling him.

Michael Jackson is in a league of his own. He's the greatest performer of all time in any entertainment realm. His success made him influential. You're right, he is the king and Kanye is nowhere near him.

There are some rappers out there that, like it or not, were very influential.

Too Short

Run DMC

Electromagnetic MC's

Tribe Called Quest

But they actually had messages. Corporate BS "I'm the greatest/richest rap sucks" and that's exactly what Kanye is about.

Equivocate it to other genres of music.

Pop: It's like saying Justin Bieber is influential and not mentioning Michael Jackson.

Country: It's like saying Dixie Chicks are influential and not mentioning Hank Williams, Sr.

Metal: It's like saying GWAR is influential and not mentioning Metallica.

Rock: It's like saying Creed is influential and not mentioning Led Zeppelin.

If Kanye is influential, then there are about 50 other artists who did it bigger, better, and purer (?) than he did and in this 20th century. Taking old beats and making it into a track isn't anything new either. Will Smith. Puff Daddy. Warren G. They all did it too.

Kanye is about himself and making money.

Give me a raw Too Short beat like The Ghetto every time over that noise then.

Well people do say Dolemite was the inventor of rap. Why is there no love for the Human Tornado? :P

I hear his songs on the radio (the Daft Punk remix blows)... listen for a bit, then change it. I don't listen to Justin Bieber either, but I know I don't like him.

If I found lyrics where he's talking about how great or rich he is (wouldn't be hard) then I would "win" the argument but "lose" because I spent time googling him.

Michael Jackson is in a league of his own. He's the greatest performer of all time in any entertainment realm. His success made him influential. You're right, he is the king and Kanye is nowhere near him.

so you are gonna go with the glenn beck style of arguments right? make a claim, have nothing to back it up. okay what ever. it also seems like you missed the point to all of my argument.

so you are gonna go with the glenn beck style of arguments right? make a claim, have nothing to back it up. okay what ever. it also seems like you missed the point to all of my argument.

I also don't listen to Glenn Beck. Do I have to take your word on it? No, I know what he's about so there's no need for me to go researching him to affirm what I know to be true.

Good example; now you're getting my point.

I also don't listen to Glenn Beck. Do I have to take your word on it? No, I know what he's about so there's no need for me to go researching him to affirm what I know to be true.

Good example; now you're getting my point.

i dont listen to a tribe called quest. i heard they only talk about selling drugs and how the hood and 40s are awesome.

your point has now become invalid.